Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby MoNatureMan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:56 pm

I believe there are a number of us that have a private place in the country that is remote and safe.
I for one have areas on my hobby farm that are private, secure and secluded. (hiking trails, swimming holes, open meadows) There are others in the group that have similar property.
If those of us that have this type of property would open it up to members that have a reluctant spouse, family or friends, I believe we could increase our numbers.
Clothing optional would of course apply to the reluctants or newcomers. There could be private areas where they could be with family or friends only and maybe start the journey into Christian Nudism. Unlike clubs or resorts, we could make the reluctants feel more secure, by limiting people on property to only owners and the couple/family/friends that are visiting.
Another option would be to have (another) nudist couple visit at the same time.

Your Thoughts
In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Re: Lets expand Christian Social Nudism - Idea

Postby Petros » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:08 am

I would love to buy in. Only 4 acres give or take here, and some areas are overlooked by neighbours who MIGHT have fieldglasses going, but there are some pleasant spots. But the clincher is Herself whose phobia makes it had for her even to hear the word nude.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:08 am

Well my place can cover southern Missouri and northern northern Arkansas. Also for those traveling i44 through MO. That overlaps with some others.
As for watchers, you need an airplane or drone to see what goes on here.

Still another idea is for people with an outdoor hot tub. When we had one, it was always in the nude. Invite friends or extended family. Then share a bit of Social Christian Nudity, including what the Bible says about the God called naked preacher.

In Him
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:08 pm

This is a wonderful idea!
Now I don't have a big wooded rural plot of land, but if I could get some fences up, even my suburban back yard could be loads of fun. I currently have a small fenced-off area for sunbathing, but I would love to cover the entire yard so I can uncover myself and roam freely! :lol:
Once this is accomplished...
There's room for volleyball, a hot tub, sunbathing, petanque, grilling, gardening and general good times.
Sure I would love to offer more land to ramble, but this is better than nothing, isn't it?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:07 am

I have 52 wooded acres that I would love to share with like minded nudists, if only my reluctant would be open to it.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:59 am

Larryk1052 wrote:I have 52 wooded acres that I would love to share with like minded nudists, if only my reluctant would be open to it.

Larry, I wish she could simply meet us, say at Cracker Barrel for supper.
She'd see that we are doctors, plumbers, tech support guys, house wives, farmers, just plain folks!
I've even met quite a few pastors and pastors wives!
Everyone is naked some of the day, the only difference is:
some of us don't get dressed after the morning shower.

Have y'all been to a beach lately?
You won't see much more skin at a nudist pool party than Daytona on spring break and nudists are a lot friendlier and better behaved.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:13 am

For those who don't know it, Ron and I are about 80 miles apart (mostly along I-44),and both of us have significant land space though Ron has several times what I do and his is even more secluded.

Other than from the air about 75% of my 20 acres of land is essentially impossible for anyone to see me walking about nude. When the forest is in leaf, even aerial observation is greatly curtailed. (I even wave at the occasional A-10 on low flying training missions but have never gotten a response even when I could see the pilot sitting in the open cockpit. I guess he/she was busy flying a plane at treetop level.)

Another 15% is quite difficult for anyone to see me and easy for me to remain unseen. As my bamboo groves at the roadside increase each year the privacy improves steadily. even parts of the front lawn are fully obscured. I have sufficient privacy that I doubt many if any neighbors know I am a naturist, and they still let their kids come over to fish in our pond.

A few places are somewhat dependent on the season of the year and how many leaves are on the trees and shrubbery.

I have two clearings in the woods accessible by vehicle provided it is not to wide. A large pickup has made it as far as both clearings to haul out firewood last winter, (tight fit but he made it). and my tractor and utility trailer easily access both clearings.

I even have a "tree shaded" area that could be reached with extension cords for moderate wattage about 150 yards from the house, (but if you trip the GFCI it is 300 yards round trip to reset it :lol: ). There is a 1.8 acre pond that is suitable for fishing and which I have been swimming in, but is not highly recommended for the latter. (The bottom is muddy clay with a scattering of angular rocks. Wearing old sneakers is recommended.) Sunning yourself while floating on an inflatable is pretty good though. I have outdoor hot and cold running water for those who might wish to remove the faintly fishy essence that sometime adheres after swimming.

I have more than 1 mile of trails criss crossing in the woods most of which requires no special effort to assure not being seen by neighbors. I even have moderate supplies of seasoned firewood for those who know how to safely tend a campfire. Being rather allergic to poison ivy, I have killed out all the poison ivy within 10 feet of any trails, so that is one hazard effectively removed.

The entire place is fenced on all but the road side and fully posted against trespassing per the Missouri "Purple Paint" law. It also abounds with wildlife such as
bunnies,
squirrels,
raccoons (lock your food up and do not have any in a tent at night),
deer,
turkeys,
Canada geese (during migrations),
ducks (mostly mallards),
foxes,
etc.
All of which are reclusive to one degree or another so you may or may not see them, but may hear some of them.

So I am with MoNatureMan about being willing to share with fellow naturists if they have the same sort of respect for the environment that Ron and I do. In my case my wife is a reluctant spouse but very supportive of my practices and I have had naturist visitors several times.

Well mannered children are greatly encouraged. (The well mannered part is emphasized as I " hobby farm" this land and much of it is wild so there are potential hazards such as is common to such a situation and not necessarily familiar to most urban kids. E.G.:.
-- do not climb on the tractor or implements, they are heavy and have sharp parts,
-- do not try to climb over / through / under the barbed wire fence,
-- respect neighbors land boundaries,
-- wild animals are not like your pet kitty cat, do not try to pet them,
-- don't mess with those three leafed vines we told you about but let me know where you saw them so I can kill them,
-- and don't mess with the turtles, some of which are snappers,
-- leave the snakes alone, they eat vermin, only a few are poisonous, and you rarely see any of them anyway,
-- if a tick bites you, let us show you how to get it off,
-- don't try to catch the pretty little skinks, (small colorful lizards that frequent the trails), they eat the ticks,
-- The sewage lagoon is not a pond to play in even if the water looks clear and does not smell.
-- etc.

MoNatureMan wrote:Well my place can cover southern Missouri and northern northern Arkansas. Also for those traveling i44 through MO. That overlaps with some others.
I believe I am one of the "others" that Ron was referring to. As for naturists from Arkansas, I regard them as refugees from the mis-named "Natural State" that criminalizes even speaking in favor of naturism.

As for any CNV travelers passing through, as well as the possibility of finding camping accommodation with Ron or I, if you come up I44 through Oklahoma, the very wonderful Oak Lake Trails naturist resort and community is a bit west of Tulsa, and if coming from the north down the west side of the state, there is "Show Me Acres" in the Stover part of the Lake of the Ozarks region, but avoid the resort called "Secrets" as that is a swinger joint.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:36 am

"do not try to climb over / through / under the barbed wire fence"

The scar on my back helps remind me of that rule. I was careful, but I was and am large and not maximally flexible.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 am

Petros wrote:....The scar on my back helps remind me of that rule. I was careful, but I was and am large and not maximally flexible.
Actually, the barbed wire of the cross and perimeter fences at my place were strung with large quadrupeds in mind, and accordingly the lower wire to the ground is the largest gap. On the few occasions I have needed to cross them, going under is the easiest. However if attempting that on all fours, the problem comes in keeping one's butt down.

In the fall, for hunting season I take the precaution of mowing or string trimming a few strategic spots, under the fence to remove the vegetation as the easiest is to simply lay down beside the fence and roll under. The significance for hunting season is that the selection of the crossing point is often in order to enter a portion of the woods from downwind. The bow, shotgun or rifle etc. is placed where it is accessible from either side of the fence and recovered after the maneuver.

