walking nude on public trails

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: walking nude on public trails

Postby Petros » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:32 am

Romanian is intriguing stuff. The opposite of French, which is much easier to read than to hear - accidentally tuned in to Romanian radio [in Detroit] - found I was following it much better than had it been printed.

There is a dissertation lurking there somewhere.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:17 pm

Petros wrote:Romanian is intriguing stuff. The opposite of French, which is much easier to read than to hear - accidentally tuned in to Romanian radio [in Detroit] - found I was following it much better than had it been printed.

Maybe we should all learn Esperanto and bring common sense back to the spoken and written word.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
Petros wrote:Romanian is intriguing stuff. The opposite of French, which is much easier to read than to hear - accidentally tuned in to Romanian radio [in Detroit] - found I was following it much better than had it been printed.

Maybe we should all learn Esperanto and bring common sense back to the spoken and written word.
Where's the fun in common sense? :biggrin:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:50 pm

jochanaan wrote:Where's the fun in common sense? :biggrin:

The goal is communication and people miss out on the fun when they don't understand one another.

Although I have had European girlfriends who make charming mistakes with the English language.
Sometimes I think they know how cute and exotic a girl from across the seas can be, so they hang onto some of those malapropisms.

I don't know if they are equally delighted by my fumbling attempts at their unpronounceable words and odd figures of speech.

I recall many a time when I carefully recite a phrase in their native tongue and boast, "Well, now I could walk the streets of your home town and pass as a native".

She would giggle and say, "Ja! Until you open your mouth!"
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:35 am

["Maybe we should all learn Esperanto and bring common sense back to the spoken and written word.]

[Where's the fun in common sense?]

A. as lifelong [close enough] linguist and creator of he ultimate artificial language, I am qualified to state that Esperanto is NOT a route to common sense. Not, admittedly as bad as Volapük, but no artificial language [not even Tolkien's creations, masterly though they be]- and no interlanguage is adequate for normal communication - untill people have been speaking it as their home language for enoughh yerars, by which time it is spoiled as a universasl tongue.

B. What is so common about common sense?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:08 am

Petros wrote:.... What is so common about common sense?
Perhaps it is that it is so readily and easily understood, but sadly, so often, only in retrospect, as in:
"Oh, that is why I should not try to pet the black kitty with the pretty white stripe!
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:32 am

Petros wrote:A. as lifelong [close enough] linguist and creator of he ultimate artificial language...
???
Petros wrote:B. What is so common about common sense?
Not much, especially these days. :roll:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby MoNatureMan » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:45 pm

Bare_Truth
"Oh, that is why I should not try to pet the black kitty with the pretty white stripe!

Give them a break.
I hear they make great pets, and besides that, you will never have to worry about burglars.
They are also a great mouser. Better than a cat any day.

In Him
Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:11 pm

My closest encounter with thed grumpy but attractive mustelid was my least nude [relative to he weather] day ever. Out where we are, we have some critter issues, among them woodchucks who like to undermine our domain - which we do not encourage.

So I set out a havaheart or two, catch a few and move thedm far enough they may go leave us alone. Well, one VERY warm summer day I went to check the trap line. Saw one was occupied. Got close enough to see what was there. Problem . What do we do now? NOT walk up and let him out, surely the cute critter will thank mer for releasing it.
NOT pick up the trap and move him off the property as I would a woodchuck. Not [I am a humane human] leave him there indefinitely.

I went out, bought a cheap plastic rain suit - pants, hooded jacket. Plastic bag LOOSELy over my face. Walked up [VERY hot huimid day, VERY hot humid costume] released the beast. I do NOT think he sprayed - the spoty around the cage was pungent quite a while, and I think he had temporarily exhausted his supply. Walked away, CAREFULLY removed the plastic suit. It was a tad smelly a while, but eventually wore off - if it happens again. I will be ready.

I believer in skunks - in their place, which is not my place.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby twist3d » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:40 am

This topic appears to of gotten off track just a tad.. lol

Anyways the last public trail that I walked nude on was one that isn't far from my house and I was nude on it for about 30 mins or so before I decided to throw back on my shorts. Good thing because right after I had shorts back on a running came through right past me.

I posted this photo below on twitter here
twist3d
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:01 am

Beautiful country in Iowa. A lot of people think it's all farmland. Kansas, not far from me, also has lots of hills, valleys, woodlots, creek bottoms, etc., and not at all the stereotypical wheat and corn fields people envision when you mention that state. On the other hand, Missouri's largest ag crop is soybeans (or used to be), not at all what one would think of in a state where the Ozarks meets the Great Plains.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby webmeister » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 pm

Ramblinman wrote:I know a guy who spent time in prison for walking nude on a public trail here in National Forest land.
I would like to praise France for their better attitude about the body.

That is scary Ramblin. Just read your post from a few years ago. Not sure if you know all the details and circumstances or not but I wonder if there might be something else involved, such as giving a Ranger a bad time or ?
It is such a joy and adventure to be nude in the wilderness, and quite a shame to have to worry about it...darn it anyway!
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
webmeister
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:40 pm

There's a large lake not far from me that had an unofficial naturist setting a good piece off the road (I spent some beautiful days there). LEO's started patrolling and simply told people to get dressed and stay dressed. However, a few guys decided to run when the LEO's showed up and they were arrested for some reason... but those who talked to the officers simply got dressed and all was well (my guess is that they covered up when the LEO's came calling, a prudent move in any setting). Too bad it closed down but it was never officially "open." To quote webmeister, "Darn it anyway!"
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby dv8 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:26 pm

twist3d wrote:This topic appears to of gotten off track just a tad.. lol

Anyways the last public trail that I walked nude on was one that isn't far from my house and I was nude on it for about 30 mins or so before I decided to throw back on my shorts. Good thing because right after I had shorts back on a running came through right past me....

Nice shot, Matt. I notice from your Twitter account that someone asked how far you were from your clothes...? Is this shot just posed with your stuff just out of view, or did you leave them some place and returned to them (in the nick of time, it seems)?
dv8
Native Resident

Postby twist3d » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:22 pm

dv8 wrote:
twist3d wrote:This topic appears to of gotten off track just a tad.. lol

Anyways the last public trail that I walked nude on was one that isn't far from my house and I was nude on it for about 30 mins or so before I decided to throw back on my shorts. Good thing because right after I had shorts back on a running came through right past me....

Nice shot, Matt. I notice from your Twitter account that someone asked how far you were from your clothes...? Is this shot just posed with your stuff just out of view, or did you leave them some place and returned to them (in the nick of time, it seems)?

I was walking the trail with my camera gear nude while trying to capture photos of nature (i also captured that photo of myself) but I was carrying my shorts with me that I could slip on over my shoes.
twist3d
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Are you a naturist?