Non-gnostic with naturistic tendencies

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Non-gnostic with naturistic tendencies

Postby Lionheart » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Englishman wrote:That is it indeed, Maverick. It's a stimulating & challenging read but well worth the effort.

Just bought the book and it is on its way. Looking forward to reading it and discussing it here.
Lionheart

Postby Englishman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:01 am

That means I'll have to ferret my copy out & reread it. Off I am to the wilds of the spare bedroom!
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 am

Ah, the intense joy of having a spare bedeoom! I once knew it well, hope to again.

The book seems to fit with a lot of reading and discussion in Herself's environment just now.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm

I risk being badly off topic, but for some folks, one's house is anything but tranquil.
Televisions, music, radios, loud conversations, Youtube, etc.
Asking for a quiet place to read a book doesn't seem like too much to ask, but...
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 am

Taking the tangent further off topic:

Being on the Autism Spectrum (I have Asperger's Syndrome) the peace and quiet is what I need to think. I am unable to concentrate on anything but the TV if the TV is on.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:38 pm

balaam wrote:Taking the tangent further off topic:

Being on the Autism Spectrum (I have Asperger's Syndrome) the peace and quiet is what I need to think. I am unable to concentrate on anything but the TV if the TV is on.

I'm probably lower on the Austim Spectrum but I agree.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:45 am

Okay - that starts me off. Is "lower on the spectrum" further from the mainstream neurotypical mind or closer to it?

I am just a bit into Aspergers, enough that if I am trying and people do not look to close I can just about pass.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 am

Antone want to start another strip to discuss the autism spectrum as regards naturism/nudism?
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 pm

Petros wrote:Okay - that starts me off. Is "lower on the spectrum" further from the mainstream neurotypical mind or closer to it?

Apologies for being vague; I meant further. In my mind, lower on the spectrum = further away from Asperger's.

balaam wrote:Antone want to start another strip to discuss the autism spectrum as regards naturism/nudism?

I think there are a couple strips where that's already been/being discussed, but if you have the forum permissions, feel free to start another one!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Also worthy of a topic independent of this one, whether the desire to be nude in ambient conditions is:
A. Universal, until the child is so strongly socialized against it that it is suppressed.
B. The dominant or normative human psychological profile.
C. A minority of the population
D. Manifested in a spectrum of preferences or needs (regardless of percent of population in which it occurs).

Perhaps I should offer a tentative definition of a gymnophyllic mindset...
Strong need for 100% tactile contact with one's environment. (not necessarily a dislike of clothing)
Possibly completely unrelated: mild feeling of confinement/lack of mobility in clothing akin to claustrophobia, but obviously not as severe.

After a quick review online of a description of Asperger's Syndrome, I cannot find anything in my personality that comes anywhere close.
Would someone with this syndrome be more inclined to become a nudist or find the heightened stimuli of bare skin abhorrent?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 am

The issue has been discussed off and on but not, I think, as a dedicated attack.

Lower = further from the center = more fringe - like me - I'm fine once I know the orientation.

For what it may be worth, the nudity seekers seem to include a higher than average representation of Aspergieish or sensitivity people. But also some who are clearly not. No time today - late start - to explore Ramblingman's gambit.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:58 pm

While the name Adamite has already been used long ago by nude lifesylists. It surely fits. I like the idea of just saying I take after grandfather Adam. Or I enjoy working like my favorite grandfather.

I try to think ahead of what to say if someone accousts me with "you go naked? Yer lewd" Im in very good company with grandfather Adam and prophet Isaiah.

Or maybe. God invented naturism, who are we to say he made a mistake? We think we know better how to live than our Creator?

I think there is something in man that pulls us back to our roots. Seperated from our origens we suffer uneasyness, but many are raised in such a way, and in such an environment, as to cancel out those weak background feelings. Some of us come to be more sensative to them, or open to returning. I like to feel im tough, can handle anything life throws my way. I learn thats not true. Im actually very sensative in many ways. vulnerable, have to trust heavily on my Lord for moral and mental support.
Along with the pull back to nudity, or to the earth, there is that emptyness that only God can fill. Some find God, but not nudity or the pull of nature to the earth. Some find the nude connection but not God. I seem to have found all 3. I have full belief and trust in my Lord, understand the innocence and Godlyness of nude living and desire it. As well as having a strong pull toward working the earth as God designed us for. Along with earth work comes animal love, learning about and caring for the creatures placed in our charge. In its proper place and context, putting it all together results in joy of living, peace and contentment. While there are still evils to contend with, peace remains in the midst.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:37 pm

DaveT wrote:I try to think ahead of what to say if someone accousts me with "you go naked? Yer lewd" Im in very good company with grandfather Adam and prophet Isaiah.

Or maybe. God invented naturism, who are we to say he made a mistake? We think we know better how to live than our Creator?

AMEN to that. I must admit I was a bit saddened when, at the bookstore this past weekend, I cracked open an ESV Study Bible with contributions from R.C. Sproul (whom I respect as a Bible scholar), flipped to Gen. 2:25, and read that he (Sproul) doesn't think that Adam and Eve's shameless nudity is something we should emulate today (i.e., we should still cover our bodies). Such is the way of the (mainstream Western) Christian world, sadly.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:04 pm

Maverick wrote:AMEN to that. I must admit I was a bit saddened when, at the bookstore this past weekend, I cracked open an ESV Study Bible with contributions from R.C. Sproul (whom I respect as a Bible scholar), flipped to Gen. 2:25, and read that he (Sproul) doesn't think that Adam and Eve's shameless nudity is something we should emulate today (i.e., we should still cover our bodies). Such is the way of the (mainstream Western) Christian world, sadly.

That is interesting. My wife bought me a signed leather bound copy of Sproul's most recent edition of the ESV. I will have to read his commentary.

That said, I heard him speaking on the topic of post-fall nudity a few (several) years ago in which he said that God does not command us to be clothed. Rather, He "allows" us to be clothed because in our post fallen state, we could not handle being completely open and exposed 100% of the time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:02 pm

natman wrote:
Maverick wrote:AMEN to that. I must admit I was a bit saddened when, at the bookstore this past weekend, I cracked open an ESV Study Bible with contributions from R.C. Sproul (whom I respect as a Bible scholar), flipped to Gen. 2:25, and read that he (Sproul) doesn't think that Adam and Eve's shameless nudity is something we should emulate today (i.e., we should still cover our bodies). Such is the way of the (mainstream Western) Christian world, sadly.

That is interesting. My wife bought me a signed leather bound copy of Sproul's most recent edition of the ESV. I will have to read his commentary.

That said, I heard him speaking on the topic of post-fall nudity a few (several) years ago in which he said that God does not command us to be clothed. Rather, He "allows" us to be clothed because in our post fallen state, we could not handle being completely open and exposed 100% of the time.

It is quite easy to point out examples of tribal groups that lived in total nudity 100% of the time and they handled it quite well. There may still be some who continue a life of nudity to this day.
I am very disappointed in R.C. Sproul, but I guess it is a lesson to us: Do not uncritically accept the word of even the most brilliant Bible scholar.
Search the scriptures! Learn the culture from which they came.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Are you a naturist?