Enjoy being nude.

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Enjoy being nude.

Postby leif1234 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:33 pm

I like skinny dipping in a secluded pond
leif1234
New Comer

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:32 am

leif1234 wrote:I like skinny dipping in a secluded pond
Well my pond is nice and roomy (1.8 Acres), somewhat secluded, at least from the road if not from the house and side yard. and I find the idea of skinny dipping is quite attractive, but in spite of their reputation for being very shy when in the water, I do still worry about those Snapping Turtles :!: :shock: :!: ...... It is a phenomenon akin to how people avoided the ocean beaches after seeing the movie "Jaws"
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:53 pm

I have often heard about how painful a snapping turtle bite can be, but I have never encountered someone who has actually been bitten by one.

Hopefully their natural reaction is to swim the other way when you are in the water.

It would be very scary if they thought certain parts of your body for a tasty worm. (According to Wikipedia, snapping turtles are "Snapping turtles are omnivores, consuming both plant and animal matter, and are important aquatic scavengers; but they are also active hunters that prey on anything they can swallow, including many invertebrates, fish, frogs, reptiles (including snakes and smaller turtles), unwary birds, and small mammals."

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_snapping_turtle
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:32 pm

natman wrote:I have often heard about how painful a snapping turtle bite can be, but I have never encountered someone who has actually been bitten by one.
That is probably because if you encounter one on land where you can clearly see them, they make an immediate impression that they are a force to be reckoned with. According to what I have read they can get up to 90 pounds and the Alligator Snapping turtle up to 140!

natman wrote:Hopefully their natural reaction is to swim the other way when you are in the water.
According to what I read, that is supposed to be their nature. Slow and awkward on land they can move swiftly in the water and apparently prefer not to take on big things there.

natman wrote:It would be very scary if they thought certain parts of your body for a tasty worm.
I did say that I worry about them ....... :shock:
natman wrote:According to Wikipedia, ....they are also active hunters that prey on anything they can swallow, including many invertebrates, fish, frogs, reptiles (including snakes and smaller turtles), unwary birds, and small mammals."
I have seen a Goose with her little goslings swimming in a line behind her and all of a sudden the last one in the line is pulled under, and then the next and then ..... :shock:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Barefoot-Steel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:47 am

JimShedd112 wrote:I wear clothes as little as possible, from the time I get home until I go out. As far as the front yard or down the street to the mailbox, it's a pair of shorts opened as far as possible without them falling off, or a bath towel wrapped round the waist. So far, no negative feedback from anyone.

Jim
Livin' naked and free

:bow: Way cool, Jim. GMTA I thought I was the only one who did that same thing with the shorts or bath wrap when checking my mail or getting the newspaper. In my neighborhood about the biggest reaction I've ever gotten from anyone is when a neighbor grinned at me and said, "Man, I think you must be the most no-shirt & barefoot going dude I've ever seen in my life". He sometimes speaks to me "through" the privacy fence and I can't help but wonder what his reaction will be if he ever hops up and looks across it ... he'll see more bare skin than just my chest and feet ... that's a bridge that'll be crossed when it happens, though. Blessings in our Lord, Jim L.
"This is the day that the Lord hath made ... I will rejoice and be glad in it."
"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace..." Romans 10:15
Sincerely, Jim (Barefoot-Steel) :-)
Barefoot-Steel
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:39 am

In this day and age of texting, all the abbreviations can be confusing. So, when I saw GMTA It did not occur to me that it meant Great Minds Think Alike. I found that definition only by looking it up. Since this strip has the theme of being nude as much as possible and since many posts are about "pushing the limits" a bit. The only thing that the context suggested to me was Got My Tail Arrested :shock:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Barefoot-Steel » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:30 pm

Bare_Truth wrote:Since this strip has the theme of being nude as much as possible and since many posts are about "pushing the limits" a bit. The only thing that the context suggested to me was Got My Tail Arrested

I never realized it, but I guess I have been inducted into that "text crowd" that uses abbreviations automatically ... I'll have to try to avoid those internet abbreviations more ... but I have to say that your interpretation of GMTA (got my tail arrested) made me laugh out loud ... I would never have thought of GMTA with that particular meaning. :lol:

Jim
"How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace..." Romans 10:15
Barefoot-Steel
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:52 am

My "shorts" are an old pair of cut-offs with the side seams ripped up to the waist band and the crotch cut out. This leaves a flap in front and a flap in back that still looks like a pair of shorts. Put keys in my pockets when the wind blows. Also have another pair that do not have the crotch cut out.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Barefoot-Steel » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:51 am

jjsledge wrote:My "shorts" are an old pair of cut-offs with the side seams ripped up to the waist band and the crotch cut out. This leaves a flap in front and a flap in back that still looks like a pair of shorts.

That is so wild, but cool ... I have two pairs of cut-offs done exactly the same way. I never thought of putting keys in my pockets on a windy day, though. I also have a pair of boxers that I've done the same thing to. :)
Barefoot-Steel
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:59 am

Thanks Jim for your comments and the GMTA. Unfortunately I've had to curb my manner of dress and nudity because of my wife's reactions.

I read your story of your introduction to naturism elsewhere and enjoyed it very much. I hope to read more as time goes on.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:27 am

jjsledge wrote:My "shorts" are an old pair of cut-offs with the side seams ripped up to the waist band and the crotch cut out. This leaves a flap in front and a flap in back that still looks like a pair of shorts. Put keys in my pockets when the wind blows. Also have another pair that do not have the crotch cut out.
It appears that you are describing a pair of "emergency shorts", a form of garment for naturists who must cover up to a level of minimal textile acceptability. I suppose one could say that they perform a function similar to a Breech Cloth.

I also have some shorts strategically placed so that if need be I can slip them on to answer the door should the need arise. But perhaps one of those pairs is a little more sophisticated than the others. Access to my house is not particularly well screened, and to get to the woodland trails i have to cross a grassy field for about 150 yards,to the gate to the woods At the gate I have stashed a pair of shorts. If my wife wishes to alert me that someone is present she hangs out a red flag from the corner of the deck, and I can see this from considerable distance. The shorts are tightly rolled and stuffed in a 3 lb plastic coffey can. I made the mistake of leaving an old leather belt in them and some animal smelled the leather, opened the can and ate much of the belt. But then I put in a nylon belt. However these shorts were made by cutting off an old pair of faded Khaki pants. Their advantage is that should I be spied afar across the grassy field I can go put these on and their color is very close to my skin tone. Thereby giving me a "plausible denyability" as to whether I was actually nude when seen. I consider that a reasonable precaution given the "conventional textile conservativism" of some of my neighbors.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:47 pm

How about a kilt?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:06 pm

Wow 1st day of Spring and a whole full morning of freehiking the hills without incident. I carry a pair of short running shorts that have the silk lining removed just in case I run into anyone. They are very baggy in the legs (being running shorts) and slip over tennis shoe very quickly. Anyway, beautiful warm day to be hiking backwoods naked and workin things out with the Man above. Oh, and I also got to drive to the main road naked...it was fun :)
I do practice safe freehiking:

1) 1st to the parking lot.
2) 1st to hit the trails.
3) only one way into the trails and some are dead end.
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:18 am

New_Adventurer wrote:How about a kilt?

I was just holding my breath waiting for that.

I'm starting to wonder if Herself would let me get away with it.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:44 am

Petros wrote:
New_Adventurer wrote:How about a kilt?

I was just holding my breath waiting for that.

I'm starting to wonder if Herself would let me get away with it.
Just don't get yourself kilt. :mrgreen:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Are you a naturist?