Hello from South Louisianna

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Hello from South Louisianna

Postby Hymie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:49 pm

I am nearing the age of 60, have been a christian since age 9, married for 40 years, and practicing naturism secretly for about 3 years. I am active in my local church and well known in my community. My wife has been a christian as long as I have and knows that I dislike wearing clothes but does not know the extent of my nakedness nor will she join in. I have never been to any social naturist venue but am curious. I look forward to reading the forums for advice, your experiences, and just general fellowship with you all.
Hymie
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:55 pm

Hello, Hymie! We're glad you found us, and we pray that soon your wife will understand more about us.

[Councillor's note: I moved your first post from the "Please Introduce Yourself" forum here to the "Are You a Naturist" forum. Our Terms of Service prohibit discussion of naturism in the first two forums; we feel that getting to know each other as Christian brothers first disarms the protests of many non-naturist Christians. I hope you don't mind.]
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:49 pm

Welcome to the Village, Hymie. I'm a 62-year-old who has been saved for 45 years. I have two grown daughters in their 30's and four grandkids. I also live full time in a nudist resort and can answer pretty much any questions you have about it. There is nothing in the Bible that teaches against non-sexual social nudity. The problem is that many (especially Christians) don't believe there IS such a thing as non-sexual nudity.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby SteveNTL » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:44 pm

Hi, Hymie. WELCOME to the village. Hope to see you enter right in - it's a great bunch of folks.

Steve
SteveNTL
Native Resident

Postby bullet » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:16 pm

Welcome Hymie, Glad you found the village. I can assure you, you're in the right place for questions and great fellowship. Many of our wives feel the same way as yours, and many of us are able to enjoy the freedom of being nude only at home, and often in secret as well. Please let us get to know you and hear more about your life, the non-nude part as well as the nude.
bullet
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Howdy Hymie, from Houston Texas.

I have friends and family down in South Louisiana. Believe me, as humid as it gets here in Houston, the humidity in South Louisiana would make me want to get undressed all the more. Just think of the A/C bills you could save.

At any rate, there are a good number of strong Christian men and women, some clergy here in the Village that you can pose questions to and get some pretty reasonable answers. We are also a fun-loving, or should I say "pun-loving" group.

Stick around and get to know us and visa-versa.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Alfie » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Welcome Hymie
I live in Australia with my lovely textile wife who tolerates my nudity around the house and is happy for me to visit resorts and nude beaches as she knows that I love to do things naked so much. But I fear she will never free herself from the bondage of textilism (new word?!).
I plan to find more place to camp in the bush where we can enjoy the outdoors as we both like to.
When the weather is suitable I jog nude for exercise and hike nude too.
Don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind
Alfie
Native Resident

Postby NewTexan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:15 am

Welcome Hymie from Victoria Texas. I know the feeling because my wife not join me either, her strict upbringing you didn't see anybody without clothes on. I hope that you enjoy it here and I'm sure that you can get answers to any of ur question, because there are a great bunch of christians here that are willing to help you along.
NewTexan
Native Resident

Postby Hymie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:36 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. Sorry for the faux pas. I can see how someone (like my wife) would be turned off from the get go reading introductions like that. It seems very nice here. I think I will stay for quit a while.
Hymie
Native Resident

Postby Strandloper » Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi, Hymie –
you are by no means alone in being a nudist with a textile wife. I have great difficulty with mine.
But I will persevere.
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby Hymie » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:02 pm

Hi back to you, Srandloper.

Thanks for your replies in both threads. I think my wife is more funny than difficult. I think she would be a naturist too if not for her overwhelming fear of being seen by someone who would think less of her. I have the same fear to a lesser degree. Our life would be turned upside down where people that I work with or go to church with or family to found out about my proclivity to be nude. She likes nudity in a way but the fear of my being caught that way keeps her from enjoying it. I can dispell the fear with caution. She cannot get passed the fear.
Hymie
Native Resident

Postby nudjohn » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:46 pm

Hey! I have been away a while... but am in and out now... I am in the BR area... send me a private message if you want to chat...
nudjohn
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:09 pm

Sometimes having your life turned upside down is not such a bad thing. 8) Father God, bless our brother Hymie and his wife, and comfort them regarding this lifestyle so that their fears are manageable. In Jesus' name, Amen.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Strandloper » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Amen to that, Jochanaan.
Shalom,
Strandloper
Strandloper
Native Resident

Postby Hymie » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:26 pm

Thank you, Jochanaan, for that wonderful prayer and you, Strandloper, for the amen. The prayer, however, is very scarey itself.

As I have mentioned, we have been married for 40 years and we have been active members of our local church for 37 years. I would not want to sever those ties, be a stubling block to those who look up to us, strain relations with my family, or loose my job because it was found out that I am a naturist. That is what I mean by life upside down. I love my family, I love my church, and I love my Lord more that I love to be naked. If I have to make a choice, I'll keep my clothes on.

My prayer is that I can continue to practice the naturism I have been doing with out being found out. My hope is to some day have the opportunity to try social naturism without being found out. The miracle you could pray for for me would be that my wife would join me.
Hymie
Native Resident

Next

Return to Are you a naturist?