My Christian journey in a nutshell

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Christian journey in a nutshell

Postby dereklee » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:39 pm

I was raised by two wonderful and godly parents (married now for 46 years) and have been Christian from a very young age. I veered away from walk with Christ for a seasonduring my college years; but renewed my walk with Christ as a young adult and have been strongly committed to my faith ever since.

I take my Christian faith very seriously and my relationship with Christ is truly the center of who I am. I believe in the inerrancy of God's Word; and that we all are sinners needing God's grace and redemption from our sins through the sacrifice of His Son to cleanse us of our wickedness and set us free from the sins that can so easily enslave us. Some of my favorite Christian thinkers are C.S. Lewis, Ravi Zacharias, R.C Sproal, and Chuck Swindoll...just to name a few.

My wife and I also feel a very strong calling to minister to other married couples so that we can help one another make our marriages as strong as possible...to reflect God's desire for all that He created marriage to be.
dereklee
New Comer

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey