My story and a question

Are you Christian? Any other faith? No faith? Tell us just a bit about the role "faith" plays in your life. Don't seek to evangelize here. This is a "story-telling" forum. All submissions are equally valued if given in a positive spirit. New Comers please post here.

NO NUDIST COMMENTS PLEASE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

My story and a question

Postby Frankenbeans » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:17 am

I was raised in a Christian home but wanted to experience everything the world had to offer. And I did untill I was 27. I was rarely happy, always lonely and I made such a mess of my life and was so miserable because of the choices I had made. I didn't want to go on anymore. I told God I was sorry for the way I had been living. He made a huge radical change in me overnight. I had unshakeable peace for weeks and an unceasing hunger for the word. After my holy high wore off I came back to earth and had to deal with my addictions. He healed me of that too when I followed his directions and confessed my sins to people and Him. It took years.

Here's my question. I love getting my kit off as my Brittish friends say. I think we were all designed to live naked in a perfect environment. But it is addictive and may be an idol in my life. I would much rather read about naked issues or try to find naked friends online than I would pray or read the word now. Anybody else feel like they are living on this slippery slope?
Frankenbeans
New Comer

Re: My story and a question

Postby jochanaan » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:24 am

It is wonderful how God can give us the desires of our hearts when we come to Him. :D

It is also normal for you to be fascinated by this "new thing under the sun" (to paraphrase Ecclesiastes) and to focus on it almost to the exclusion of everything else for a time. It can take a while to integrate this new understanding, which is so radically different from the way most Christians and Christian leaders see our bodies, into our thought patterns, and to create a new mindset that, instead of fearing and dishonoring our naked bodies, honors them as God's creations. Most of us here went through similar study and reconditioning.

Try this: Whenever you visit our Village or other naturist groups, say a prayer thanking God for this new grace and freedom that He has given us. Keep your Bible (or Bible app) open to check anything you may have questions about. And if you have not already done so, open your complete Concordance or use a Bible site to look up all the references to "naked" and "nakedness." You may be surprised at what you find, and what you don't find. :) In this way, you will transform a potential idol into an icon leading you ever closer to God.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:21 pm

Paul in 1 Timothy 4:
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and
commanding] to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

And commanding to abstain from nudity, which God does not forbid.

It is the attitude. We know - everything is poison, even water and air, if used wrong. Everything is medicine, even nitroglycerine and warfarin, if used right.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:43 pm

jochanaan wrote:It is wonderful how God can give us the desires of our hearts when we come to Him. :D

It is also normal for you to be fascinated by this "new thing under the sun" (to paraphrase Ecclesiastes) and to focus on it almost to the exclusion of everything else for a time. It can take a while to integrate this new understanding, which is so radically different from the way most Christians and Christian leaders see our bodies, into our thought patterns, and to create a new mindset that, instead of fearing and dishonoring our naked bodies, honors them as God's creations. Most of us here went through similar study and reconditioning.

Try this: Whenever you visit our Village or other naturist groups, say a prayer thanking God for this new grace and freedom that He has given us. Keep your Bible (or Bible app) open to check anything you may have questions about. And if you have not already done so, open your complete Concordance or use a Bible site to look up all the references to "naked" and "nakedness." You may be surprised at what you find, and what you don't find. :) In this way, you will transform a potential idol into an icon leading you ever closer to God.

In my first year or two as a club-going naturist, I spent extra time meeting people active in nudist camps and clubs, studying relevant Bible passages and online discussions with other Christians.
As Jochanaan says, there is a time when we focus on integrating this new freedom into our Christian lives.
Some 15 years later, I don't worry at all about slipping into sinful misuse of nudity. If anything it is frequently one way I honor the Lord my creator, by NOT covering up the body the MASTER SCULPTOR has created. Not that I am on display, but the shame, sexual tension and guilt are replaced by joy, freedom and comfort, and yes, even a sense of reverence at times.
Now, I spend less time thinking about it, and arguably more time nude than ever. Oh, I am nude now! Just realized it. :biggrin:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:30 pm

I came upon a somewhat similar concern on NC which I can not understand. My current development in my walk is learning to see that there is no distinction between secular and sacred in the life of the Christian. On my recent trips to Cypress Cove I met a Christian brother and we had a great time of fellowship and had a chance to talk about Christ with a man who did not know him. All of our pursuits can be redeemed by God if they are undertaken in the context of our relationship with him. This too can be a process of renewing your mind by the Holy Spirit.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:47 pm

Frankenbeans wrote:.....Here's my question. I love getting my kit off as my Brittish friends say. I think we were all designed to live naked in a perfect environment. But it is addictive and may be an idol in my life.
--
I would much rather read about naked issues or try to find naked friends online than I would pray or read the word now.
Anybody else feel like they are living on this slippery slope?

Let me suggest that the right combination may be beneficial. Now I admit that I have the advantage of having my own 20 acres of mostly natural environment through which I have cut trails to walk. However there are many other enviornments which may be similarly adapted to what I do. I go out on my trails to meditate and pray. I do some lay preaching such as Sermons or Sermonettes, and these are good times to ponder topics and the relevant scriptures. I also spend time pondering current events and trends or prophecy and the like and I drift back and forth between meditation and prayer, and asking for insight and guidance on personal problems. etc. On the relatively rare occasions where I can have company it is also a good time for "iron sharpening iron type of discussions on similar things." I consider my nude meditative and prayer walks the very best opportunities for those sorts of things. Putting aside distractions at times like that are the easiest times for me to do so. While recreational activities are special when socially nude, RE-CREATIVE times speaking to God and opening myself up to his spirit while I am just me alone in a natural environment without all the trappings of civilization are a very special use of naturist time.

