What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby nudie66 » Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:30 pm

When I was growing up, we had a persimmon tree in our backyard. Every single year, my dad would wait 'til he thought they were ripe, then he'd try one. Every single year, he'd run for the kitchen to wash down the bitterness.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby DaveT » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:50 am

I find great variation among the wild persimmons. The one's from the tree I was eating start to get ripe early, well before frost, and they loose their astringency very early and are edible while still slightly firm, but others take longer to loose astringency, they have to be to the soft ripe stage before loosing it all, and commonly it's after the first chilly weather come in before they're ready. But for all of them now it's about the end of their season, the last ones are dead ripe and falling. But due to their nature of not being edible until they are very ripe and very soft, it's not a fruit that can be harvested and shipped. So eat em off the tree where they grow and that's about it. Preservation for later isn't too easy either. Can try to separate the sweet pulp from the seeds and either dry it for fruit leather or freeze it. I've thought of coming up with a centrifugal separator to do more quantity. The dried pulp would make delicious fruit leather later. Might try it just to make use of more of them. As I clear more areas and leave the 'simmon trees.
DaveT
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism