Advocating Naturism

This is the place for your stories, testimonials, naturist humor (in good taste), family concerns, and other issues, as you help each other understand God's will for you.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Advocating Naturism

Postby RMOlson » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:49 pm

And interesting article on advocating naturism:
https://link.medium.com/4xZDtNKucX
RMOlson
Native Resident

Re: Advocating Naturism

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:30 am

Yes, he does a good job of pointing out nudists, like all others, should discuss a broad range of topics and ideas to show their life revolves around more than simply being or getting naked.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:41 am

That is indeed an interesting article. I suppose anyone espousing naturism, or anything for which they have a particular passion, will want to bang on about it. My niece & nephew are Minecraft fans & will drone on about it, using words & phrases that are meaningless to me. Adult hobbyists are just as bad & I have to own up to having the potential to be extremely boring about stuff that fascinates me.

The article's main thrust, that talking about nothing but being naked, can actually put off the curious is a point we should all be aware of; we naturists in particular as it is an issue frequently, & sometimes wilfully, misunderstood. However, some of the discussions I have most enjoyed & benefitted from on here have had nothing to do with getting one's kit off.

A final thought... Do we Christians sometimes come across as a single issue community? I think the answer is no, or at least it should be. If our faith does not move us beyond the confines of our churches & church communities, we are missing some of what being a Christian is about.
Last edited by Englishman on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:29 am

I knew a politician, husband of the local family doctor, she was into an interesting hobby of wild plant identification and collection and my brother and I were frequently traveling with her all over TN and clear across the country a few times. He was a pharmacist with his wife the Dr in their small town clinic. And politician. for many years he was regional representative and speaker of the house in Nashville legislature. But when he came home, he had no hobbies. Just sit and smoke cigarettes and watch TV. He had health issues and died, she's gone as well, passed at 89 years of age in 2014.

Some people are like that, not much for hobbies or interests, just sit around and drink coffee, or be naked and say so often with little else to talk about.

I was exceedingly untalkative when I was young, shy and quiet, and interested in many things. So I studied things that came my way to be learned. Technical things, engines, energy technology, radio electronics, natural healing, then got into horses and studied horse training a lot. Fertility management in agriculture caught my interest, being a life long gardener, there's more to it than most anyone realizes, more can be done with it than anyone does. And there's more benefit to mankind there than anywhere else really. Growing healthy tasty fresh food, no one realizes just how far down our food supply has been going in flavor and nutrition, they have nothing to compare it to. Extremely few know what really good produce should taste like. Plus we've studied religion a lot, studied the bible extensively, tried to pull together every revelation from God that can be ascertained to be valid and compared it all. It's awesome what is going on and about to start happening. So now I add naturism to the mix of interests, being starved for the freedom of mind it gives for many years makes me go hog wild on it for awhile. Maybe eventually I can settle down and just call it one of those hum drum so what things. But the more society degrades it the more it needs exposure. I have lots of stuff to talk about now. Naturist agriculture activities are the best and what I intend to pursue most for some time to come. I see that's where real heath preservation is to be found. Growing good food on high mineral healthy soil and eating what grows, working it without fabric getting in the way, except when it's really needed. So a greenhouse produce business is the plan, but it's taking too long to get started. The way I want to do it takes more input up front, technically, but once I figure it out we should have a really good thing going that can be maintained with ease. I have so many interests and potential hobbies I will never be able to get around to doing them all to any real extent. I could enjoy training horses to no end, but decided I can be doing that for all eternity so I let it go. I could enjoy doing home foundry and machining, making custom steam engines the old fastened way. I got all the stuff to do it. But I have a hard time getting anywhere near it, too many more important things to do. Maybe after the greenhouses are running I can do some of it in my spare time, if there is any.

So some people don't have real interest consuming interests and hobbies, and so very little to talk about. I have too many, and it creates a lot of things I could talk about if someone gets me started.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby OzTech » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:45 am

Hmmm DaveT... I don't think you'll be training horses for eternity... or that you'd even need to... you'd just have to ask them to do something... they might question you about some of the details... and then they'd go and do as you require. In any case, eternity is going to have a much greater scope of activities to occupy us than the things we do as hobbies in these days.

It does raise the question though... what should we be doing with our time? For those who have to work there should be some element of it being also within God's service and perhaps ministering to the Church brethren or local community in what we contribute or do within our society. If, like I, retirement has now been reached then what we are able to do in God's service should be a fair bit more varied. Perhaps our hobbies can also be some way to help or serve others within the Church or our neighbourhood. If DaveT can get that healthy food growing business set up and able to produce enough to share that would be a boon to his community and, hopefully, they might see it as something born of his faith in the Lord.
If all else fails.... read the instructions
OzTech
Native Resident

Return to General conversation about nudism / naturism