What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby natman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Englishman wrote:Nat, that is a truly dreadful pun; worthy of an Englishman, congratulations. How wrong can one be, I was always told Americans didn't get or do irony!

Just to stay on topic, I'm naturally responding to your grin inducing comment! :)

I probably got it from watch years and years of Monty Python's Flying Circus... nudge, nudge, know what I mean, nudge, nudge?? :mrgreen:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:50 pm

When one sets their pace by the needs of nature one must pay attention to the timing and opportunities nature imposes. As you may have noted in my last post, I was taking opportunity of the conditions to choose to cultivate and pick rocks before the new growth set in in the patch of ground I had cultivated and cleared of rocks. The site was now ready for the next step and so it was that the ground was wet and the weather a bit cool (40F or 7C) and the ground needed to be seeded with a preferred growth instead of the coarse and tall weeds and grasses.

I have discovered a very satisfactory grass which I would reccomend to you if it is suitable to the climate where you live. The grass is known as "Falcon IV Turf Fescue". It is a little coarser than most people choose for their lawn, though it could serve for that and it has the lovely characteristics of being sturdy, easy to grow, good for stopping erosion and only grows to a height of about 7 inches. Its toughness is attested to by its common use on athletic fields. I could imagine its use as an outer lawn surrounding the finer lawn grasses, surrounding the dwelling. It is often recommended for athletic fields where there is a desire for a hardy grass that will need little attention such as mowing. Fortunately I had sufficient seed for the patch I have been tampering with, but it sort of needed to be seeded now.

I have noted the coolness of the weather but the breeze was also very near zero and I decided to go for it as the ground is very wet and more rain likely, light, but persistant.

Now of course the question arose as to whether if this would be a nude or textile activity, The weather was a bit on the cool side but I decided to do the work with vigor to compensate for the temperature. Now as I said, it has been raining and also I had first sub-soil plowed the ground and then tilled it. As mentioned the subsoil plow does not turn the soil over but the chisel runs 18 to 24 inches deep, and that allows the tiller with 8 inche length tines to run to a depth of 12 inches. And then it had rained. In that broken state the soil takes up rain water like the proverbial spong and it quickly goes in deep.

The clay is slippery and if I fell down I would thoroughly "soil" the clothing and even if I did not fall the foot gear would be loaded with mud. So of course being an avid naturist I opted for the obvious course of action. And being an avid photographer/photo-editor, I took the other obvious choice too.
Seed_Sowing.JPG
Click image for larger clearer image

Frame 1 shows me slogging through the ooze. I am sinking in pretty good, but not near so much as when I happened to place my foot on one of the subsoiler furrows and aligned with the direction of the furrow so my foot would go in. Remember those furrows run 18 to 24 inches (46-61 cm) deep and retain much of thatdepth even when flooded. In frame 2 The mud line is well above the ankle and onto the lower shin. Much of the plow depth remained but fortunately the sides of the furrow were greatly softened by the water and presented no real hazard of injury.

If an observer wonders what I am doing with my hands, I am carrying a 3 pound (1.36 kg) coffee can of grass seed and a small scoop and sowing the seed across the mud and water. Looking at frames 3 and 4 closely one can discern the amount of seed I sowed . As there was no wind to push the seed all to one side of the puddle there seed could saturate and sink to the bottom of the puddles without getting concentrated. Those two frames also illustrate that I have planted a weeping willow near the low point of this patch of ground. Weeping willows are water loving trees and "heavy water feeders" so accumulations of water at this low point should not bother the tree at all and also should help the location to dry up sooner.

The established grass growth to the viewer's right in frame 4 is actually the very outer perimiter of the berm around the sewage lagoon. The clay soils of this region do not percolate water very well at all, and the lagoon should not normally have any trees near it to prevent wind across the lagoon because that is how such a system gets rid of excess water, but I am expecting a single moderate size tree will not be a problem and the heavy water feeding nature of a weeping willow should compensate for the loss of direct evaporation by taking up soil water and evaporating it from its leaves. While a weeping willow can help a persistant wet spot in a lawn to dry more quickly, woe be unto the person who plants such a tree in a wet spot that exists because of a sewage drain field. These willows are famos for their powerful and extensive root system that can stabilize the banks of a swiftly flowing stream or river or even earthen banks. Proper or improper siting can make this tree heaven sent, or from the other place instead.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:36 pm

Wow from real cold to real hot! Doing lots of gardening naked, playing with the dog and spending the majority of the day and night that way. A 7 foot tall overlapping board fence and neighbors that work make it very safe. :D
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:36 am

I was able to spend the majority of Good Friday "natural" (except when we went to the hardware store and nursery), rebuilding the deck around our spa and doing general yard and garden maintenance. It was a beautiful day and a wonderful way to celebrate the most important day in history, the day the sins of the world were paid.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Maverick » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:49 pm

This afternoon, I've been the only one at home, so I spent it out in the garage working on a guitar project without a stitch. I figured out how to electronically "block" the garage door opener from remote signals, so just in case someone came home early they couldn't raise the garage door from outside and see me butt naked at the workbench. :lol:
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Maverick wrote: in case someone came home early they couldn't raise the garage door from outside and see me butt naked at the workbench. :lol:

"Oh hi...was just going to jump in the shower..." LOL - it's fun to work on projects in the garage naked as the world just outside drives by :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:06 pm

Maverick wrote:so just in case someone came home early they couldn't raise the garage door from outside and see me butt naked at the workbench. :lol:

What if you're really getting down on the guitar (you know, just taking it for a spin) and you don't hear anyone pull up... and they look in the window only to see Mr. Maverick gettin' down with a tune, butt naked? Hmmm?
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:16 pm

webmeister wrote:
Maverick wrote: in case someone came home early they couldn't raise the garage door from outside and see me butt naked at the workbench. :lol:

"Oh hi...was just going to jump in the shower..." LOL - it's fun to work on projects in the garage naked as the world just outside drives by :)

Sure is! I'm hoping and praying that I can do it more often!

naturaldon wrote:
Maverick wrote:so just in case someone came home early they couldn't raise the garage door from outside and see me butt naked at the workbench. :lol:

What if you're really getting down on the guitar (you know, just taking it for a spin) and you don't hear anyone pull up... and they look in the window only to see Mr. Maverick gettin' down with a tune, butt naked? Hmmm?

I'd smile and keep right on playin'. :mrgreen:

If they asked, I'd explain I was testing the guitar body's contours against my own body in the best way I knew how--nude!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:36 pm

Maverick wrote:I'd smile and keep right on playin'. :mrgreen:

:like:
-Don
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:54 pm

Maverick wrote:This afternoon, I've been the only one at home, so I spent it out in the garage working on a guitar project without a stitch. I figured out how to electronically "block" the garage door opener from remote signals, so just in case someone came home early they couldn't raise the garage door from outside and see me butt naked at the workbench. :lol:

We have a convenient light switch on the wall that we use to shut off our garage door if we do not want the door inadvertently opened. We also have proximity detectors that transmit to alarm sensors if someone walks up to the house. (We put one in initially when our doorbell quit working. $11.99 at Harbor Freight.).

Of course, now that we are "officially" empty-nesters, it is much less of an issue.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby webmeister » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Been wanting to check out Wildcat Creek Trail and finally did. Figured being a dead end trail it was pretty safe to walk it naked if I got there early enough...I did today :lol:
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:13 pm

Webmeister, please send some of your weather my way! We're supposed to have a record killing freeze tonight. :argh:
-Don
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:11 am

:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: hunker down!!! I will send it next week - we are to get 2.5 inches rain this Saturday LOL
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:40 pm

Yes, ARGH! It was 18 last night but shootin' up to the 60's Thursday. Then back to cold again Friday. The roller coaster will soon be over, methinks, mehopes.
-Don
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:14 pm

I was curious where Wildcat Creek is and then I noticed webmeister is in Northern California, same as me. Google Maps shows it on the north end of Richmond, sharing a border with the Chevron oil refinery, and appearing to be mostly a concrete channel for its northern half. Having driven near there on Interstate 580 and looking at it on Google Maps I had a hard time understanding why anyone would want to go walking in that area. It looks rather desolate and uninviting to me. The southern half looks a lot better, more like other East Bay parks. I have stopped at Cull Canyon Regional Recreational Area on my way to the Sequoians, but that is not my idea of a destination recreation area.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism