What Should a Naturist Call "Those Parts" Anyway

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What Should a Naturist Call "Those Parts" Anyway

Postby Maverick » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:45 pm

NIV, ESV: private parts
NLT: testicles (of the other man--that's a significant note!)
NASB, HCSB: genitals
KJV: the "secrets" (and I wonder how many young KJV readers gawked at that phrase!)
More: http://biblehub.com/deuteronomy/25-11.htm

I was going to ask which man's genitals were being grabbed, but I tend to think it's referring to the other man's. And, I hope this isn't too crude for this forum, can I just say I think it takes a lot of cojones for a woman to walk up and grab another man's? :lol: :roll:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:13 pm

Whatever the Bible calls them, that's what they are. 8) Naturists should just call them what they are, too: penis, vagina, breasts, testicles, etc. In men's circles, guys can be a little less subtle and call them cojones, jewels, etc. But nothing crude, although I don't hesitate to use balls with just the guys. But I never call a woman's genitalia (or monthly condition) anything slang, even if clean slang. It is what it is.

The Bible in various interpretations also uses the words foreskin, breasts, and semen, among other terms. As a naturist, of sorts, and Christian gentlemen, I'll use proper terms like these and those I listed. In fact, A man doesn't even need to be a naturist or a Christian, just a gentleman.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:04 pm

So far as I have seen pretty much every lingo has an ensemble of unspeakables, taboos, euphemisms and hlonipha terms. Exactly what varies from lingo to lingo and generation to generation.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:57 pm

I've done some creative writing using a rather Shakespearean idiom (the setting is analogous to Europe in the 11th century A.D.). I've had occasion to refer to these parts, and I find myself using "manhood" and "womanhood." And why not? 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby naturaldon » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:42 am

Jochanaan, I like "manhood, and "womanhood." I have to admit though, I also call my manhood my boys (I guess you can figure out the pair to which I refer 'down there'); and I suppose a woman has only a girl down there??? But I do like manhood and womanhood better, especially since I'm way past puberty.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:02 pm

naturaldon wrote:.... I suppose a woman has only a girl down there??? .....,
Well I have known of some women who refer to the "Little man in the boat" but I understand that just refers to the clitoris based on its appearance which was explained as the clitoris represents a "little man" sitting in a "boat" which is formed by the inner labia (labia minora).
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Again, catching up and responding to an OLD post...

1 Cor 12:21-26 wrote:21 The eye cannot say to the hand, “I don’t need you!” And the head cannot say to the feet, “I don’t need you!” 22 On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23 and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24 while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has put the body together, giving greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25 so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26 If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

I read a commentary about the word "unpresentable" which alluded to the notion that it referred to those parts which are "internal" and therefore CANNOT be seen. They include EXTREMELY IMPORTANT parts which the body cannot survive without, such as the heart, lungs, liver, speen, intestines, brain etc., making them MORE valuable and "honorable" than those external parts, such as a hand, a foot, an arm or leg. As such, the verse has nothing to do with "private parts", such as genitals.

I also agree with the notion that if something is labelled "private", it does not mean that it cannot or should not be "seen", but that it should not be trespassed or trampled upon.

As "Christians" and particularly "Christian-naturists", we SHOULD value ALL human bodies, regardless of state of dress, realizing that they are ALL made in the "Image and Likeness of God", for His pleasure and glory, not our own. We SHOULD be able to see someones "private parts", whether they be genitals, buttocks, lips or eyes, and understand that if they are not married to us, they belong to someone else, first of all God Himself. As such, they are not for us to touch or "trespass" upon.

Also, we should refer to ALL parts of the human body with the respect and honor due to something that has been created by God in "His own Image and Likeness".

I do not have a problem referring to other's genitals as their "privates" or "private parts". But I REFUSE to refer to them in any slang term, and especially as "junk", because MY God don't make no "junk". All that He creates is "VERY GOOD".
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:41 pm

If one chooses to use or feels the need for a euphemism, then I think that "wobbly bits" is the least offensive to all concerned for the genitals and the parts more or less referred to as private parts are usually characterized as being softer tissue that tends to wobble a bit except maybe when aroused. Private parts implies that they must be covered and Naughty bits suggests something sinful about even having them. and I reject both of those terms. But I prefer the more explicit terms so as not to be so vague as being misleading.

In this discussion I am reminded of the story of Dr. Tom Dooley, a "medical missionary" working in Southeast Asia who set up a clinic and staffed it with local women. While he had some sort of training in the local language it had not included anatomical terms so he was dependent on the local women he had hired to train as nurses for the correct anatomical terms. Alas after having established his practice, he found out that those women knew only the crude slang terms for the sexual and eliminative organs. Just imagine how you might react if you went to the doctor and he used such English slang terms in providing medical care and instruction to you. :roll: .
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:48 am

I am not clear on when and how "junk" came in. It was conspicuously present at a family gathering on the weekend - one cousin prides herself on being outspoken and a brother in law delights in oing along with it. I do not care for it myself.

As foe "wobbly bits" - have a care. Thighs and dewlaps and other pendulous tissuers may wobble as much or more. Of course, the owner of wobbly thighs may wish those parts could be kept private.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:36 pm

How about just calling them genitals? Or the "genital area"?

As for breasts, well, breasts are breasts. I don't use the word "boob." I think it sounds stupid and immature. :lol: Plus, we don't call it "boob cancer," do we?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:22 pm

What is the collective opinion of this group for the terms "Manly bits" and "Womanly bits"?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:23 am

I agree with Maverick on the terms genitals or genitalia and breasts. Also, penis and vulva work just fine as well.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:45 am

New_Adventurer wrote:What is the collective opinion of this group for the terms "Manly bits" and "Womanly bits"?

I do not know about the "collective" but, in my mind, "bits" seems to imply something "tiny" and/or "insignificant". Also, while a man might have "bits" (testicles and penis) which appear somewhat separate albeit attached to the body, a woman's genitals (I do not consider breasts to be "genitals") are completely integral to her body.

Just my not-so-humble opinion. :D
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Maverick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:27 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:I agree with Maverick on the terms genitals or genitalia and breasts. Also, penis and vulva work just fine as well.

Jim

:like: Yes, people treat penis like it's a forbidden word but throw around all kinds of slang, often crude slang, instead. I don't get it. Right on about vulva too!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:09 am

That which we call a rose....

But certain items and actions and relationships in all cultures / languages gang aft agley with temporary and often confusing nomenclature.
Petros
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism