Taking the first step in exploring social nudist lifestyle

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Taking the first step in exploring social nudist lifestyle

Postby dereklee » Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:45 pm

Hello all,

I am 43 years old and live in the Austin, Tx area. I am taking the first step in exploring the Christian nudist/naturist lifestyle by joining this forum and learning from others.

I have always enjoyed being nude in private from a very young age. Being without clothes just always made feel so free and natural. I think I have always had pretty strong nudist tendencies from a young age: I have one memory in particular when I was a young (I think about 11 or 12) late at night taking a walk around the block in my residential neighborhood complelely naked...and I will always remember how completely wonderful and normal it felt. As a teenager and young adult, I always loved the chance to skinny dip in our pool when I was by myself and walk around the house naked when no one else was at home. But nudism was never something discussed or talked about at home so I never really shared these things with any of my family (although after my parents were empty-nesters, I found out that my dad started getting involved in the naturist lifestyle after he retired...and he will talk openly about it if asked).

When I got married in my late 20's, my wife at the time was not at all interested in nudism and we were also raising two young children; so most of my nudist interest went by the wayside except for the occasional time when I was alone at home.

When I got remarried in August 2014, I got married to the most amazing and godly woman who has created an atmosphere in our marriage where I can share absolutely everything and anything thing with her and I know she will love and accept me unconditionally. When our older children aren't around, I usually immediately take of the clothes and she completely accepts and loves that I do that. It's mostly just being naked around the house, and occasionally in the backyard on a beautiful evening. Occasionally, she will also join me in being naked around the house when it is just the two of us. A couple times, I have brought up the desire I have of wanting to explore the naturist lifestyle with fellow naturists in social settings...but she currently seems to have a lot of hesitation about taking that step. So I am just taking that part of it slowly. I am thinking I will eventually introduce her to this forum, so she can meet other normal people who have strong Christian faiths but also love the nudist lifestyle.

As you can see from everything I have shared above, I have kept my nudist tendencies mostly to myself for the greater part of my life; until my current wife who has given me the freedom to be completely myself with her. But another reason I think I have kept it mostly to myself is because I was never quite sure if my strong Christian faith would allow for social nudism so I never really explored anything beyond private nudism until now. But I think because of the combination of knowing my dad has become involved in the naturist lifestyle in his latter years, having the unconditional acceptance of my wife about my private nudism, and that these nudist inclinations have never left me after all these years is what has prompted me to join this forum and explore the possibilities more fully.

Thanks in advance for this forum and I look forward to learning from the experiences of others with this common interest!
dereklee
Resident

Re: Taking the first step in exploring social nudist lifesty

Postby nudie66 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:26 pm

Hello Derek,

It sounds like you and I have had similar experiences. I too grew up enjoying the freedom of nudity, but only when others were not around. Now that I am remarried, my wife also loves allowing me the freedom to be nude around the house, and at social nudist venues. She has joined me at our most local nude beach & nude resort, but prefers to keep those undies on. She also has no qualms over raising any future children as nudists, although we're 50 and 47, so we'll see if that even happens.

However, the way my mom still speaks negatively whenever the subject of nudity comes up randomly, I know not to mention our fondness for it. I wish you and your wife many years of joy and enjoyment of nudism!

Warren
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby dereklee » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:37 pm

nudie66 wrote:Hello Derek,

It sounds like you and I have had similar experiences. I too grew up enjoying the freedom of nudity, but only when others were not around. Now that I am remarried, my wife also loves allowing me the freedom to be nude around the house, and at social nudist venues. She has joined me at our most local nude beach & nude resort, but prefers to keep those undies on. She also has no qualms over raising any future children as nudists, although we're 50 and 47, so we'll see if that even happens.

However, the way my mom still speaks negatively whenever the subject of nudity comes up randomly, I know not to mention our fondness for it. I wish you and your wife many years of joy and enjoyment of nudism!

Warren

Nice to meet you, Warren. Yes, it does sound like we have some similar experiences. Maybe at some point in the future, my wife could correspond with your wife about her experiences with naturism.
dereklee
Resident

Postby dereklee » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:38 pm

A little gift that my wife bought for me during her recent visit to Alabama. She knows me so well! ;)

RenderedContent-0E195A94-D9FD-4E5C-A82E-6D0E441A4C00.JPG
dereklee
Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:05 pm

We'd love to welcome your lady here, dereklee! :)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Are you a naturist?