Try it, I think you might like it, and I am also quite sure that, so will HE!
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:09 am

There is a bit in the Desert Fathers collection where an elder points out to a critical visitor that the bow needs to be unstrung now and then, all work and no play and all.

Be sure of this, keep listening and the Spirit will steer you to just the right work / recuperation study/play productivity/ relaxation balance.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Nude multi-tasking makes eminent sense!

Sometimes I am lying on a cot in my backyard with the sole purpose of making vitamin D;
sometimes I shed my clothes because it is more comfortable to tend my garden without them and cleanup is easier without them.

Sometimes I take long walks for my health and to enjoy nature (and nature's God).
On occasion, I wander off-trail through dense creekside thickets and I relish this opportunity to leave clothing behind and experience nature undiminished.
Clothes can seem like a form of sensory deprivation.

Thus unused, my clothes remain clean and dry, waiting for my return to errands in the town square and other places where nudity is not an option.

The symbolism of nudity in prayer is not lost on me either.
It bespeaks a vulnerability, an openness before the Lord, an aid to prayer.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Frankenbeans » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:31 am

Thanks for the replies Brothers. It sounds like you all have found a good balance. Maybe I should focus less on finding naked friends and more on making a temple out of my hot tub.
Frankenbeans
New Comer

Postby jochanaan » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:14 pm

Frankenbeans wrote:Thanks for the replies Brothers. It sounds like you all have found a good balance. Maybe I should focus less on finding naked friends and more on making a temple out of my hot tub.
Not a bad idea. 8) And of your bedroom and even your bathroom. "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet..." --Matthew 6:6
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Frankenbeans wrote:Thanks for the replies Brothers. It sounds like you all have found a good balance. Maybe I should focus less on finding naked friends and more on making a temple out of my hot tub.

I would not abandon the effort to find friends who enjoy social nudity unless there are absolutely no places within a day's drive where you could find a family-oriented nudist camp/park/resort/club.
Assuming you would not be leaving an angry resentful wife at home, wondering about you cavorting naked in the pool with equally naked giggly nubile lasses.
Assuming that your nearby venues do not ban you from attending without wife or at least a female companion.
Assuming that if so, you are unable to find female companion to attend with you.
Assuming that the place is truly family-friendly and not one of those odd devilish clubs masquerading as nudist, but better described as "Lifestyle" or "Swinger".

With all those worries out of the way, the companionship of kindred spirits is very comforting and can lead one to even greater purity of thought.
Too many people speculate endlessly about what nudist camps or resorts are like, never actually seeing it for themselves.
Once upon a time, I worried far too much and missed several years of fun, fellowship and spiritual growth by such needless speculation.
In a short visit, my speculation was replaced with reality, far better than anything I could have imagined.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Frankenbeans » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:28 am

Ramblinman wrote:

I would not abandon the effort to find friends who enjoy social nudity unless there are absolutely no places within a day's drive where you could find a family-oriented nudist camp/park/resort/club.
Assuming you would not be leaving an angry resentful wife at home, wondering about you cavorting naked in the pool with equally naked giggly nubile lasses.
Assuming that your nearby venues do not ban you from attending without wife or at least a female companion.
Assuming that if so, you are unable to find female companion to attend with you.
Assuming that the place is truly family-friendly and not one of those odd devilish clubs masquerading as nudist, but better described as "Lifestyle" or "Swinger".

With all those worries out of the way, the companionship of kindred spirits is very comforting and can lead one to even greater purity of thought.
Too many people speculate endlessly about what nudist camps or resorts are like, never actually seeing it for themselves.
Once upon a time, I worried far too much and missed several years of fun, fellowship and spiritual growth by such needless speculation.
In a short visit, my speculation was replaced with reality, far better than anything I could have imagined.

I told myself all summer long this is the year I am going to Oaklake Trails. My wife won't go to that one only because it is close to her home town. I'd rather not go as a single married guy but the only thing stopping me is leaving her with the kids by herself so I can go have a day of selfish fun.
Frankenbeans
New Comer

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:43 pm

Frankenbeans wrote:I told myself all summer long this is the year I am going to Oaklake Trails. My wife won't go to that one only because it is close to her home town. I'd rather not go as a single married guy but the only thing stopping me is leaving her with the kids by herself so I can go have a day of selfish fun.

From what I have seen wives have as much fun as the husbands, tremendous amount of poolside socializing compared to the menfolk, while we enjoy our sports and fishing stories.
The kids. From toddlers to teenagers, they have far more fun than the grown folks.
One summer Saturday we had 50 kids in organized events, laughing, playing; teens had their dances and summer crushes, trips to town for bowling (wearing clothes of course for that, but the naturist bonding is powerful stuff).
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:46 pm

Frankenbeans wrote:I told myself all summer long this is the year I am going to Oaklake Trails. My wife won't go to that one only because it is close to her home town. I'd rather not go as a single married guy but the only thing stopping me is leaving her with the kids by herself so I can go have a day of selfish fun.
Well, if she sees anyone she knows, it's a sure bet they're there for the same reason she is. And you have new naturist friends! :D
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:40 pm

jochanaan wrote:
Well, if she sees anyone she knows, it's a sure bet they're there for the same reason she is. And you have new naturist friends! :D

I ran into one of the guys from work at a nudist camp.
After a good belly laugh, we got better acquainted, he introduced me to his wife and we discovered that we also are members of the same religious denomination.
It turned out very well, taking what had been merely a passing acquaintance and forming real friendship.
Family-friendly social nudity and the strong sense of community that often develops in camps dedicated to that purpose offers great assistance to the Christian life.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Next

Return to Tell us about your Faith Journey