What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby webmeister » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:06 pm

On the road...while in Mesa Verde National Park got to run Knife Edge Trail naked. Nice early morning run... :)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:17 pm

So, the wife and I and five other guys from church went on a mission trip to Africa week before last. We were working on a construction project for some missionary friends of ours.

There wasn't much opportunity to do anything "naturally" apart from a couple of "bucket baths" as we were surrounded by many local women and children, and though we did see some people bathing in a creek bed along the side of the road, the country we were in is fairly "prudish" in practice.

However, although I had spent the entire week climbing up and down ladders, working over my head and bent over, it wasn't until after we had been home for three days that my back decided to argue with me... make that "scream at me!!!". Somehow, in the comfort of my own home, without doing anything EXTREME that I can recall, I caused a disk to bulge in my lower back, pinching enough nerves that I could barely walk and even the tiniest movement resulted in a loud grunt or scream. I went to the doctor, who can normally to a manipulation and have me back and running within a day, but who said he could not do so this time without an x-ray and then an MRI. As it is, I am having to wait a week before the MRI and another week before I can get an injection to reduce the inflammation.

So, for the last week, I have been home, resting and barely moving, and I mean "barely" moving. I have been drinking lots of water and other fluids which makes me make several visits to the restroom per day. It is painful just to get there, but far more so to have to bend over to lift the seat or pull pants down or up, so I remained nude 99.9% of the time. Apart from the pain, it was a very nice week. As a bonus, I found that the pain would subside some if I laid in the sun for about 20-minutes at a time on my belly.

NOT the way I would prefer to do things "naturally", but very glad that we live in a house and that I have a wife which allows me the option.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby naturaldon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:31 pm

When you said "barely moving," I kinda figured it had a dual meaning. Hope you get to feeling better and that the Great Physician ultimately prevails.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 am

Natman, let me add my wishes along with Naturaldon's for hoping you will soon feel better.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:45 am

Check out this article. Maybe you need to try this therapy, I did and feel great. https://healthimpactnews.com/2018/dr-ro ... my-career/

Jerry Slege
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:03 am

Just another routine task but doing it nude was advantageous. ........
As some point I will probably just have all the windows in the house replaced but until then I have to keep what I have in working condition. A second window has had the corner of the lower sash deteriorate into wood crumbs. Rot get into the wood, bacteria do their thing and then maybe insects move in maybe not. this time some variety of tiny ants decided this was a nice playground. But they were just taking advantage of the situation and were not apparantly causitive. Nudity played a part as the weather has turned hot and muggy. and the slight breeze wafting in the window feel like the breath of a blast furnance. Hence working sans clothing was a blessing. The fact that the window was on the west side of the house where there is no shade and the work was done in the afternoon and the sun was little restrained by the very thin overcast made Nudity all the more advantage.

The task was basically one of removing the sash. scraping away the rotted wood (about 50 % of everything within 4 inches of the corner of the sash. Inserting tiny brads into the remaining reasonably sound wood, to improve the security of the replacement filler, and then affixing some thin slats to make a form to retain the filler material in the proper shape. The filler used was Bondo which hardens so fast that it has to be applied in small layers because there is not time enough for a large batch.

Working nude helped with the temperature and humidity issues, however it did impose some extra precautions as one would not want to get freshly catalyzed Bondo on tender skin and the use of acetone for cleanup of the soft mixture requires care for the same reasons. But with a modicume of care nude is satisfactory for suchwork in hot weather. material was molded and then shaved with a very sharp chisel while still not full hard, and then sanded. The brads driven into the wood provide a mechanical grip for the bondo as an auxilliary to the chemical bond that the bondo develops, and a few pieces of stiff wire bent into L shapes were also embedded much like re-bar in concrete as the repair was at a corner.

Because of the extremely rapid setting of the bondo material the repair of the sash was accomplished in about an hour, and the removal and reinstallation accounted for about another 45 minutes to an hour each for removal and then reinstallation. Hopefully painting can be done tomorrow, and the repair should last more than long enough to schedule a complete window replacement with modern windows can be done all at once.

It was just another task carried out because.
-- I could !
AND
-- Most everything is better and more fun done nude. :D

Those are the two strongest reasons I post so many of these mundane tasks in this strip. Such postings show how little we really need clothes! It is part of establishing a proper naturist outlook and lifestyle. :wink:
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:06 am

So having breakfast nude outdoors on the deck in spring and summer weather is not particularly unusual but this time I was so impressed by the beauty that I thought to take a couple of pictures and try to share in word and image this blessing.

What impressed me most is the scene i was greeted by as I carried the breakfast tray out on the deck.
Sun_Under_Overcast_on+Trees.JPG
Left Click for higher resolution

It was the lighting that enhanced the scene. It was a little earlier than usual for breakfast, and it was overcast. Because the sun was so low on the dawn horizon. The sunlight was coming in under the overcast and it illuminated the top of the oak forest beyond the pond. In the subdued light under the overcast, the light of the dawn slipping under the overcast and hitting the tops of the trees gave a brilliant glow to the tree tops. I had just brough out the breakfast tray and we were getting ready to sit down to eat. I would rather have set up the camera on the tripod and had it take pictures while we breakfasted but my wife is a bit camera shy and not always eager for me to exercise my photography hobby if she is in the picture.

Chocolate_Pie+Bacon+Coffee.JPG
Left Click for higher resolution

The above image of breakfast is a little bit special. My wife is an excellent cook and pastry chef, and every sabbath evening she goes to extra effort with the meal, and that always includes a special desert. Of course, as there are only two of us, that means that there will be several meals before the desert is consumed and as good as her pastries are, I am hard pressed to resist consuming the special treat until it is all gone. To help resist calorie overload, I have a policy of consuming the desert as part of breakfast the next few days so that I do not keep consuming it as an addition to regular meals and that means I have pastry as part of rather than an addition to breakfast. So this morning I had Coffee, Turkey Bacon, and Chocolate Pie for breakfast. :D . My wife, not being all that interested in breakfast just shares just Coffee with me as she prefers to browse a bit later in the morning. But it is the time we share in a beautiful setting as we start each day off. She is very supportive of my practice of naturism though she does share in the activity herself. But each morning we share breakfast as we start the day and always on the deck, weather permitting...... and weather not permitting, when we remodled we expanded the porch and enclosed it with lots of windows and we breakfast there. But the view overlooking the garden the fields, the lawn, the woods and the pond while sitting nude on the deck is breakfast at its best in my opinion.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:11 am

I got about 40 minutes of time lying in the sun yesterday. It was hot but the slight, intermittent breezes made it feel mostly comfortable. It was late morning and the temperature was already in the high 90s so it was already pretty intense.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:36 am

Just drove through Nevada yesterday and I agree the sun was blazin'. Glad you had got natural time in:)
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:30 am

Now lets see, ...........

Of late I have been going out each morning before even breakfast and watering the 9 willows I have planted, giving each a half gallon of water in the mornings. The ones out by the road I go to with shorts on as I have some neighbors who would object if I walked beside the road, starkers to where I have planted them, but in that case I go shirtless and that suffics for some of my neighbors to call me naked :shock: . (Where do they get the idea that a shirtless man wearing shorts is "naked"? :? ). But, I do wear the shorts in the spirit of trying not to offend my neighbors. In any case the willows have been showing their appreciation by growing at an astounding rate in response to just a half gallon per day.

After watering my 9 willow trees in the yard and the 4 down the road at the culvert. Then I shed my shorts and proceed to the garden where I use a hose to water a larger willow and the garden each day that we do not have heavy rain. It is so much easier to hose mud off of bare feet than to try to clean up shoes and then get them dried off.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:11 pm

So this post is relevant to both
-- This strip about "Wwhat have you done naked lately"
and
-- The strip at "Landscaping for Naturism" because I have been landscaping for naturism lately, see at:http://www.cnvillage.org/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=6544&sid=09699cba25f6317c242151844f1bec6a
So what I have been doing lately is I have been watering my "willow project". Permit me to explain in text and pictures, (so that I won't have to use so many words).
If you look at the center of the top edge of frame 1, you will see the crux of the problem I am dealing with. That portion of the image almost glows, and what you are looking at is the brick mailbox across the road. and you can see it because you are looking through the gap in my 20 foot tall (6.1 meters) Bamboo grove/wall,
Willows_in_the_Yard.jpg
Left click for higher resolution

If you look at the center of the top edge of frame 1, you will see the crux of the problem I am dealing with. That portion of the image almost glows. and in the foreground you can see some of the willows I have planted. At the moment a passing car or pedestrian can look into my back yard on both sides of the house. The purpose of the willows (now on both the north and south sides of the house) will be to block that visual path. So what I have added to my daily routine to accelerate this process is to water the willows with a half gallon of water each morning. As the traffic is minimal and very audible on the gravel, and I am forewarned of its appearance and this is now part of my observance of the naturist lifestyle.
Frame 2 shows what a new plant looks like. Frame 3 shows what such a plant becomes with the current watering regimen carried out at a half gallon a day after just 3 weeks!
Frame 4 shows the same sort of tree after a year, but without the watering regimen. It appears that the watering regimen is important for those of us who are impatient for results.

But as this strip is about naturist activities one is currently engaged in of late, I offer the following:
Watering_Done.JPG

Frame 5 shows me coming out with my water jug to administer the daily ration to the plants (1/2 gallon of water per plant).
and Frame 6 shows me putting some shorts on. If you wish to question why putting on shorts belong in this story of naturist activity, the answer is that a bare chested adult male is about all my textile neighbors seem to be able to deal with comfortably. And I have another 4 willows to deal with. I have about an 1/8 mile round trip alongside the road to compleat in order to tend those willows. It seems that the county replaced the culvert under the road at a low spot, but not with the appropriate expertise from what I can tell. The low end of the culvert, on my side of the road, and the culvert runs level instead of having a slope. This results in the culvert partially plugging up with silt and during heavy rains or generally wet weather there develops a boggy spot on my side of the road. To deal with that I have planted 4 willows to take up the water and dry the spot out. (also the school bus may go past about this time :shock: ).

In frame 7 I am applying the ration of water to one of the willows. If you examine that image closely you will note I have 4, bamboo poles set, one at each willow, so in case the somewhat careless crew members of the right of way maintenance crew comes along they will not molest my willows. I have taken to mowing/maintaining this section because the power company's crew tends to just make a mess of things. Fortunately the power poles are placed on rathr high ground resulting in an abnormally high power wire which should avoid any wire-tree issues.

Frame 8 Shows a typical willow planting with a water retention zone to assure that I am not just watering everything in sight. I am rather pleased with the rapid progress that I this project is enjoying. I never expected that the growth would be so rapid. :D
Last edited by Bare_Truth on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:03 am

Fairly simple one from me. This is the hottest summer the UK has known for decades & what I doing? Using a wallpaper steamer to prepare some walls for the return of our builder on Monday. Are clothes an advantage in this context? I don't think I can print a big enough NO! :D
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:26 pm

I was able to get two full nude workouts in at home this week. Sweat feels a lot better when it's not making your clothes stick to your skin! Why buy moisture-wicking fabrics when you can just as easily strip off and let the body do its thing?
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:19 pm

For the first time in awhile I got outdoors under a mostly cloudy sky which was reasonably warm as opposed to brutally hot in direct sunlight and just enjoyed a sometimes gusty breeze on my fully nude body. It was “cool” enough I never even broke a sweat. This is monsoon season in the Mohave Desert and so we sometimes get thunderstorms which sweep through the area. So far, there’s been only one hard rain in my immediate neighborhood though some nearby downpours have swept through in other areas.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:13 pm

Broken_Tree-s.jpg
Left Click for better resolution

I have been as mentioned in previous posts here been tending to the landscaping around the place, and the weather has not at all times made that easy. Our rather geriatric peach tree had set a fairly dense crop this year (for some strange reason last year it set no fruit at all), but as it was loading up a respectable crop this year we had some high winds ant the tree was badly broken by the wind and weight of the fruit. The fact that some disease has put rot into all the heart wood did not help the matter. But as my previous posts have shown I have been going out every morning to water the weeping willow trees that I have added to my privacy screening strategy and since I was using the garden hose for part of that activity I undertook an amelioration project to try to salvage more of the peach crop.

As I was performing the arborculture activities early in the morning before breakfast It was an opportunity to get the day off to a good naturist start, and my ministrations toward the peach tree were to provide extensive watering to help it through its current distress. The main branches on either side still being connected by a strap of bark, I decided to see if heavy watering could help the crop on the right and left branches to come to fruition.

In the case of this next image (Alas I suppose that I am at risk of getting some comparisons to the "Proverbial Race Horse", but it was what the camera happened to capture as I was using the garden hose to water heavily on both sides of the tree).
Watering_Broken_Peach.JPG
The colors and lighting in the image are slightly off normal hue because the image was taken in the dawn's early light (even the power pole looks a bit pinkish).

This watering regimen for the peach tree has been going on for almost a month now and it seemes to be working in spite of the small size by which the fallen branches ar yet attached to the trunk. The tree seems to be getting enough water to the fruit on the fallen branches as elsewhere on the tree to keep the fruit growing and up to size. Time will tell unless the dog that has adopted us is not able to keep the Possum or Coon away that has in previous years stripped the tree in just a night or two.

In other landscaping activities, I am reasonably pleased with the performance of my new "King Kutter Tractor-mounted Rotary Mower.
Normally these implements are thought of as for Brush cutting, however, at least this brand, with a little practice at selecting the correct hydraulic lift control handle and learning the degree of turn that can be made without gouging the sod, the mower can do a credible job of lawn mowing.
Mower_Effectiveness.jpg

For the most part achieving an acceptable mowed lawn appearance is easily achieved as can be seen looking at the area around the dogwood and around the willow I planted in the low spot below the garden. (In the latter case I put the willow there to hasten drying up the occasional flooding that occurs there as Weeping Willows are "heavy water feeders". The same implement maker (and many others) do make flail mowers or other finish mowers but here on the Ozark Plateau the geological limestone substrate and weather and soil continually push rocks up and out of the soil, which can easily break ordinary lawn mowers, and with this mower I have found one that I cannot easily or even inadvertantly/accidentally break. And it keeps the wife satisfied as to the lawn appearance. With a good string trimmer to take care of the small corners that it is hard to manouvre the tractor/cutter into I am not having to spend multiple hours and lots of buck$ putting the riding lawn mower back together. (MoNatureMan uses the same strategy with his slightly smaller model from the same company.)
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism