What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby RMOlson » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:00 pm

Bare-Truth,
I really appreciate your posting so regularly on this strip. I am envious of the access you have to me nude. I feel like my posting in this strip is a bit monotonous since I am a home naturist. I spend time on my back deck nude, train in my garage gym nude and sleep nude.
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:02 pm

RM, I'm even more restricted than yourself since I actually only sleep nude and sit at my computer, as I a am now, nude as I prepare to face the day. In summer I do try to find time to sunbathe nude in my backyard but it's pretty much the extent of my naked free time day to day.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Well it has been a little bit warmer as the weather lady on the evening news promised. Not all that much but I'll take what I can get. Now this may seem a bit complex so pay close attention so you get it right the first time you read through.

So we got full blue bright skys, but by noon time I was still inside. Finally my wife observed that I was gloomy and the sky was bright and suggested I should go for a walk to lighten my spirits. She then allowed as it was sunny but maybe the air was not warm enough for a naturist walk and I might have to wear clothes. A walk in the sunshine seemed a good idea but the requirement for clothing was a negative. So I went and checked my couple of thermometers

I was surprised that while it was not optimum there was enough degrees out there that maybe a nice nude walk was just the thing.
It seems that the degrees out there were 110 of them on the farenheight scale When I checked the shady thermometer there were about 48 of them on the Farenheit scale, and on the sunny thermometer where were 62 if them and 48 + 62 = 110 ! :D Of course some people insist on doing higher math and take the average by dividing by 2 which only yields 55, but can you really trust those Scientific/Mathematic types :?: so often they are just a bunch of spoil sports :( I did just a quick test while still textile and only picked up on another negative. We had a breeze blowing out of the north. But I decided that my first estimate was too negative because I was standing between the house and one of my bamboo groves and they were making sort of a venturi between the two of them, and that sunshine was just so bright :D, so I went back in the house, and stripped the textiles, and back out to the grassy field.

Fortunately the grassy field is open so as to maximize exposure to all those sunny degrees but being in the open I was getting a lot of those shady degrees being delivered from the woods to the north. It was not too bad as long as I picked up the pace and made for the gate in the cross fence to get into the woods. Once there I did not need to keep up the pace so much and could frequently pause on the south side of the occasional cedar tree. The greenery on the cedar is so dense that it greatly blocks the north breeze and being about noon the south side was getting direct sun so long as I was not stopping where the canopy was not particularly brushy. As I walked along at a slightly moderated pace it was more than enough. I say more than as I found that the amount of metabolic heat I was generating actually produced enough warmth to make my arm pits start to perspire slightly and give them a sticky feel, so I moderated it by slowing the pace to a slow walk instead of a slightly brisk one. All in all it was a nice walk and the supply of those sunny Fahrenheit degrees was enough.

For any metricfied readers that was:

16.66 Sunny degrees
8.88 Shady degrees
for a total of 25.54 Celcius degrees

:biggrin: How do you like my math :duh: :dizzy: :P
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:02 pm

Glad you enjoyed your nude walk Bare_Truth. Hopefully you'll find more opportunities to do so this month and, if not, you've met your goal of being nude outdoors at least every month of the year so far.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Sound like I fine walk with all those degrees to keep you company. :biggrin:
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:19 am

JimShedd112 wrote:Glad you enjoyed your nude walk Bare_Truth. Hopefully you'll find more opportunities to do so this month and, if not, you've met your goal of being nude outdoors at least every month of the year so far.

Jim

Actually meeting that goal for December is a slam dunk, January can be a little challenging and Februrary is likely to be the most rugged. It seems that the colder weather lags a bit behind lags a bit behind the astronomical definition of winter. The shortest day may be the soltice around December 21 but the cold winter weather has to wait for the coldest weather to arrive and that has to wait for the earth to cool off so there is a bit of a time lag. That appears to be the reason that December is easier than January-February.March is about when it starts getting nice and early spring gardening is generally a joy in March and there is even more nice weather in April.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Bright sunny sky - Temperature 64 F (17.8C) Breeze is faint..... God is in his Heaven, All's right with the world, (well; very locally anyway :wink: Internationally it could stand substantial improvement :!: )

It could hardly be any nicer for Dec 16 here on the Ozark Plateau of southwest-central Missouri. That is of course subject to improvement - if I could have other Naturist Christians camping here for a visit in such nice weather as we have presently, (Trailers might be preferable just now as tents might be a bit cool at night and one might care to go textile in some degree until breakfast was cooked on the camp stove and the coffee hot. :lol:

It was a bit "bracing" earlier especially before the day warmed up, but then what little breeze there was, dissapated and it would have been just fine had I been a little more active but then the breeze abated a bit and the temperature warmed a little and it became the absolutely georgious day that I have been out enjoying.

Note to MoNatureMan......
I am thinking you are goin to miss your 112 acres on the south slope of that mountain unless you can find a good, nearby, naturist venue down in Florida, so best wishes in that respect in your new venue. Keep posting on your progress as we think well on you for your previous hospitality. And don't forget that you have friends here should you be back up this way, And as you are going to the sunshine state keep your eyes open and your camera handy should you run across any really good ideas for do-it-yourself solar electric projects. If they are cheap enough I might put in a small one up by the woodland, with enough capacity for a griddle and a coffee pot and some night LED illumination.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:00 pm

Who cares what the thermometer shows? How does it feel? Sun, wind, and rain are frequently more significant than temperature.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:37 pm

Well said New_Adventurer. Bare_Truth proves it again and again.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:33 pm

MISSOURI NATURISM IN DECEMBER

If I keep this up I am going to make this sound like a Travelogue or a realestate advertisement for Rural Missouri as an ideal year-round venue for Naturists........
------------------------------
The sky is clear and sunny There is barely enough wind to make a bamboo leaf flutter (if that much). For the last hour the temperature has been between 54 and 74 F, (12,2 and 23,3 C), and I have been out strolling through both open field and forest...... Absolutely Starkers, (except for some canvas slip-on shoes, a wristwatch, glasses, and a baseball cap to shade my eyes from the bright sun and sky). This part of the ozark plateau seems to have struck a happy medium between too much cold in the winter and too much heat in the summer for a naturist retirement.

To be a bit more precise if one looks at the following map
Ozark_Plateau.jpg
The 3 sub-plateau components of the Ozark Plateau. Left click for larger image if needed

My location in the state of Mjissouri can be more closely approximated as being on the "whole of the Ozark Platau" near the eastern most penetration of the Springfield plateau component into the Salem Plateau component of the entire Ozark Plateau up in the state of Missouri (not that bit down in Arkansas).

I can't say as to why they define the whole Ozark plateau as 4 different plateau components. I suppose it is some Geological thing?
Last edited by Bare_Truth on Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:53 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:Who cares what the thermometer shows? How does it feel? Sun, wind, and rain are frequently more significant than temperature.

Indeed New Adventure I have found that there are a variety of things that all come together to determine what constitutes what weather conditions make for suitable naturist walking.

My neck is vulnerable to wind and my amount of body hair is actuall sufficient to to give at least a little extra tolerance to cool air or breeze velocity.

A big difference is made by my activity level

A combined one is accomplished by a high energy expenditure combined with getting my skin cool enough to shrink the capillaries My grassy open field is in between me and the bulk of my woodland trails so I often find that If I jog across the openness of the grassy field when the weather is cool my skin cools enough to shrink the capillaries while the jogging generates so much heat in my body core that after that I can walk around comfortably because I have raised my core temperature and shut down much of the heat loss via the skin capillaries.

After that, If Ienter the woods the brush and conifers mixed in among the leafless deciduous trees greatly breaks the breeze but the leafless canopy of the trees lets the sun reach me whichis why I actually have pictures of me walking through the snow with only foot gear to stop contact heat loss while the sun keeps me warm. An accompanying factor is how the trails cut through the brush guides the air flow along the trails and I have a few places where the air flow into some of the intersections so that the flow cancels out to almost zero and if the trees are just right there are places where I get the sun and zero wind at just that place and I can stop there and warm up after getting chilled at other locations or along the way to my "warming spots" Such "wind canceling" locations more frequently occur where 3 to 5 trails converge. and the steam in one's breath drifts randomly and gently instead of blowing away. But if the wind direction is unstable generally the locations where the wind nulls out may change frequently. However such air flow patterns are not all that important in weather we have had lately. What is really special is when one finds such a null wind space the sky is bright because the cloud cover is thin and it is snowing. and you can just stand there and watch it snow.

I sort of blush to say it but at my body weight I am a bit more "rounded out" that I would prefer but not really obese, but a spherical shape contains more mass for a given surface area and that helps with heat retention as maintaining core temperature is the key objective for comfort. Winter weather while keeping warm is a great way to experience naturism Going out in cold weather when it is calm and sunny is another comfortable yet exhillerating combination. But while I have a surprising comfort level in some rather low temperature conditions it is not always so. It is not the actual air temperature but the heat loss that makes or breaks the experience. And it is surprising how cold it can be and just be delightful. And if a wind comes up suddenly, just run for home but do watch your footing if the snow has covered the ground. They are calling for another storm systemto sweep in sometime tomorrow :( but it sounds like that will clear after about another 24 hours :D

What helps with Nudist Life here in the winter is the changes which occur at a moderate pace. Still I find February to be the Least naturist friendly but that is a short month followed by the glorious stretch of weather that makes up March in its latter parts and that combined with April is such wonderful garden planting time.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:30 am

Today was a beautiful nudist day (66 degrees, sunny, and almost no breeze) so I sunbathed totally nude with exception of my necklace and ring for about one hour early afternoon and enjoyed it immensely since it’s been FAR too long. I’m hoping I’ll get another opportunity before the weather turns too chilly soon, though I’m not sure exactly when.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:13 pm

Saturday December 22, and another lovely December Nude Day here on the Ozark Plateau of the "Show Me state" (and I am showing as much of me as possible........Albeit that since none of you are here and my landscaping has much in the way of visual barriers there is really nobody to see what is visible of me :lol: I just don't care to be swathed in textiles nor am I ashamed to be a bearer of the image of God.

It was one degree short of 70F when I went out in the sun and a goodly 64 in what passes for shade at this time of the year and during the hour I was out it only dropped about 4 degrees in the sun and about 10 in the shade. Although I mostly walked at a slow, ( maybe even ambling), pace. When I returned from my woods and fields enjoyment I still felt the necessity to use a damp wash cloth on the more sweat prone of my body. At one time about halfway through the walk I even caught a drop of sweat trickling down my upper arm.

If any of you think I am trying to make any of you jealous, I admit to the thought occasionally. Maybe it will inspire some of you to move down here.
-- Cost of living here is low.
-- We have a week or two when there mightbe a bit of snow that falls and then melts away
-- but most of the year fits in the range of "pleasant".
-- Mosquitos are generally not serious (but you will want some of the Lemon Eucalyptus repellant for the ticks if you are a woods wanderer like me).
-- We do have some hot days in the summer but not many of the kind that keep you cooped up for a month or more.
-- A lot of the rural places you can have your own pond if you just dig it (or sombody else did) and have enough contour to fill it.
-- A water submersion heat exchanger can give you an efficient heat and cool source for a heat pump.......
-- and then there is always fishing. (and if you stock it yours self there are no restrictions on seasons, limits, species, or methods.......
-- With lots of small towns and medium to large cities all degrees of the Rural - Urban spectrum can be met.
-- And I should mention that the hunting is pretty good too.

Now don't spread this arouind to your textile friends, this state should always be kept for those who understand our version of the special meaning of calling it the "SHOW ME STATE" ( :dislike: unlike Arkansas to the south who have the gall to claim the state motto "The Natural State" which is so unjustifiable for them :cry: .)

I could not have lucked into a more suitable location for retirement that is compatible with my outlook on so many facets. :biggrin:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:12 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:.

( :dislike: unlike Arkansas to the south who have the gall to claim the state motto "The Natural State" which is so unjustifiable for them :cry: .)

:roll: That's quite a contradiction isn't it?
naturist
Native Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:56 am

Normal times nude for me: sleep, train in my home gym, make breakfast, and a little sheet rock repair while others were gone. Then the bonus, it was just warm enough and sunny enough to enjoy about 45 minutes in the sun on my deck.
RMOlson
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism