We need a poll about our nudist lives.

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

We need a poll about our nudist lives.

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:33 pm

I would like to request a poll to be taken. But to do it right It would need to be multifaceted or multiple separate polls.

Perhaps the poll should be titled, "What is the Balance of your Nude Time"
What I have in mind is something that might examine how we naturists live with regard to how we live the nude part of our life.

Questions to be probed might be something like:
NOTE: Nude time in the following questions should exclude sleeping nude at night.

-- What percentage of your non-sleeping time is nude time.

-- What percentage of your nude life is outdoors,

-- Per year, what percentage of your nude time is,
---- indoors at home,
---- outdoors at home,
---- at social nudist events,
---- at resorts,
---- at public CO or Nudist venues.
---- etc?

-- What percentage of your nudist time is
---- basically solo activities (even if others are present),
---- basically with household members and close family,
---- with naturist friends other naturists/nudists other than close family & household members

-- What percentage of your nudist time is spent at clubs or resorts

Or questions to that effect.

I admit that this might be sort of a complex poll but I think it might be informative and give us some opportunity to assess what the balance of nude life is like for most of us.

Please when commenting about this idea feel free to suggest other questions or alternate wordings of the questions.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: We need a poll about our nudist lives.

Postby Petros » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:57 am

It would need to be carefully worded - a poorly constructed poll is worse than useless.

A number of items are complex: For me, in these latitudes, Outdoor nude time depends on A temperature B Herself's movements C trips from the property D presence of visitors E the agricultural cycle F length of day G precipitation. All but F and perhaps E may vary from year to year, and even E is not completely stable.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:42 am

Petros wrote:It would need to be carefully worded - a poorly constructed poll is worse than useless.
Indeed careful wording would be required so that respondents are actually answering the same questions and not some misunderstanding of the intended question.

Petros wrote:A number of items are complex: For me, in these latitudes, Outdoor nude time depends on A temperature B Herself's movements C trips from the property D presence of visitors E the agricultural cycle F length of day G precipitation. All but F and perhaps E may vary from year to year, and even E is not completely stable.
This point of yours is indeed a good point. to answer such a question in a useful manner, it might need to be phrased, "Over the last year, what percentage of your time would you say ............"

It is not an easy poll to just toss together but even imperfectly done (if not too carelessly crafted) I think it would give useful and interesting insights. And all the more so if it inspired individuals to comment on how their experience compared to the averages.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:35 pm

so where do we start? right here? Subject to modification in future but for now;

-- What percentage of your non-sleeping time is nude time. currently probably 20-30% average, but day to day it varies from 0% to 80% or more.
- What percentage of your nude life is outdoors, 99.99%

-- Per year, what percentage of your nude time is,
---- indoors at home, 0.01%
---- outdoors at home, 99.99%
---- at social nudist events, 0
---- at resorts, 0
---- at public CO or Nudist venues. 0
---- etc?

-- What percentage of your nudist time is
---- basically solo activities (even if others are present), 100%
---- basically with household members and close family, 0%
---- with naturist friends other naturists/nudists other than close family & household members 0%

-- What percentage of your nudist time is spent at clubs or resorts 0%

Break it down by season, spring through fall is obviously when the majority of nude time happens here. Winter is limited to the warmer days with the coldest months seeing the least. But I miss the warm sun when it's too cold to be exposed to it, or cloudy for weeks on end. Some days i have jobs to do which prohibit nude time completely. Some days I get in short periods. Some days I'm working naked all day. And those days are quite prevalent nowdays as I'm spending a good bit of work time on my clearing and firewood job out there. My plan is to continue until I'm growing lots of food in those sites and still working them naked, then when finances and time permits building greenhouses to grow food all winter and working in them naked as well. I will build more than one in more than one location, put some others to work in the ones out in the front end of the land, (they aren't naturist minded) but I want one good greenhouse back in my isolated naked gardening site where I can freely spend my winter gardening time naked in the warmth of the sun through the glazing. Growing good food to carry out to share with others. And in time get out and find some social naked time somewhere, and/or invite friends in to join me in my greenhouse and gardens from time to time.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby pipermac » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Indoors nude at home - 95%
Outdoors nude at home - 1% (after dark)
Time spent clothed - 6-8 hours per weeks. (church and errands)
I am single, so everything is solo.

I lead a ministry at Cypress Cove. so I am there every Sunday afternoon. If the weather is nice, I may be nude for most of that time from about 2 Pm til about 7:30 Pm.

I also have a membership at Cypress Cove, so I try to go a couple of times during the week for 6-8 hours at a time.

Socializing - frequently when I am there.

Blessings!

Steve
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14) And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:1, 1:14
pipermac
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:18 pm

Well, my work and living situation has changed yet again, so my best answer is, It varies. :? I am still living in the hostel, but I am now the "head hosteler," working the front desk most evenings and weekends when I'm not doing music; as a perk of this job, I get the only private room in the hostel. (Except the one the owner stays in when he stays here, which is often.) So I can be nude when in my apartment, but have to be clothed otherwise, except for my few chances to be nude with nude friends.

If I were to estimate, I'd put it at about 10-20%.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:29 pm

As to percentage nude time, AT this time of the year with garden work and many outdoor tasks, I may be 100% nude for several days at a time provided I do not count having my feet shod in some manner and/or a hat on outdoors. If you don't allow that I would say something like 70%. But if you count the times I am not at home the 100% drops to between 90 & 95% In the winter months I would be lucky to have a run of days hitting 50%, but even then I might hit 70% over several days, but that would be only occasionally. If I put a single nuimber to it for a whole year I suppose I could justify an estimate of 75% or a smidgen more.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:37 pm

This year has not been typical, and next year will be differently different. An approximation to this year's pattern.

Mid heating season: Social nude time 0%, Outdoor nude time 0%, Indoor nude time [with upper body covering ranging from a light open sweater to midweight belted robe 33%.

Warm season : Social nude time 0%, Outdoor nude time 10%, Indoor nude time 20%,

All figures approximate, the transition from midseason cold to midseason hot is a fairly smooth curve.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:29 am

I have to place my nude time indoors at perhaps 25%, primarily while sleeping and mornings before dressing for work or other activities. Outdoors it's been may 1-2% so far. I haven't attended any social nude events so far this season though there've been about five so far.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism