Reddit

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Reddit

Postby geologist2007 » Mon May 27, 2019 11:41 am

Came across some Reddit subs that are supportive of naturism

https://www.reddit.com/r/nudism/new/
there is also /r/naturism for European readers.
https://www.reddit.com/r/normalnudes
This site has photos of normal people seeking affirmation that they are normal. Good for body positive nudism

Not saying everything there is good, but I have long sought photos of regular people, not photoshopped ones, and this has been helpful
geologist2007
Native Resident

Re: Reddit

Postby baresoul » Tue May 28, 2019 9:14 pm

Reddit seemed to be a bit much for me to add to what I have for accounts, when I have added accounts to things before that I forgot about, and some I remember that I don't go back to, when I still have been busy enough with this forum site and another busy naturist Christian site, and with use of Facebook, MeWe, Twitter, other forum sites, Goodreads, email groups, Tumblr, LinkedIn, and Wordpress. But this nudist side of it has me interested.
baresoul
Native Resident

Postby RatherBSailin » Wed May 29, 2019 3:38 pm

I was meandering through some of the Reddit posts and found a link to a great article - "The Right to be Publicly Naked: A Defense of Nudism." Here's a link :

https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... _of_Nudism

A well documented case for changing existing laws - very impressive. I would send a copy to my elected officials if I thought they would read it.
He who laughs, lasts.
RatherBSailin
Resident

Postby DaveT » Fri May 31, 2019 9:06 pm

The officials get so much mail their secretary sorts it out and only pass to them what they think warrants their attention.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:03 pm

geologist2007 wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/normalnudes
This site has photos of normal people seeking affirmation that they are normal. Good for body positive nudism

This site is interesting to me because it sheds light on the current "epidemic" of body negativity.

Which begs the question: Is this a new phenomenon, or just one that's getting more attention thanks to celebrities, smartphones, social media, etc.?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby geologist2007 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:42 am

Some of the posters I understand how they feel, but many of them I think, 'are you really negative about your body, or are you just wanting to post a nude photo of yourself on the internet?" From what they post, even young, attractive and slim men and women are overly critical of themselves. If these posts are real, they demonstrate how serious this issue is. On the other hand, some not-so-fit people post that they are pleased with the results from exercise and weight loss efforts.
It is a good site to view non sexual nudity of nothing else
geologist2007
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:38 pm

geologist2007 wrote:Some of the posters I understand how they feel, but many of them I think, 'are you really negative about your body, or are you just wanting to post a nude photo of yourself on the internet?" From what they post, even young, attractive and slim men and women are overly critical of themselves. If these posts are real, they demonstrate how serious this issue is. On the other hand, some not-so-fit people post that they are pleased with the results from exercise and weight loss efforts.
It is a good site to view non sexual nudity of nothing else

I agree with your assessment, geologist. I think oftentimes it's the attractive and slim people who are overly critical--maybe they've been "fat-shamed" in the past--and so they "think" others perceive them as fat even if they themselves would never think it otherwise. (Hopefully that convoluted sentence makes sense!)

It's good to see that other users are encouraging the posters, although I think some of the comments are on the edge.

Thanks for sharing!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Lionheart » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:34 am

It is really interesting the number of people that post there. I’ve always enjoyed the ability online to get a snap shot into the world of another person. To see if my life looks anything like others lives. In this case it is the same with bodies. Sad that there are so few places to do that in real time that it must be done virtually. At least there is some outlet for that need. Even if some are posting just to post a naked picture, it seems to speak to each individuals need to see and be seen on an emotional level. If not found elsewhere, it can be found here. I might like to see the nudity in more diverse settings and candid to everyday tasks being done nude, but the post are more about bodies only. I wonder if there is a version for naturists or nudists? (Besides our own limited gallery here :) )
Run Wild|Live Free|Love Strong
Lionheart
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism