Enjoy being nude.

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Enjoy being nude.

Postby RedondoTan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:26 pm

I suspect that most everyone is a nudist to some extent. I mean I'm a nudist because I love to go nude at home, in nature and with other nudist friends. But how about people who enjoy the feeling of taking a shower and for a while after drying off go without clothes? To me they are nudists in their own right. I have a friend I spend some weekends with, usually Saturdays, in the nude; we meet at his place, we take off our clothes with each other and we are "nudists." But how about someone who spends nude weekends in their backyard only alone, or takes a shower and walks out back for a while? :D
RedondoTan
New Comer

Postby OzTech » Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:32 am

I have considered the issue of being seen naked though publicly exposed windows and it occurs to me that a couple of things could make you non-visible.

Firstly we have shear curtains that are across the window at all times so we can see out during the day We then have drapes to cover up the windows at night when the light inside is greater than that outside. This seems to provide adequate privacy during the day.

An alternative would be to have tinted windows. During the day external light causes certain tinted windows to act as mirrors. At night tinted windows would allow people to see in... unless... that is... there was some source of light outside that was brighter than the light inside and then the tinted window should, again, act like a mirror and reflect that light. I think if I had tinted windows and the lighting for the room hanging from the eaves outside of the house (i.e. shining into the house from outside) it would be possible to leave the drapes open at night and still have sufficient privacy to wander around in whatever state of dress (or undress) we liked. Of course.... it might defeat the purpose since, with the external light on, you probably could not see outside at night anyway so you may as well have the drapes closed. It might extend the outside view longer during twilight (for those people who get twilight).

Ok... so it's a bit more of a technical solution to privacy but, hey, I'm a tech... and I reckon it be worth a try... sometime.
If all else fails.... read the instructions
OzTech
Native Resident

Postby varv » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:13 am

Petros wrote:And if the window is the right height, even when you stand right AT the window in plain sight nothing below the waist can be seen.

that is, if you are a man :lol:
varv
Resident

Postby varv » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:27 am

OzTech wrote:I have considered the issue of being seen naked though publicly exposed windows and it occurs to me that a couple of things could make you non-visible.

Firstly we have shear curtains that are across the window at all times so we can see out during the day We then have drapes to cover up the windows at night when the light inside is greater than that outside. This seems to provide adequate privacy during the day.

An alternative would be to have tinted windows. During the day external light causes certain tinted windows to act as mirrors. At night tinted windows would allow people to see in... unless... that is... there was some source of light outside that was brighter than the light inside and then the tinted window should, again, act like a mirror and reflect that light. I think if I had tinted windows and the lighting for the room hanging from the eaves outside of the house (i.e. shining into the house from outside) it would be possible to leave the drapes open at night and still have sufficient privacy to wander around in whatever state of dress (or undress) we liked. Of course.... it might defeat the purpose since, with the external light on, you probably could not see outside at night anyway so you may as well have the drapes closed. It might extend the outside view longer during twilight (for those people who get twilight).

Ok... so it's a bit more of a technical solution to privacy but, hey, I'm a tech... and I reckon it be worth a try... sometime.

and I proceed from the fact that educated people do not look in the window :roll:
varv
Resident

Postby varv » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:31 am

RedondoTan wrote:I But how about someone who spends nude weekends in their backyard only alone, or takes a shower and walks out back for a while? :D

I guess I'm one of them. And frankly, I don't see anything unusual about it. Here I read that some are experiencing a moment to make an effort to be seen naked, or Vice versa, offer some measures to hide personal space. I assume that decent people will not look into other people's Windows or into the cracks of the fence. And specifically being naked for someone, I think it's inappropriate. It's personal, isn't it? Don't you?
varv
Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:50 am

Varv

What is your weather like in Belarus? The map shows you to be on the same latitude lines with Great Britain. So I assume that your weather could be similar, depending on altitude.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby varv » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:05 pm

jjsledge wrote:Varv

What is your weather like in Belarus? The map shows you to be on the same latitude lines with Great Britain. So I assume that your weather could be similar, depending on altitude.

your assumptions are correct. I think the weather is the same this time of year. Here in the winter saves you the Gulf stream. We're on the continent, getting real winter.
varv
Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:30 pm

We don't get very cold winters here in the Dallas, TX area. Today, however; it will be around 100 F (38C).
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby varv » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:39 pm

it's hot. When it is very hot, it is also not very comfortable.
varv
Resident

Postby BillP73 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:27 pm

Love to be nude, especially with the local naturist group I have just joined
BillP73
Permanent Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Regarding being seen at the window, not a problem if you are in New York City. See the The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society at https://toplesspulp.com/
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:52 pm

New_Adventurer wrote:Regarding being seen at the window, not a problem if you are in New York City. See the The Outdoor Co-ed Topless Pulp Fiction Appreciation Society at https://toplesspulp.com/

New Adventurer, thanks for the link to the Topless Fiction Appreciation Society. Wonderful photos of women being nude, partal or total, without shame and without a sexual intent. So much more beautiful than 99.9% of the photos online.

I know that NYC has made the law more egalitarian, that women can go topless anywhere a man can. Im not sure that applies to being seen fully nude at your streetside window. My wife likes our livingroom window blinds open. I have to be so careful when going into that part of the house. NC laews are draconian.

Anyeay, thanks for the link. These women are definately friends to the naturist way of thinking.
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Postby Jim » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:55 pm

Dracofyre wrote:[
I know that NYC has made the law more egalitarian, that women can go topless anywhere a man can.

My understanding the law is New York State's, not New York City's.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Sun Sep 22, 2019 4:04 pm

Right, there have been a lot of legal battles recently about preemption laws, where states claim the can overrule city and county laws. For example:
https://www.citylab.com/equity/2017/06/ ... ar/530049/

I wonder if this article gets the topless issue wrong. It says it has been legal to go topless in NYC since 1992:
https://www.timeout.com/newyork/blog/fo ... nyc-082416

Anyway, women should have the right in NYC (and everywhere) and if they dont, the Top Fiction society will definately be campaigning for it.
Blessings
John
Dracofyre
Permanent Resident

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?