What have you done "naturally" lately?

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: What have you done "naturally" lately?

Postby webmeister » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:09 pm

The weather has been so great I have been outside naked just about any time of the day. We finally got control of the garden and looking forward to the fruits of our labor. Planting the Beefsteak the wife bought...
Enjoy naturally...
DSCF0298.JPG
The Mighty Beefsteak Tomato
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:08 pm

Got the mower back together last night and when I went to mow the unfinished parts of the lawn had to charge the failing mower battery once again but got it up and running and mowed the unfinished parts, Textile mode for that for reasons previously stressed, but then switch to naturist mode as I had to get the the windrows raked into piles and then picked up before they could kill the grass, Hauled about 120 more gallons over to the place where I stock pile grass clippings for various uses.

After that the temperature rose to 102F (39C) But I got the raking and moving done, but was drenched in sweat by then, Got a towel and soap and hosed off with an outdoor shower. I used the hose that was still deployed to the new bamboo grove to water it some more before moving it to the garden and replenishing the water there. The weather has really been pushing the garden plants but with sun, heat, and breeze the garden needs daily watering right now. My cabbage heads are filling out nicely and I will have to see about making sauerkraut or other storage options as well as some freshly prepared cabbage dishes pretty soon.

The potatoes appear ready for harvest already But the Sweet potatoes which are a fall harvest crop are growing wildly as well as the Butternut squash. Of course all gardening is done naked. With all the sweating I would have to hide in the house where I have AC if I could not get shed of my clothes.

I have a very nice even tan now and no burns so far this year. I attribute that to getting plenty of nude time outdoors during the other months of the year besides summer. The winter months I only get a few days to a week or so each month but March and April are my highest burn risk months as the sun is getting up higher then and I have a lot of garden work to do at a time when my tan is weakest.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:45 am

I sometimes go for an early morning walk before breakfast, and a couple of days ago I did so. My pond has a peninsula that some of you may remember me commenting on. It was built to provide extra cover over a sink hole that had drained much of the pond. It was in response to a geologist's suggestion to place extra material over the repair to prevent a re-opening of the hole, but we built a peninsula rather than an Island so it could be easily accessed. I then added a "spur trail" from one of my existing woods trails to facilitate access. And on my early morning walk I had the opportunity to view a beautiful sunrise at the peninsula. This morning I repeated the visit but this time with a camera.

This first image shows the same sort of beautiful sunrise. Because of the trees across the dam, the sun was reduced to a golden glow seen through the trees so that its brightness did not obliterate the image. As part of the construction of the peninsula I have planted 4 weeping willow trees, which are water loving trees with an extensive root structure famous for stabilizing pond, lake and stream banks. The left view shows the peninsula when I arrived there and the right view is from the end looking back toward the shore showing the light of the sun illuminating into the spur trail just before I left.
Peninsula_Out_and_in.JPG
Looking out at the sunrise and looking back into the trail

I set the time lapse to take multiple images as the morning light was changing and took that time to inspect the condition of the willows. Of course that meant that I got caught in several photos, but it also verifies that this was a "naturist woods walk" in addition to checking up on the peninsula and willow growth and getting some photos.
Willows+me_on_Peninsula.JPG
Checking on the Willows and waiting for the changing light.

The top row is as I worked my way out and the bottom row as I worked my way back.

After getting an array of images of the peninsula, I continued on around the pond along the woodland trail and came out at the high end of my "Water Catchment Field"
Water_Catchment_Field.JPG
Catchment Field graded to drain excess water to pond

The long rays of the rising morning sun gave it a rather nice illumination and I snapped this shot. The field is above the pond and I modified it to drain excess water from rains more directly into the pond as a way to keep the pond more full and accelerate recovery of the water level in the pond after dry weather. I smoothed, graded, and seeded the field to drain without erosion or silt washing into the pond. The array of ridges slope downward at 1/4 inch per foot (1:48 slope) so that the water is delivered to the pond and if you have a really sharp eye you might detect a steeper grade of 1/2 inch per foot (1:24 grade) on the left side of each ridge to encourage the water to accumulate against the ridge so that it readily becomes deep enough to flow.

