Non-gnostic with naturistic tendencies

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Non-gnostic with naturistic tendencies

Postby Lionheart » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:20 pm

Englishman wrote:That is it indeed, Maverick. It's a stimulating & challenging read but well worth the effort.

Just bought the book and it is on its way. Looking forward to reading it and discussing it here.
Run Wild | Live Free | Love Strong
Lionheart
Permanent Resident

Postby Englishman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:01 am

That means I'll have to ferret my copy out & reread it. Off I am to the wilds of the spare bedroom!
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:02 am

Ah, the intense joy of having a spare bedeoom! I once knew it well, hope to again.

The book seems to fit with a lot of reading and discussion in Herself's environment just now.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:09 pm

I risk being badly off topic, but for some folks, one's house is anything but tranquil.
Televisions, music, radios, loud conversations, Youtube, etc.
Asking for a quiet place to read a book doesn't seem like too much to ask, but...
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:38 am

Taking the tangent further off topic:

Being on the Autism Spectrum (I have Asperger's Syndrome) the peace and quiet is what I need to think. I am unable to concentrate on anything but the TV if the TV is on.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:38 pm

balaam wrote:Taking the tangent further off topic:

Being on the Autism Spectrum (I have Asperger's Syndrome) the peace and quiet is what I need to think. I am unable to concentrate on anything but the TV if the TV is on.

I'm probably lower on the Austim Spectrum but I agree.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:45 am

Okay - that starts me off. Is "lower on the spectrum" further from the mainstream neurotypical mind or closer to it?

I am just a bit into Aspergers, enough that if I am trying and people do not look to close I can just about pass.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:24 am

Antone want to start another strip to discuss the autism spectrum as regards naturism/nudism?
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:19 pm

Petros wrote:Okay - that starts me off. Is "lower on the spectrum" further from the mainstream neurotypical mind or closer to it?

Apologies for being vague; I meant further. In my mind, lower on the spectrum = further away from Asperger's.

balaam wrote:Antone want to start another strip to discuss the autism spectrum as regards naturism/nudism?

I think there are a couple strips where that's already been/being discussed, but if you have the forum permissions, feel free to start another one!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:17 pm

Also worthy of a topic independent of this one, whether the desire to be nude in ambient conditions is:
A. Universal, until the child is so strongly socialized against it that it is suppressed.
B. The dominant or normative human psychological profile.
C. A minority of the population
D. Manifested in a spectrum of preferences or needs (regardless of percent of population in which it occurs).

Perhaps I should offer a tentative definition of a gymnophyllic mindset...
Strong need for 100% tactile contact with one's environment. (not necessarily a dislike of clothing)
Possibly completely unrelated: mild feeling of confinement/lack of mobility in clothing akin to claustrophobia, but obviously not as severe.

After a quick review online of a description of Asperger's Syndrome, I cannot find anything in my personality that comes anywhere close.
Would someone with this syndrome be more inclined to become a nudist or find the heightened stimuli of bare skin abhorrent?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:38 am

The issue has been discussed off and on but not, I think, as a dedicated attack.

Lower = further from the center = more fringe - like me - I'm fine once I know the orientation.

For what it may be worth, the nudity seekers seem to include a higher than average representation of Aspergieish or sensitivity people. But also some who are clearly not. No time today - late start - to explore Ramblingman's gambit.
Petros
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?