Enjoy being nude.

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Enjoy being nude.

Postby Petros » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:33 pm

I, of course, am of those who [being rooted and rooting in the past] pronounce Celt with the velar stop.

And of course the Celts are the irrepressible lads who for centuries went into battle without even a Celtic kilt.

We owe much to the Romans, who absorbed the Greeks [who gave us the gymnasium] , put down the nude-fighting Celts in northern Italy, and in Gaul, and in Spain, and in England, and in Galatia - and then put breeches on their own soldiers.

Interesting thought - the blue skinned Britons - were they really died with woad as we are told, or is it just that they were nude and Britain can be chilly?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:43 am

Petros, I suspect it was "blue in blue." :mrgreen: (Mary E. Coleridge, "The Blue Bird")
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:00 am

A point. Woad that I had thought of it.

I see the bit has been set to not quite up to date music.

Hard to see how it could reasonably be made to fit the blues.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Petros wrote:...Interesting thought - the blue skinned Britons - were they really died with woad as we are told, or is it just that they were nude and Britain can be chilly?

Some who were dyed with woad, died with woad, some lived with it (to fight another day). :biggrin:
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:49 pm

Petros wrote:A point. Woad that I had thought of it.

I see the bit has been set to not quite up to date music.

Hard to see how it could reasonably be made to fit the blues.
Oh, Sir Charles Villiers Stanford would never have sullied himself with Delta blues even if he had heard of it!

And with that, maybe I'd better hit the woad. :mrgreen:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:23 am

It would not pay to assume a Celtic warrior would be yellow. They say the dye is in the leaves.

natman, I did not fail to appreciate your contribution, but the puns in this strip need to be allowed to petros out eventually.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Kiltedhiker » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:49 am

a kilt is the best garment for men. I own two and wear them regualrly....regimentally of course.
Kiltedhiker
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:03 am

At least the officer commanding kilties will not make bloomers.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 am

At this pun-ishing rate, this strip will be full of word play till the Second Coming! :mrgreen:
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jude700 » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:17 pm

And who left this strip to fade and die? Many of the brothers, as well as the sisters, wear naught under their top shirt. :lol:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:05 pm

Rev. Ross wrote:I have only one close neighbor and they can see into the front window, so my chances of nude in the living room are nil in the daytime.

You might want to check on that. When it's light out and darker inside the house, very little can often be seen. Look in at the daytime from where someone else could look from and see what you can see inside.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:36 am

And if the window is the right height, even when you stand right AT the window in plain sight nothing below the waist can be seen.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:41 pm

So yes, being nude does not always equate to being visible.
And likewise, being clothed does not always equate to being invisible.

At a pool party with college friends, one of the girls wore a modest one-piece white swimsuit.
After swimming around for a while, she decided to try something else for a change of pace.
She climbed to the top of the diving board and stood there for a moment in the brilliant sunshine before making a dive into the pool far below.
Her nipples, areola and pubic hair were suddenly in plain view through the wet thin fabric.
As it happened, in plain view only to me; everyone else was distracted by some antics across the pool.
I wonder if she was aware of how exposed she was? I think not.
What I saw, I saw as her friend and her dignity was my sacred trust.
If she had continued to dive, I would have gone to one of the girls and said something so that she could get a discrete "heads-up" from a sister, but it wasn't necessary; that was her one and only dive.
With the sun shining only on the diving board and not the concrete below, she was no longer "naked".

At our nudist camp swimming pool, no one wears a stitch, but in such a setting, we are nude without being "naked".
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Ramblinman wrote:...in such a setting, we are nude without being "naked".

:like: :like: :like:

SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby JimShedd112 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:09 am

Batman, thanks for the video clip. I very much enjoyed the gentkeman’s Reply, “I am decent, I am also naked.” As I recall one of our former members, Jon Marc, used to state he used it or a similar reply when asked if he was decent.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?