What if God gave the order as He did Isaiah

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What if God gave the order as He did Isaiah

Postby Ramblinman » Sun May 08, 2016 4:58 pm

jochanaan wrote:No, I was actually thinking of Numbers 14:34 and Ezekiel 4:6. (I'm on my phone or I'd copy and paste the texts.) Still, two instances is not enough for a universal pronciple.

God only told Adam and Eve once not to eat from the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
How many times does it take before we heed God's word?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun May 08, 2016 7:38 pm

I think topic drifted substantially. how did it turn into day for a year when it started with a naked prophet? Anyway; the day for a year idea got solidified in the prophecy of Daniel, when the years from the command to rebuild Jerusalem to the anointing of Messiah the prince was given in days. Establishing the day for a year in the prophecy. And Jesus was baptized right on time. One more week (7 years) were given to the Jews, with the Messiah causing the sacrifice and oblation to cease in the middle of the week. Which is exactly what happened. 3.5 years from his baptism He was crucified which ended the sacrificial system. Another 3.5 years they stoned Stephen, Saul (Paul) was converted and sent to evangelize the gentiles.

When God tells a person to do something, whatever it is, it's dangerous to refuse to do it. Even when it's something as drastic as sacrificing your own son. But now Abraham had a second confirmation of the command before he finalized what God had asked. God told him to sacrifice Isaac on a mountain that would be shown to him. He set out not knowing what mountain. Must have had some idea which direction to go. Whatever God did to designate the exact mountain was the confirming of the command. But then we know the ending. God was teaching Abraham what it was like to give up his own son, as an illustration of God the Father giving up his son to die for us. When God says do something, we'd better do it. Even if it means going naked. because something good will come of it. We're not told what good came from Isaiah's naked prophecy. But someone benefited I'm sure.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon May 09, 2016 10:21 am

DaveT wrote: We're not told what good came from Isaiah's naked prophecy. But someone benefited I'm sure.

The power of the WORD indeed will achieve this! The benefit was primarily for the Hebrew people in the days leading up to their captivity, but also will continue as long as the word of God is preached on this Earth.
So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:11
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism