Created for Relationship

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Created for Relationship

Postby Jewing » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:28 pm

I was saved at a small church revival when I was 10. My parents were not Christians but my grandparents would take us to church when we were with them. As a young man I was struggling to find meaning in life, jobs, etc. I joined the military running from God but he caught me there and I gave him control and found instant peace. It has been a journey at times of taking control of some things back then failing and returning them again to God. In His grace he has grown me and this cycle is now much less frequent. In recent years God has done much healing of life wounds, granted me emotional freedom to feel and experience more than I knew was possible. I have come to deeply believe what God desires of us is simply intimate relationship, and being created in his image, we are created also for deep intimacy with each other.
Jewing
Resident

Re: Created for Relationship

Postby naturaldon » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Enjoyed this part of your testimony, too. Hope to hear more from you.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Re: Created for Relationship

Postby Lionheart2 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 4:03 pm

I love hearing your story. The story of freedom is not as common as it should be. I’ve been on this journey of healing and restoration myself. So much of what I thought to be true about God, church, and myself turned out to be layers of miss-truth that were as useless as a screen door on a submarine. Peace and grace.
Lionheart2
New Comer

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey