Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

Postby natman » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:01 pm

I was so accustomed to nudity in the locker room from 7th grade through high school, that I never gave it a second thought when I got to college. Then, the only time I saw any negative affects was when I ran into my future sister-in-law's boyfriend who apparently felt that showering nude was quite odd, despite the fact that there were fifty other nude guys showering there with us at the same time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7264
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:21 am

natman wrote:I was so accustomed to nudity in the locker room from 7th grade through high school, that I never gave it a second thought when I got to college. Then, the only time I saw any negative affects was when I ran into my future sister-in-law's boyfriend who apparently felt that showering nude was quite odd, despite the fact that there were fifty other nude guys showering there with us at the same time.
Sounds like he had a problem--not you or the other fifty. :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
User avatar
jochanaan
Councillor
 
Posts: 6342
Joined: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:58 pm
Location: Denver

Re: Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:18 am

And on the good news side of things I can now say that I have extended the group whom I have informed to include my youngest daughter and she took it very well.

Her religious commitment is very strong and I was concerned that she might have been influenced by the "naturism = illicit sex" ideas that float around, but she took it all very well in stride without issue.

That leaves only one child who is not informed and that is our daughter who is in a cult and does not talk to us, and If she did find out I am sure that the cult would say that we were horrible deceived sinners on the way to hell, and she would not approve or would declare that she thought we might fall into that sort of thing. There is really nothing to be gained in making any effort there as things now stand.

But at least our youngest daughter will not be shocked at my funeral by finding out my unannounced preference should I have been outed at that time. I am glad I had a chance to share that facet of my current practice in such a way as to have a positive outcome. My wife was more concerned than I that the outcome might go badly.

Bare_Truth
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
User avatar
Bare_Truth
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Ozark Plateau, Southwest Missouri

Re: Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:59 am

Bare_Truth wrote:And on the good news side of things I can now say that I have extended the group whom I have informed to include my youngest daughter and she took it very well.


That's great news. Even if she never joins you or wants to be around while you are nude, it is a psychological relief to know the issue is out there in the open.
jasenj1
Native Resident
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:42 pm

Re: Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:31 am

Bare_Truth, I agree with Jasen. Isn't it great to not have to feel concern a loved one may someday learn from someone else you've a hidden secret. Once you've revealed it you learn the loved one accepts you as you truly are.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
User avatar
JimShedd112
Native Resident
 
Posts: 1766
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:44 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:01 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:Bare_Truth, I agree with Jasen. Isn't it great to not have to feel concern a loved one may someday learn from someone else you've a hidden secret. Once you've revealed it you learn the loved one accepts you as you truly are.

Jim

You and Jasenj1 have written well as to the way it is great indeed to have this acceptance, tolerance and understanding.

Of course as to being "accepted as I am truly am", I still have room to improve there and am working on that still. I hope to become truly different and improved in certain ways. I.E. I still have some rough chunks to be knocked off and a general grinding and polishing all over. Hopefully I am not underestimating how much finish work remains :roll:.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
User avatar
Bare_Truth
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2479
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Ozark Plateau, Southwest Missouri

Re: Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

Postby Maverick » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:02 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Of course as to being "accepted as I am truly am", I still have room to improve there and am working on that still. I hope to become truly different and improved in certain ways. I.E. I still have some rough chunks to be knocked off and a general grinding and polishing all over. Hopefully I am not underestimating how much finish work remains :roll:.


If we didn't all need some chiseling, we couldn't look forward to God's work in our lives (and give Him all the glory for it).

Glad to hear that you shared the news with your daughter, Bare, and I hope and pray that you'll have the chance to do so with your other daughter.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Who knows you practice Naturism and do you tell?

Postby naturaldon » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:52 pm

Thanks for renewing this strip, Bare. I never did report here. Most people who know me know that I am happy being naked at some level. Wife knows most, colleagues and friends at church know, too. My own children know enough. Every time my daughter facetimes with us and I come into the picture, she always asks "Do you have any clothes on?" :lol:

Beyond that, I don't make a big deal about how I enjoy naturism as it mostly just comes with the territory of my personality and the things I enjoy doing (outdoors).
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
User avatar
naturaldon
Native Resident
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am
Location: NW MO

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests