Dating Naked - the TV show

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Dating Naked - the TV show

Postby gregpc » Fri Jul 08, 2016 5:05 pm

I would like to remind everyone of a few important points about this topic...

First, we are talking about "the world," not Christians, and so naturally, it is not necessarily going to esteem Christian values.

Second, we are talking about non-nudists, not nudists/naturists, and so naturally, it is not necessarily going to esteem nudist/naturists values.

Third, we are talking about televisions, not real life, and naturally, it is not necessarily going to esteem daily life values.

On all points, it might rather sensationalize, titillate and sexualize -- whatever will get the show attention and ratings. The shows goal is to be seen and not necessarily to promote anything healthy or truly valuable. Interestingly enough, as I said, it inevitably does promote what nudist promote in that social nudity creates an atmosphere of openness, honesty, trust, etc. The fact that my own wife, who is deadset against nudism, would consider "getting naked" and suggest it to our sons shows the positive effect it had on her.
If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another...(1 John 1:7).
gregpc
Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:25 pm

So maybe with no good intentions whatsoever on the part of the show's creators, the natural dynamics of undressed people mingling, talking, working, playing, many of them discover something very much like naturism.
To the extent that we live like God intended, it can improve our lives.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby gregpc » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Ramblinman wrote:So maybe with no good intentions whatsoever on the part of the show's creators, the natural dynamics of undressed people mingling, talking, working, playing, many of them discover something very much like naturism.
To the extent that we live like God intended, it can improve our lives.

Yes, my point exactly. Despite the intent to use nudity for their own ends, they can't steal it's inherent quality of disarming those who engage it.
If we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another...(1 John 1:7).
gregpc
Resident

Previous

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism