Top 10 Skinny Dipping-Inspired Quotes

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Top 10 Skinny Dipping-Inspired Quotes

Postby Maverick » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:01 am

I stumbled across this short article and thought it would be good to share: https://globetheatreregina.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/top-10-skinny-dipping-inspired-quotes/

And the top 10 quotes are...

10. “I grew up walking around naked in my house. My mom was like that, and my sisters.” — Jennifer Lopez

9. “There’s something therapeutic about nudity. Clothing is one of the external things about a character. Take away the Gucci or Levis and we’re all the same.” — Kevin Bacon

8. “Why would you wear a bathing suit? Does it keep you dry? Does it keep you warm? It’s no kind of protection from sand. I can look at anyone and know what they look like under their clothes.” — Stephane Duschenes, President of the Federation of Canadian Naturists

7. “The best dress for walking is nakedness.” — Colin Fletcher

6. “The truest you can be is taking off those clothes.” — Dacher Keltner, professor of psychology, University of California (Berkeley)

5. “What spirit is so empty and blind that it cannot grasp the fact that a human foot is more noble than the shoe and the human skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed.” — Michelangelo

4. “Modesty died when clothes were born.” — Mark Twain

3. “If people were meant to be nude, they would have been born this way.” — Oscar Wilde

2. “The difference between nudists and clothed people is that nudists don’t mind if you are wearing clothes.” — Anonymous

1. “Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?” — Jesus Christ
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Re: Top 10 Skinny Dipping-Inspired Quotes

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:05 pm

Great quotes to live by.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby MountainDog » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 pm

Maverick wrote:8. “Why would you wear a bathing suit? Does it keep you dry? Does it keep you warm? It’s no kind of protection from sand. I can look at anyone and know what they look like under their clothes.” — Stephane Duschenes, President of the Federation of Canadian Naturists

I think many think there is something different about them that no else has ever seen before. I would suspect that out of billions on this earth, everyone has many people that pretty much look exactly like them.
MountainDog
Permanent Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:26 pm

MountainDog wrote:
Maverick wrote:8. “Why would you wear a bathing suit? Does it keep you dry? Does it keep you warm? It’s no kind of protection from sand. I can look at anyone and know what they look like under their clothes.” — Stephane Duschenes, President of the Federation of Canadian Naturists

I think many think there is something different about them that no else has ever seen before. I would suspect that out of billions on this earth, everyone has many people that pretty much look exactly like them.
That's true; yet I sense rather that many others think there is something inherently wrong or lacking with the unadorned, unclad human body. As if God did not make them, along with all that He made, "very good"! :roll:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby c.o. » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:09 pm

jochanaan wrote:
MountainDog wrote:

That's true; yet I sense rather that many others think there is something inherently wrong or lacking with the unadorned, unclad human body. As if God did not make them, along with all that He made, "very good"! :roll:

Excellent point. But i wonder, too, if some of it is related to mankind's innate understanding that he is fallen from the "very good"ness with which he was created. This is not to argue against a biblical understanding of naturism and all of its benefits, but being made in God's image, then seeing how far our bodies and our souls have declined from it, carries a natural sense of shame to some extent. I am not what i could be! :oops: :cry: which is no reason not to be what i am :-).
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:00 pm

MountainDog wrote:I think many think there is something different about them that no else has ever seen before. I would suspect that out of billions on this earth, everyone has many people that pretty much look exactly like them.

I imagine that's true for many, especially if they've never seen what other people have "under there" or "down there." And, of course, our hyper-sexualized society makes this a bigger problem for some. ("Is my [fill in the blank] normal?" What is "normal" defined as?) If everyone just dropped their drawers there would probably be many big sighs of relief!

jochanaan wrote:That's true; yet I sense rather that many others think there is something inherently wrong or lacking with the unadorned, unclad human body. As if God did not make them, along with all that He made, "very good"! :roll:

c.o. wrote:Excellent point. But i wonder, too, if some of it is related to mankind's innate understanding that he is fallen from the "very good"ness with which he was created. This is not to argue against a biblical understanding of naturism and all of its benefits, but being made in God's image, then seeing how far our bodies and our souls have declined from it, carries a natural sense of shame to some extent. I am not what i could be! :oops: :cry: which is no reason not to be what i am :-).

Yes indeed, the shame of Eden endures. I have shared the doctrine of the Imago Dei and its implications with Christian friends only to be met with their apprehensiveness--as if what I was saying were heretical. As Jack Nicholson said, "You can't handle the truth!"
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:13 am

"Gettin ready to join our first grandparents."

"We'd be right at home with Adam and Eve and Isaiah."

Might be a couple comments while skinny dippin.

Two reasons seem to surface for feelings against nude life. People are afraid of free lust, (which is slavery to sin) with it's unpleasant results, including men making sexualized comments about women, making women feel like hiding. And insecurity, feeling I don't look good enough, a false sense of perfection.

Throw sin and lust out of the picture and the first reason vanishes. (Although it can't vanish entirely until no sin is left in the world)

Gain a sense of God's love and insecurities vanish.

Leaving absolutely no reason for anti nude feelings. But those feelings will persist. For no other reason than society conditioning and tradition. Most people operate by what they feel like more than pure logic and common sense.

For a person who's been trained in anti nude feelings and sentiments, it can take anything from just a slight introduction, to serious and complete re-education. Coupled with sufficient reason in either logic or feeling to make effort to change from anti nude to pro nude.

I find in my own experience a mixture of anti nude and pro nude depending on the situation. Alone in the woods it was pro nude. Anyone else around it was anti nude. (that having been an early entry into the empty child brain as it is rapidly programmed with everything that comes along or happens) But the feelings of nude being connected with sin was there. Until new information challenged my thought process and proved it to be somewhat in error. Not really new information but just noticing what is there and analyzing what it meant. Then having recognized the error I take steps to reprogram the computer, (my brain) which can take much time and determination to do when it's an early entry. Later entries from later in life are much easier to modify.

But some incentive is needed to make the effort to change. I found sufficient incentive in God's Word, coupled with common sense and logic. Added to the already present enjoyment of nude in the wilds on occasion. But I tend to put reason ahead of feeling. Many people, especially women, run by feeling and reason has little input. You can reason with them with all the logic in the world and if they don't feel like it they won't be convinced.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:21 pm

I for one was able to re-educate myself. But I had already been acquainted with simple, non-erotic nudity through the arts and National Geographic and other sources; and I was already conditioned to check everything I thought I knew against what the Bible actually says; so it was not hard for me to discard the traditional assumptions about human nakedness.

The trouble we face, in many cases, reduces down to very early shame-based conditioning. "That's disgusting!" "Good boys/girls don't go nude!" "What will others think?" And worst of all, at least for women: "If you wear that, guys will lust after you and you will get raped!" :roll: It takes a strong, honest character to examine these early conditionings in depth and realize that, far from training in godliness, they have created a mindset that is explicitly un-Godly and fearful, and that God wants us to live free from fear and shame, including any shame imposed on our own naked bodies.

And that is why quotes like these, as beautiful as they are, read and sound like licentiousness to many Christians who haven't yet discovered the beauty and freedom in simple nudity.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Maverick » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:06 pm

jochanaan wrote:And that is why quotes like these, as beautiful as they are, read and sound like licentiousness to many Christians who haven't yet discovered the beauty and freedom in simple nudity.

Amen to that. And in a way that's what Michelangelo's quote addresses:

“What spirit is so empty and blind that it cannot grasp the fact that a human foot is more noble than the shoe and the human skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed.”

Ain't that the truth.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Maverick wrote:I stumbled across this short article and thought it would be good to share: https://globetheatreregina.wordpress.com/2013/02/01/top-10-skinny-dipping-inspired-quotes/

And the top 10 quotes are...

10. “I grew up walking around naked in my house. My mom was like that, and my sisters.” — Jennifer Lopez

9. “There’s something therapeutic about nudity. Clothing is one of the external things about a character. Take away the Gucci or Levis and we’re all the same.” — Kevin Bacon

8. “Why would you wear a bathing suit? Does it keep you dry? Does it keep you warm? It’s no kind of protection from sand. I can look at anyone and know what they look like under their clothes.” — Stephane Duschenes, President of the Federation of Canadian Naturists

7. “The best dress for walking is nakedness.” — Colin Fletcher

6. “The truest you can be is taking off those clothes.” — Dacher Keltner, professor of psychology, University of California (Berkeley)

5. “What spirit is so empty and blind that it cannot grasp the fact that a human foot is more noble than the shoe and the human skin more beautiful than the garment with which it is clothed.” — Michelangelo

4. “Modesty died when clothes were born.” — Mark Twain

3. “If people were meant to be nude, they would have been born this way.” — Oscar Wilde

2. “The difference between nudists and clothed people is that nudists don’t mind if you are wearing clothes.” — Anonymous

1. “Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?” — Jesus Christ

Excuse me for saying this, but only #8 is actually about "skinny-dipping". The other quotes relate to nudity in one fashion or another, but don't seem to have much to do with swimming, dipping or even water. :)
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:19 pm

I have heard it said by textiles, speaking of those that wear 'revealing clothes',
why do they dress like that, don't they know we all look the same.
I can agree with the argument. Only if we all look the same why do they have to cover it.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:31 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Excuse me for saying this, but only #8 is actually about "skinny-dipping". The other quotes relate to nudity in one fashion or another, but don't seem to have much to do with swimming, dipping or even water. :)

I noticed that myself and wondered the same thing, but nevertheless I thought the list share-worthy. :D
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism