Ken Ham on nudity

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Ken Ham on nudity

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:12 am

For those who place great credence in what came out of Nicea, I would like to know why they esteem it so.

I yam what I yam - which does not purport to translate the Hebrew comment on the linguistically indeteminate Tetragrammaton, but is just like it is. Or like I am, which is not far from the what he be of Bare Truth.

I endorse the Nicene formula NOT because I was brought up on it and the so-called Apostle's Creed [run through Creeds of Christendom some time], and NOT because of the weight and authority of its sponsors or of anyone explaining or endorsing it, but rather because as I explored my way into what traits of which Chrisianity had validity, I found the Creed in its several clauses and its entirety to match what my "Inner Light" with its 3-way bulb [at least one filament admittedly dim] found to fit reality.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:04 am

I am reminded of the meeting to discuss the existence of God. At the end they took a vote.
---------------
A three way bulb only has two filaments.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:40 pm

jjsledge wrote:I am reminded of the meeting to discuss the existence of God. At the end they took a vote.
---------------
A three way bulb only has two filaments.

I decided to leave it exactly as written - simply to see who might bite.

3way:

Filament A full capacity
Filament B full capacity : normal H M L

Filament A lowered efficiency
Filament B full capacity : normal M, dim H L

Filament A full capacity
Filament B lowered efficiency: normal L, dim H M

Filament A lowered efficiency
Filament B lowered efficiency: dim H M L

Except for the first case, all situations fit "at least one filament admittedly dim".

QED

The combinations for "at least one filament burnt out" I leave as an exercise.

I like to think no filament in my Inner Light is burnt out yet.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:03 pm

A three-way bulb may have either two separate filaments or one filament with three connection points.

When they say three-way, they are referring to OFF-LOW-HIGH. All three-way lamps I have personally encountered only have these three positions.

In the case of two separate filaments, one filament is a low resistance, producing brighter light, and the other is a higher resistance, producing lower light.

120V --- 30 watt element --- GND ---- 60 watt element --- (not connected) = 30 Watts

(not connected) --- 30 watt element --- GND ---- 60 watt element --- 120V = 60 Watts

In the case of the single, split element, a connection is made from one end to the center of the element to produce the brighter light. The connection is moved to the outer end of the element (series) to produce lower light.

120V --- 30 watt element --- GND ---- 30 watt element --- (not connected) = 30 Watts

120V --- 30 watt element --- GND ---- 30 watt element --- (120V) = 60 Watts

Alternately, full power could be applied between the center tap and either end of the element to produce lower light, or to both ends (parallel) to produce higher light.

It should be possible to configure a lamp to produce four options (OFF, LOW, MEDIUM, HIGH) using the first style of bulb.

120V --- 30 watt element --- GND ---- 60 watt element --- (not connected) = 30 Watts

(not connected) --- 30 watt element --- GND ---- 60 watt element --- 120V = 60 Watts

120V --- 30 watt element --- GND ---- 60 watt element --- 120V = 90 Watts
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:06 pm

one filament with three connection points.

I have not knowingly encountered that.

The 3-ways we have here - all I have worked with - are 3 in addition to off.

Don't think I have ever met a 2 level +off bulb.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:35 pm

This being a strip titled "Ken Ham on Nudity" and now having turned to light bulbs, let me unify the current discussion by saying that I wish that Ken Ham would go from dim bulb mode and lighten up and see the light on nudity :!: :!: :!: :lol: :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:13 pm

All the two-stage incandescent bulbs I have seen have two filaments. You can have A, or B, or both A and B. To introduce the option of putting A and B in series would require changes to the sockets (the easy way) and would also give light that is much more toward the red. In the case of 50, 100, and 150-watt settings with white light you would get something more on the order of 40 watts and an orange light, since the 50 watt filament would see about 2/3 the voltage.

They all have a big base shell, a button contact, and a ring contact. The socket switch applies power to the tip, the ring, or both tip and ring. The base shell is always connected to the return lead. To do what you are suggesting would require the tip and ring be connected to the power leads. There are some other more obscure safety issues involving the base shell being shorted to the socket's frame; rare but it happens.

And you are right, what does this have to do with nudity? Keep the lights on.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:35 pm

This conversation has really left me in the dark.
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:20 pm

My fault for bringing the Inner Light into it.

Fortunately, it is easy enough to switch it off.

I know little or nothing about Ken Ham - apparently he is one of several Australians who have been evangelizing us Yanks.

Intriguing, if he really said that same sex marriage logically leads to nudism. Unfortunately for the theory, so far my evaluation of his capacity for rational discussion and logical analysis is only slightly if at all higher than the Huffington Post's.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:16 am

My point: the brightest light requires even the dimmest element to function. :wink:
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism