My Journey

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My Journey

Postby BillP73 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:04 pm

There is really nothing remarkable about my journey. I was raised as a Roman Catholic, went to an all male Catholic grammar school, and as a result for years carried the burden of guilt that many Catholics bear (my former parish priest told me that one of the lady parishioners had exploded to him that the church had given her a Masters degree in guilt - a complaint that he understood and sympathized with). Anyway, I continued to practice as a Catholic until a few years ago, at which time I became disgusted with the way in which the church mishandled the issue of clergy abusing children. I also disagreed with the teachings on contraception and divorce. Eventually, being in a new town in a new country, where none of the other parishioners even talked to me, I felt so out of place in so many ways that I stopped attending mass, although in my heart I still consider myself to be a Catholic, just not a good one.

I later realized how much I enjoy being naked, when possible, and feel none of the previous guilt about it. I started to look for companions to share the liberated feelings with and am pleased to say that I have just joined a local group, made up of a very diverse membership.

Bill
BillP73
Permanent Resident

Re: My Journey

Postby RMOlson » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:11 am

BillP73 wrote:
I later realized how much I enjoy being naked, when possible, and feel none of the previous guilt about it. I started to look for companions to share the liberated feelings with and am pleased to say that I have just joined a local group, made up of a very diverse membership.

Bill

Congratulations Bill!
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby BillP73 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:33 am

Thanks, RM
BillP73
Permanent Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:28 am

Bill, let go of your feelings of not being a good Catholic. It seems there’s a real effort, particularly by the Catholic Church, to make those who don’t follow their strict doctrine feel guilty as if they’re bad. You said you left, at least in part, because of the way in which the abuse of children by clergy was handled. While those abuses were done by “only a handful” the impact on those children will/has lasted a lifetime. It seems the leadership was at least more concerned with protecting the church and its position far more than ever protecting those children from their abusers. I will say for full disclosure, I am not nor have ever been religious and can probably be best described as somewhere between agnostic and deist.

My statements regarding the Catholic Church are likely offensive to some who will read my comments and so I apologize in advance but still hold firm to my beliefs. The same beliefs hold true for any other churches or religions who have or will commit such atrocities.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:44 pm

JimShedd112 wrote:My statements regarding the Catholic Church are likely offensive to some who will read my comments and so I apologize in advance but still hold firm to my beliefs. The same beliefs hold true for any other churches or religions who have or will commit such atrocities.

Hey Jim, I'm not Catholic, but I think what you wrote would only be taken as offensive by people who are ignorant of these abuses or by those who want to keep the wool pulled over people's eyes. It's not about blasting Catholics, but rather calling out the evil as we see it.

I was raised Baptist, and the Southern Baptist Convention has been dealing with some sexual abuses of its own lately. I'm not happy about it, but I've seen the pride and arrogance of some SBC pastors and leaders firsthand, so I'm not surprised—and you know what they say: "Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall" (Prov. 16:18, ESV).

I join with Bill in being loath to associate with any large church body for the time being. I'm a Christian first and foremost, and there's some stuff I disagree with Baptists on anyway.

So Bill, let's you and me keep on being good Christians first and foremost. Who cares if we're bad Catholics and Baptists? :D
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby BillP73 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:56 pm

Agreed, Maverick!
BillP73
Permanent Resident

Postby RMOlson » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:10 pm

Maverick wrote:So Bill, let's you and me keep on being good Christians first and foremost. Who cares if we're bad Catholics and Baptists? :D
[/quote]
:like: :biggrin:
RMOlson
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:40 pm

I fully agree here, too. It's God that gives us peace when we are in His will, not our "denomination".
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:43 pm

About those bad Catholics, bad Baptists, or bad anyony else; I think of the comment my son made about cell phones going off during a church function, "That is God calling, He wants his church back."
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey