walking nude on public trails

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: walking nude on public trails

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Here's the story: Appenzell

I do not give up hope for these people, but they push back when they feel threatened.
A more gentle approach is better.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Johannes_1965 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:16 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Here's the story: Appenzell

I do not give up hope for these people, but they push back when they feel threatened.
A more gentle approach is better.

Thanks, that's clearer now. I could imagine that the Appenzell naturist inviting for hikes in his region is at the origin of the trouble. Of course naturists should have consideration for those who probably don't want to see them and avoid visible, frequented paths. In the Pyrenees that's perfectly possible.
Even though common hikes give a social note to the experience, they may also lead to a less respectful behavior relying on protection by the crowd. I'd like to make the experience of a common hike some time in Germany (they even offer common bike tours in Bavaria along the Isar), but only on very low frequented paths.
Johannes
"I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit..."
(John 15,5)
Johannes_1965
Native Resident

Postby loki987 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:05 pm

Wow, could that be illegal to do?
loki987
Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:53 am

Only if someone complains, usually.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby RobNKim » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:50 pm

My two cent FWIW.

I use to be an avid hiker and have ran into nude hikers in Mount Zion National Park in Utah, was impressed and Blessed at the time. But a couple weeks later heard of someone going to jail in Utah for the same.

Next in Europe from what I remember was a totally different approach to the nude body than as we see it. Open sun bathers in Munich's largest park. I have seen whole families arrive at a beach in work clothes & school attire and change into swim wear at the beach in the open.

At a Closed (as in Walled in) Lake in Florida near Jacksonville Fla I went to a Nude beach for the first time was really exciting and embarrassing at the same time (20 full of hormones) thought I could understand the reason for the Wall. I don't even know if Lake Budweiser even exist today.

Today looking back I see it as willing to go that extra step keeping the faith even if you have to put up walls.. or the Romans will burn you at the stake or even feed you to the lions. :)

I would love to join in on a Hike in the Alps be it in France, Italy, or Switzerland. But being a marter for more freedom may just go too far..esp for someone with a family.. Now as far as scripture goes it would take some deep digging. and many hours of research.
RobNKim
New Comer

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 pm

thomas wrote:... our group (15 people, mostly families with children) walk in th nude on public trails in the moutains - we think that it's very confortable- our body us exposed to the sun und the nature-

sometimes we meet clothed people on the trails - the discussion is about the naturist way of live - we explain why we are naturist and excited the curiosity.
what do you think about this?

A. There is safety in numbers
B. Mixed gender groups are less threatening when encountered than one or more guys
C. People who hike mountain trails are generally more open minded and can understand a commitment to nature over conventional social norms.
D. I think you are lucky to have had very positive experiences.
E. I envy your experience.
F. I hope it continues and some freaking busy body does not report you for being some perverted cult that endangers children sexually and finds a sympathetic ear with child protective services.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:27 am

Even family nudity is illegal on national forest trails in the Southeastern US. While there is no federal nudity law, each regional forest service administrator can establish ordinances to allow or prohibit nudity in some or all of the national forest.

Off-trail and out of sight of trails, court cases have established that people who are nude have an expectation of privacy, therefore people who are offended when they stumble upon a nude person deep in the woods off-trail, must not expect much sympathy from a judge unless there is also offensive behavior in addition to the nudity.

On-trail, complaints are prosecuted. I know a local guy who went to jail for simple nudity but as I said in previous posts, he was nude on-trail.

But legal considerations aside, Bare_Truth makes good points about safety in numbers and the more benign appearance of mixed group nudity, particularly entire families with children, all nude.
Passers by are far more likely to conclude "nudists" rather than "scary naked flasher/stalker man"
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby twist3d » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:11 pm

I often enjoy walking nude on some public trails too.
twist3d
Native Resident

Postby Robert3034 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:31 pm

I can say that my ex-wife and I hiked nude in Ohio several times. We have encountered people, but really tried to avoid such confrontations and would normally only hike on trails that we were fairly sure were vacant. However, we weren't always successful. :)

Robert
Robert3034
Resident

Postby twist3d » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:33 pm

Robert3034 wrote:I can say that my ex-wife and I hiked nude in Ohio several times. We have encountered people, but really tried to avoid such confrontations and would normally only hike on trails that we were fairly sure were vacant. However, we weren't always successful. :)

Robert

What did you do when you have encountered people? I honestly can't say I know what I would do if I encountered somebody while I was out hiking nude on some public trails. :oops:
twist3d
Native Resident

Postby RobNKim » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:12 am

If the people smiled they were friendly.. I would say 9 out of ten.. one hostile person said you ruin this for everyone You two are filthy As*&holes.. But the Lady with Him said "Harold they are not hurting anyone and they look nice together." In Zion National park Utah it was cool. Rabbit Ears pass Colorado headed North For a week We came across a couple.. doing.. that was different
RobNKim
New Comer

Postby jochanaan » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Perhaps we should pray for a Herald Angel to speak to Harold. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm

jochanaan wrote:Perhaps we should pray for a Herald Angel to speak to Harold. :D

I think she already has, now he only needs to listen! :D
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:52 pm

jochanaan wrote:Perhaps we should pray for a Herald Angel to speak to Harold. :D

I assume you are referring to Hark.

You know. Hark, the Harold Angel. :biggrin:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:21 pm

I nobly withstood temptation and did not go there.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Are you a naturist?