Doing a "roll under" at a random location, however, especially in warmer weather, presents a risk to the unwary unobservant, of poison ivy, and ticks. When clothed one needs to check one's pockets afterward as that is a likely time to lose stuff.

I really ought to consider building a stile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stile in a few places, as they are easily constructed from woodland materials.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:44 am

Another idea or 2.
Tomorrow (if all goes right), I will be posting my 'Clothing Optional Beyond This Point' sign at the entrance to my hobby farm. For those that visit, it will be a warning and also an invitation.

For those of you that have binocular neighbors, why don't you give them an invite and allow it to be 'clothing optional' for them.

Again for those that have reluctants, they may be interested in going camping, even if the owner of the property happens to be a naturist.

In Him
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:59 am

For the benefit of those who did not see Ron's post at the Naturist Christians sitehttp://naturist-christians.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=192493#p192493, my suggestion to Ron there was.
.....I know you to be a friendly welcoming guy, I offer the following, albeit you will need more sign board space:

IF YOU SHOULD GO ON PAST THIS SIGN
PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE THINK IT FINE
THAT PEOPLE HERE ARE SOME OF THOSE
WHO THINK IT GREAT TO WEAR NO CLOTHES

IF YOU SHOULD DRIVE ON TO THE END
PLEASE UNDERSTAND WE DON'T INTEND
IN ANY ASPECT TO BE RUDE
WE SIMPLY CHOOSE TO LIVE LIFE NUDE

You might need to use most or all of a 4x8 sheet of plywood as a sign board and a couple of stout posts to hold it all.
Alternatively you could always do it using standard fencing "T" posts if you broke it into 4 or 8 separate signes like the old Burma Shave signs.

You could just stop with the first verse, however I think it works better with both.

Alternative to a big sign back behind your gate but readable from the road, I suppose you could use a much smaller sign sized to be readable from the seat of a car that has pulled up to your gate. I suppose the latter might be more satisfactory to your wife, on the other hand the big sign serves a purpose to promote naturism.

P.S., I guess I was just in one of my poetic moods today, (mayhap I should say "doggerel" moods),
[(c) Bare Truth, April 30, 2015 - poetry released to general public license.] which simply means anyone is free to use this but they cannot copyright it to themselves and try to keep others from using it, so anyone is free to put this on signs.

Placed large enough and close enough to the road, I would hope that this may have some positive effect on promoting acceptance of nudity. So I thought it fit well under the topic of this strip. If any others feel "poetic" Please consider that light hearted humor in poetry can have a positive effect when promoting an idea. It sticks in the memory better and has a friendly aspect..
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:22 pm

Rural friends have frequently enjoyed their pool nude.
There is no fence around their yard.
However, the pool is behind the house.
To get to the pool, there is a long noisy gravel driveway and four big barking dogs running loose at all times.
If someone so much as turns into the driveway, a lot of crunching gravel alerts the dogs who head for the car in hot pursuit and they bark incessantly, waiting by driver's doors until the good man of the house slips on his trunks, peers over to see who pulled into the front yard and then calls the dogs off if all is well.

If you are a regular, the dogs nuzzle up, demand to be petted (no matter how smelly their fur) and if you are irregular, there's a bit of growling and bravado that one would do well not to put to the test.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:52 pm

I see that when I head through Missouri, there might be places to stay, and stay nude. :D 8) :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:52 pm

If you are going along I-44 I know of at least 2 places.

Mine is ready for visitors. If you like nude hiking there are a over 3 miles here. A large amount on my property and access roads on both sides that seldom get used. I have hiked to my mailbox on the county road which is a mile from the cabin with about half of that on my property. Am currently working on my trails. Most of my trails are wide enough to drive my Rav4 around on and I keep it cleared enough that grass grows. I have to cut it once or twice a year. While I was cutting grass on one of my old trails, found a fallen tree partially blocking the trail. Will get that taken care of and finish my spring trail maintenance.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Bobby » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:56 pm

It would be great to meet up with you guys if I ever visit the US. :)
Bobby
Native Resident

Next

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism