I wonder

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

I wonder

Postby Dracofyre » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:21 pm

Im trying to figure out why being nude makes me happy. All of my life nakedness has been shame, but now whenever I get the chance to be nude it is just joy. Is it something about breaking a rule? I dont think so, usually when I break rules I feel bad. Is it about how good it feels to feel the wind or sun on my body, but then it feels good even when there is no wind or sun. Yet it is there, whenever I am nude I feel happier and more relaxed. Where is this coming from? Any ideas?
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Re: I wonder

Postby natman » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:34 pm

For me, as a Bible-Believing Christian, it is the realization that when we are nude, we are EXACTLY as God created us to be... nothing added, naked and unashamed, in His Image and Likeness.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby BillP73 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:26 am

natman wrote:For me, as a Bible-Believing Christian, it is the realization that when we are nude, we are EXACTLY as God created us to be... nothing added, naked and unashamed, in His Image and Likeness.

:like: :like: :like:
BillP73
Permanent Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:32 am

For me it’s simply the joy of feeling nature (Air, wind, water, sunshine) on my skin. It’s about being natural and free.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:02 am

I have a theory which has no biblical support I've ever seen but that I quite like as it also touches the human desire to improve things for ourselves & those around us.

I wonder if, in some deep part of the human spirit, we know, however vaguely, what we have fallen from? If so, that warm inner glow one perceives when naked, especially outdoors, & the strong sense of wholesomeness that accompanies it, is it a deep seated, almost impossible to articulate, understanding that this is how things should be. Natman is right when he says as Christians we know this is how it should be but not all naturists are Christians nor are all Christians naturists.

Which begs the somewhat mischievous question, 'Are clothes & all that goes with them another scheme of the enemy to separate us further from God?' Answers on a postcard...

Anyway, just a random thought.
Graham
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:34 pm

Do y'all experience a relief, an immediate relaxation when you drop your clothes? For me this happens almost everytime. It often surprises me, like "Oh yes, that's right, being nude is like this."
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:36 pm

Oops, duplicate post
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:06 am

Dracofyre wrote:Do y'all experience a relief, an immediate relaxation when you drop your clothes? For me this happens almost everytime. It often surprises me, like "Oh yes, that's right, being nude is like this."

Yep. It feels like I am acting the way I'm meant to, that I'm created for.
Jim
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:01 pm

I think you are right. Something inside knows that we are made for nudity. Im just more relaxed and happier this way. I lacked that insight for 64 years of my life ( though not completely, I recall many risky furtive attempts at nudity from my earliest years). Sigh, sad that it took so long to discover this blessing.

I have to wonder if there are other things, other delights, that I have been taught are wrong. I know the Bible pretty well, so Im not talking about things that are forbidden because God knows that they would damage my soul, or do harm to others. Im talking about things that are perfectly fine but Ive been taught was wrong. Masturbation comes to mind (another thread). But if there are two such clear examples, what other things are there?
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:00 am

Yes, for me it is an internal YES. I realized that very eaerly, currently get little chance to implemet it - but it remains very fresh.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Lionheart » Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:17 am

This is a great line of thinking. There are so many thoughts I have here. A simple explanation for me is that of fear vs Love, or Lies vs Truth. When naked I feel I am putting off the lie or fear of what people think and the wrong thoughts about the body being bad (gnostic). The enemy wants us to think it is bad and stay bound in the fear and lies. Being naked, especially with other believing brothers, is to experience the love and truth of the Father. Setting aside the weight that so easily entangles to run with the Truth. Our spirits groan within us to be free. All of nature joins in the desire for that day of wholeness. Nudity for me, especially in community and nature, is to experience the full love of our Father. My spirit testifies, my soul rejoices, my body responds in kind.
Run Wild|Live Free|Love Strong
Lionheart
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:27 pm

Well said. I sense that God does not only allow our nudity but approves. Jesus says in Revelation, "Behold I make all things new" and here he is renewing us, returning us to the light Eden saw play. Nude, open, revealed and unashamed. I have yet to experience what it is like to be nude with Christian brothers, but I imagine that it would be enlightening. I sicerely hope that the white robes of heaven are His righteousness covering our sins but not our bodies. Interesting that that was CSLewis' description in The Great Divorce.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Oct 24, 2019 9:58 pm

If we are supposed to be like little children - who is most at ease in the uncovered body?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Dracofyre » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:06 am

So true, my 7 yo grandson is the only other nudist in the house. And many great insights here, but it still surprises me how nice it feels every time I drop my clothes. A bit sad that it took so many years to discover this. Edenic innocence.
Dracofyre
Native Resident

Return to Are you a naturist?