what am I doing here?

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

what am I doing here?

Postby DaveT » Mon May 21, 2012 1:10 am

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Having been raised and educated in conservative Christianity all my life. I had heard of naturism on rare occasions but always thought it was the realm of lust and sin. So I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around the idea. However on the other hand I've always done it on my own when isolated from others in walking the woods or working in back fields with a tractor or hand work when the chance of company was virtually nonexistent. Can you imagine cutting timber with a big chainsaw, draggin it out with a tractor and loading on a truck, naked? I done it many times. (selling timber has been my main backup income when other things didn't pay) I often wondered if going naked were OK, or a bad thing to do. But it always feels so good to be fully exposed to the air and sunshine. I'll have to discuss the specifics more later when I can figure out how and where.
I got caught at it once when a friend came looking for me as I was mowing hay in a back field, I quickly put on shorts and mentioned I liked to get plenty of sunshine, he didn't care and went on with what he wanted. (he was a 'namm vet and has since passed on, but I have confidence I'll meet him again, since he loved Jesus, and my neighbor told me his bible and bible lesson book were open on his desk after he was taken to the hospital ill and never recovered.)

Recently I saw mention of "naked gardening day" and that got me started investigating. Soon I came across a full description of the way naturist groups operate and especially the Christian version. And it wasn't at all like I'd imagined. Then the strong impression came to me that here are people needing the gospel just as surely as any other people group out there. And joining them in their favorite activity may not be sin after all. After all that's one of the main ways Jesus met people, join in their social activities and reach them where they're at with a common interest. I realize many people are unable to separate nakedness and lust/sin in their minds, because of the way our society ties the two together so tightly. But they need and should be seperated, lust and the lustful exploitation of nakedness thrown out as detestable with nakedness left as it should be, and for the most part used to be long ago, unsexualized, no big deal. I think it's the work of the devil to have it all mixed up. It's an extension of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. We need to keep the good and throw the evil out with decisive determination.

But still, doing it socially is a new idea to my mind and I'm having a hard time digesting it. Fist I have to make sure there's no sin involved, not even a trace, and no leading in that direction, because I hate sin, not as much as I want to, but will take every opportunity to hate it more, because it killed my Lord in a most awful way, and hurts us as well. While I love sinners with greater intensity because He died to rescue us from sin. So after reading a lot of material I decide to start discussing a thing or two. RDT
DaveT
Native Resident

Re: what am I doing here?

Postby Larryk1052 » Mon May 21, 2012 7:06 am

Welcome to the forum. I, too, enjoy working and hiking naked. My limited experience at nudist resort has been positive with no hint of sexual immorality. Make sure you go to an aanr resort. There are resorts out there that used to be good nudist resorts, but they have moved away from the ideals of nudism.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon May 21, 2012 10:33 am

Welcome, Dave. I have no experience with resorts but over the last two years have attended a total of four nude social gatherings. I did not see a hint of sexual behavior at anyof them.

You certainly may have the oportunity to minister to some in a resort setting. Some resorts, in fact, have chapels on the grounds or hold services in the outdoors, according to wht I've read.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby nudist2011 » Mon May 21, 2012 11:54 am

Welcome Dave to CNV may you enjoy your stay. I've visited two nudist resorts that were AANR and TNS. So no signs of any sexual activities at all. Fred R. Rome, NY
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon May 21, 2012 3:27 pm

Dave, hopefully this site and it's members will be able to show you that there is no sin in simple nudity, regardless of whether it is social or not.

Please take some time and read through all of the posts in the "Nudity and the Bible" forums viewforum.php?f=71

That should answer most of your questions.

You can also ask any of us whatever you would like.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby jochanaan » Mon May 21, 2012 4:03 pm

Hello, DaveT, and welcome! I can add my experiences to the "pile" of evidence that naturism is in fact clean, holy and healing to both body and soul. I've been doing it for nearly nine years and, like the others, have never seen (although I've heard about) it being misused. It is indeed possible to separate nudity from sexual temptation in our minds; not only possible, but surprisingly easy! :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri May 25, 2012 1:26 am

Welcome to the Village, Dave.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:58 pm

Well; as time passes and my mind gets used to it, I guess I'm about ready to call myself a naturist. Although terms and titles for something that used to be nothing but normal everyday life long ago seems out of place to some extent, but I guess since the old practice has become not so mainstream, a name for it is called for. I'm spending at least some time almost every day naked when working, several hours in the mid day today with raking and bailing hay.
With the clear indisputable evidence in my own experience now that proves the practice of naturism is very beneficial to the mind, spiritually mentally and morally. I can go for it with a clear conscious.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:54 pm

Welcome, Dave, to naturism/nudism my friend.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby natman » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:54 am

DaveT wrote:Although terms and titles for something that used to be nothing but normal everyday life long ago seems out of place to some extent,...

I agree. To me, being nude is simply to "be"... nothing added, like all the rest of God's creations. Perhaps a better term might be the made-up word, "be-ist". That is one reason that I believe that laws against mere nudity are unconstitutional. How can we make it illegal for someone to simply "be" who and what they were created?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Bare_Truth » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:52 am

DaveT wrote:...... Soon I came across a full description of the way naturist groups operate and especially the Christian version. And it wasn't at all like I'd imagined. Then the strong impression came to me that here are people needing the gospel just as surely as any other people group out there. ....
Well, Dave, that is not an unreasonable observation, but it is at severe risk of being misconstrued! While you are in this particular venue where Christian theology is often discussed from various viewpoints, you may have to settle for a Proverbs 27:17 situation
Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
where what you are doing is "comparative theology" in which the main benefit may accrue to you rather than "bringing the gospel to someone". Other times you will be "preaching to the Choir" as it is sometimes said.

Now what you may find yourself doing sometimes is engaging in an "Apollos situation"
In Acts 18: the author wrote wrote:24 ¶And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.
25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.
26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
However you ought to accept that sometimes you may be Apollos and not Priscilla or Aquilla. And yet other times you may have to settle for understanding the other persons viewpoint, but not changing it. Sort of along the lines of:
In Romans 14: Paul wrote:4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

If on the other hand you go to a non-Christian naturist venue, you may find that most of the time you will only be effective if you adopt a low key Matthew 5: --- Phillipians 2: approach,
Matthew --- Paul (respectively) wrote:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
---
14 Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15 That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby ihaveel » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:09 pm

DaveT,

Thanks for joining us. I'm also new. But I find the fellowship here good.

I wish I had all the opportunities for nudity that you have, especially for working outdoors. But alas, even my neighbors around me have 2 story houses and from certain windows they could see in my back yard. And my so-called privacy is not very private. If anyone were walking beside it, the gaps between boards would allow them to peek through and see anyone in the yard. So, my nude times are limited to indoors. And I am still not completely comfortable with that, but growing in it. I think you are quite a few steps ahead of me. But I'm comfortable where I am knowing that I am still being held by the hand of the Most High, my loving Father.

Ihaveel
ihaveel

Postby john.mowgli » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:14 am

Encouraging to know there are other christians out there
who have similar questions about nudity/naturism...
john.mowgli
New Comer

Postby Jerry045 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:43 am

john.mowgli wrote:Encouraging to know there are other christians out there
who have similar questions about nudity/naturism...

You are not alone John; forums of this kind permit such exchanges between people interested in a similar activity.

Jerry
Jerry045
Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:40 am

DaveT wrote:Well; as time passes and my mind gets used to it, I guess I'm about ready to call myself a naturist. Although terms and titles for something that used to be nothing but normal everyday life long ago seems out of place to some extent, but I guess since the old practice has become not so mainstream, a name for it is called for. I'm spending at least some time almost every day naked when working, several hours in the mid day today with raking and bailing hay.
With the clear indisputable evidence in my own experience now that proves the practice of naturism is very beneficial to the mind, spiritually mentally and morally. I can go for it with a clear conscious.

Dave, the fact that naturism is beneficial tipped the scale for me.
I was pleased that it is not bad, but when I learned that it can be my own way of honoring God as creator, that it helps parents teach positive body image, that it is part of church history (too much detail to go into), that plunging headlong into a life of social and family nudity is far superior to any of the current pop psychology Christian theories on avoidance of nudity, pretty much sealed the deal for me.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Next

Return to Are you a naturist?