Meeting Locals

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Meeting Locals

Postby jxnfireman2 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:30 pm

How do I find other nudist in my area, Mississippi
jxnfireman2
Resident

Re: Meeting Locals

Postby imnakedtoo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:51 pm

I dont know but when you find out let me know I live in alabama and it hard to find nudist here too. I think it A bible belt thing. Not all christains think the same way we do and it a shame.
imnakedtoo
Resident

Postby goodneighbor1 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:02 pm

I'm from Mississippi.
goodneighbor1
New Comer

Postby natman » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:36 pm

Howdy Goodneighbor1 and welcome to the "Village".

I am a mod/admin/owner here as well.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby nakedpreacher » Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:03 pm

You can search through the members tab to find those who have provided their location but there are m any who do not give that info.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:56 pm

I'm local...... that is, if you live in South Jersey.

Just throwin' it out there... :biggrin:
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:18 pm

So I went to the members pages,
I clicked on the word location
of the nearly 30 pages and 1466 members, only the last 10 pages had any location information.

I then used my browser's search in page feature to search for "Miss" assuming that this would get that abbreviation as well as the state name
I found only 4 who had that search term in their location information.
-- goodneighbor1..... Last Post: Jul 13, 2015
-- nudjohn..... Last Post: Jan 16, 2010
-- Clif..... Last Post: Sep 19, 2007
-- stillseeking..... Last Post: Dec 10, 2010

I repeated the search using the abbreviation MS and picked up only one more:
-- keyman1202..... Last Post: Apr 21, 2009

The original poster was: jxnfireman2 and only his post noted he was from mississippi
-- jxnfireman2 ..... Last Post: Aug 20, 2010
(All of his 10 posts were that day suggesting that he is perhaps one of those "10 post wonders" just trying to get gallery access.)

So judging by those last post dates goodneighbor1 is likely the only Mississippian active here.

I think I did that searchright.

So look on the bright side goodneighbor1
You are unique and special as the only apparant Mississippian here
But you don't have to be in the same state to be considered as a neighbor to the rest of us other than being in the state of nudity from time to time. :lol:

If folks would put in a bit more data and there were a few more specific columns the searching would be easier.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:53 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:So judging by those last post dates goodneighbor1 is likely the only Mississippian active here.

I would probably guess otherwise. Unfortunately, MOST people do not state their location (I am trying to figure out a way to FORCE people to list their country and state or region at registration). Considering how the climate in Mississippi is conducive to naturism (as are most southern US states), I would say that the probability that there are a much larger collection of members who are also from Mississippi is quite good. Whether they are active or not is another question.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:00 am

natman wrote:...Considering how the climate in Mississippi is conducive to naturism (as are most southern US states)...
The physical climate, yes--but what about the intellectual climate? I've gotten the impression that being known as a nudist in many circles there is tantamount to being known as a prostitute... :?:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:13 pm

natman wrote:..... Unfortunately, MOST people do not state their location (I am trying to figure out a way to FORCE people to list their country and state or region at registration). Considering how the climate in Mississippi is conducive to naturism (as are most southern US states), I would say that the probability that there are a much larger collection of members who are also from Mississippi is quite good. Whether they are active or not is another question.

I guess I have said it before, but the Fig Leaf forum used to have a map which had dots wherever there was a member, but if people would just give state and any "nearby town" (not necessarily even their own town) people could look it up on one of the online map services. It would be nice to know people's approximate locations. It could foster more unity among us, and it could be a way to meet up and develop friendships.

For instance I could give my approximate location as "Sleeper, Missouri" which is nearby with no intervening towns between it and my rural location. and it would be a good point to exit the interstate for anyone coming to visit me. (See Attached Image) It is not part of my mailing address so it gives away nothing of my exact location. It gives away little that would compromise my privacy but enough that it represents my location sufficient to indicate the practicality of meeting up with fellow naturists or the practicality of route planning for someone to bring in their RV or tent to save a night's lodging costs on a trip, if Personal Messages and a search of my posts or the recommendations of others indicates that would be a good idea. (With over1600 posts on this site alone I think someone could get a good Idea of what I really am. :wink: ) If people would give the name of a town that is within a 10 mile radius, It only locates them within about 314 square miles. So it is not like giving away one's address to every creep and ghoul in the country. John Kundert of Fig Leaf Forum, (when it had its "meet" feature), recommended the first meeting to be a some such place as a local restaurant for an initial personal contact. You can size up a person pretty well chatting over a cup of coffee, and I also take my wife along as she is a good judge of character, and a reference for me. Meeting at an easy to locate venue (Sleeper has one public accomodation, a Gas station/cafe), so that also has the advantage of avoiding getting lost which is all the more important in my case because:
a. There are enough twists and turns and different roads that it is easy to get lost.
b. The cell phone connectivity here (and maybe most of rural Missouri is somewhere between very bad and non existent.
c. There has not been one GPS system I have seen yet that does not put visitors about a mile from here in front of a pasture that is home to goats and cows
d. The house numbers along this road are totally scrambled as if they were simply assigned at random.

But getting back to the real advantage of sharing locational information; I think that flocking together with other birds of a feather is a way that we can strengthen the fellowship of Naturists in general and Christian Naturists in particular. Society today isolates good people from one another, and I think that social instability in these times is increasing and anything that we can do to increase a sense of trustworthy community should be considered.
Attachments
Sleeper.jpg
Sleeper.jpg (135.52 KiB) Viewed 3890 times
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:25 pm

jochanaan wrote:[.....I've gotten the impression that being known as a nudist in many circles there is tantamount to being known as a prostitute... :?:

Well that may not be all bad .........
Matthew, in chapter 21, was quoting Jesus when he wrote:31....Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you, the tax collectors and the harlots go before you into the kingdom of God. (Green's Literal Version)

:mrgreen:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:05 am

Bare_Truth wrote:
jochanaan wrote:[.....I've gotten the impression that being known as a nudist in many circles there is tantamount to being known as a prostitute... :?:

Well that may not be all bad .........
Matthew, in chapter 21, was quoting Jesus when he wrote:31....Jesus said to them, Truly I say to you, the tax collectors and the harlots go before you into the kingdom of God. (Green's Literal Version)

:mrgreen:

:like: :mrgreen:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Are you a naturist?