So as it worked out I had a nice "Before Breakfast", "Naturist Walk" around the pond that allowed me to catch some nice "Sunrise Photos", before returning to fix Coffee and breakfast for me and the wife to enjpy as we sat out on the deck overlooking the pond and the lawn and the field and woods and garden that God has blessed us with while we ate and talked at the start of our day.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:24 am

Nice. I hope the beavers don't find your pond. I've planted several willows near water, but beavers quickly consumed them.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:41 am

Jim wrote:Nice.

Thank you, I rather though so too. The sunrise across the pond, seen from the peninsula just seemed to make such a nice picture, that I wanted to share it, and the early morning walks help with the fact that I wake earlier than my wife and by taking a walk, I can let her sleep a bit longer before I start making breakfast. Fortunately the weather cooperated and gave me several such nice sunrises in a row, so i could get back out there with the camera and catch it when it came again. Photography is a bit of a hobby with me and posting or e-mailing with embedded photos is an opportunity to enhance that sort of fellowship. I was a bit reluctant at first to do photos sharing my naturist experiences, but in the context of this site and NC it gives me an opportunity to share the pleasure and the zeal I have for the naturist mode of living in the environment with which God has blessed us. I guess I rather identify rather closely with Genesis 2:15 "And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it." Naked gardening/landscaping does seem to strike a resonant chord with me. I guess God knew a great profession for his children... :fantastic:

Jim wrote:I hope the beavers don't find your pond. I've planted several willows near water, but beavers quickly consumed them.
I don't think we even have beavers around here. I think they prefer stream fed areas anyway. Ponds in this area are usually fed by "run-off" though a few may have some influx from a spring or "seep". The coldness and clarity of the lower layers of water in my pond suggest that there is probably some influx from a seep which is probably fed from the adjacent forest. In wet weather I have actually seen water seeping from the ground along the forest side of the pond and especially if the pond is low and some of the pond bottom is exposed. I have never heard of beavers invading existing farm ponds of the sort we have in this part of Missouri.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Well I fixed breakfast nude as usual, and then the wife and I ate breakfast out on the corner of the deck overlooking the pond and the lawn and field and garden. But that part is pretty usual for us.

The surprise came when I walked out the door to the deck carrying the breakfast tray. There was barely enough breeze to take note of which was a good thing because the air temperature was 57 F (14 C) and just two days ago the high for the day was 107 F (42C) That is 50 F (28C) cooler. I guess the hot spell has finally broken,

As for breakfast it was sort of cool but I had two large cups of fresh ground, French pressed coffee with enough half & half to keep me from burning my tongue along with some left over beef and onions with Stroganoff cream sauce from last night's dinner and some of my wif'e home made stone ground whole wheat toast with apricot preserves. The hot coffee was just enough to balance the cool air so that I could comfortably sit and enjoy such a deluxe breakfast.

It now is 7 hours later and I still have not put clothes on :-D and it is 83F (28 C) and bright and sunny. So I am trying to figure out what needs to be done outdoors so that I can justify going out and have fun while I scamper about naked while still having a legitimate claim that I am working and accomplishing something of material value. ;)
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Nothing so far today and less than an hour fully nude in the backyard yesterday working on my all over tan. It had been awhile since I'd done anything fully nude beyond bathe and sleep.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:04 pm

Woke up inexplicably this morning at 4:30AM and spent over 3 hours nude, reading the Word and then another book. Family vacation this week, so I won't have much nude time and therefore had to stock up with the time I had!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:36 pm

Spent about 25 minutes broiling in the sun (man it was hot) and rinsed off to cool off. Then, dressed in my lounge pants changed out the A/C filters which were extremely dirty and flushed sediment from the hot water heater. Sweaty and dirty, I rinsed off again and am now relaxing fully nude in the air conditioning.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:20 pm

Today, enjoyed some time in the water, then a bit of reading, then some outlining of some sermons for when I'll serve as camp pastor next week. All this in the comfort of 82 degrees and little humidity!
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Today I got the car ready for inspection. I do almost all of my own automotive work and only take it to a mechanic when it requires tools which I do not have such as an alignment machine etc. With an entire machine shop in my basement and welding facility there is not much automotive work I cannot do up to and including rebuilding an engine which I have done 3 times if you count my first Diesel Tractor. I have had inspection stations where they tried to talk me into a brake job which I did not need (that was 2 years ago and I still do not need a break job) and I hope my widow never gets ripped off by such shysters.

All the stuff that they check is pretty easy and the brakes/suspension are about the hardest part. So what I did was bring the car into the basement (gotta love that 8 foot door in the basement) and did a complete inspection, so that I won't be blindsided by some claim that something is necessary when it is not. That is how I knew that other place tried to rip me off, (I knew that the brake pads had more than a quarter inch of pad left).

It was a good rainy day project and I brought the car in in the morning before the next round of rain hit and put a couple fans blowing to dry things off and then did my inspection in the afternoon. This was another one of my nude all day days. The basement concrete is sealed and very smooth. Since the floor was smooth and dry and I was not wearing any clothes I could easily slide around under the car. I put the front up on jack stands and left the floor jack in place and pulled the front wheels off one at a time and checked the front pads hoses ball joints and axle shaft boots. Everything was OK and all 4 pads had plenty of "witness groove" left in the pad, but just for good measure I used a pack of feeler gages that was 0.139" total and between the pad plate and the rotor it fit with room to spare front and back on all pads for a total of 8 measurements.

The front brakes are pretty easy but a little time consuming. So then I moved the jack stands to the back end of the car to get working room and slid under the car. The inspection process there is a little simpler because there is an inspection port that allows one to examine the edge of the shoes to see how much lining is still on the shoes without removing anything other than the rubber plug in the hole. Of course you then need an intense light and you have to get your head in the right place and I have to have my glasses to see precisely at that distance (about typical reading distance for a book or computer screen) About half the undercar time is spent getting that stupid, awkwardly located plug back in the hole but everything checked out ok there. The hole is so awkwardly located because it is placed about where the shoes wear fastest on the drum brakes.

After that it is basically horn, lights, wipers, wiper blades, and a general exam for any wear and deterioration issues and check the tire tread depth. Oh yeah I did have to re-torque the lug nuts on the front wheels.

After that I took a shower so as not to get the seats dirty while I drive the car out of the basement. The wife helped with the light check and then she walked me out of the basement, which is kind of necessary because to get the car in and out requires turning the car, because where the car fits, and where the door is, is not a straight in shot and requires a close fitting maneuver with plenty of obstacles on both sides. It was an all day naked day and even though that was yesterday I still have not put clothes on. Sometimes it is several days before I get dressed again :biggrin:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:30 am

I got totally naked about 2:00 PM yesterday afternoon and remained so until about 11:00 AM today when I dressed to go out for lunch, errands, and two movies. After arriving home a bit after 6:00 PM I stripped again and won't need to dress until a bit before 8:00 AM tomorrow to go to my chiropractor.

I spent approximately four hours outdoors refilling a hole where I dug out a stump by sifting the soil back into the hole to remove rocks and caliche followed by clean-up of the area, all before the sun got up too high and too hot. It's the most time I've spent nude in quite awhile and enjoying the freedom so much.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:08 pm

Yard work is so much better nude. Today I mowed the backyard without a stitch as none of my family were home. Another first!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:25 am

Many hours spent weeding and cleaning out around the back yard. Went to "weed whack" the edges of what we call lawn and it quit - argh might get rid of another gas machine and go electric. Lately I have been getting a lot less worried about anyone popping over the fence and seeing me in a naturist state - after all it is a 7 feet high "no see through" double sided cedar fence without step up railing :D
The weather has been so great I have been naked all day long inside and out for weeks...
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:08 pm

webmeister wrote:Lately I have been getting a lot less worried about anyone popping over the fence and seeing me in a naturist state - after all it is a 7 feet high "no see through" double sided cedar fence without step up railing :D

My dad recently purchased a traditional push mower made by Fiskars that is not only quieter than gas or electric but easier to push. Plus, it does a better job of cutting the grass and doesn't trigger my allergies! But the cool thing about it being quiet is that I can mow and still hear around me--essential for a backyard naturist, in my opinion. So there is something to be said about the old-fashioned way of doing things...
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism