what am I doing here?

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: what am I doing here?

Postby jopartain » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:47 am

Very good story. It goes to show nudity isn't a bad thing. Everyone has been nude, and people somehow are okay with it in locker rooms, but it's not legal anywhere except the home. Nudism is much larger in practice than it appears.
jopartain
Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:36 pm

jopartain wrote:... but it's not legal anywhere except the home.

Depends..
Where you are:
Some parts of Europe it is legally allowed most anywhere. (may still encounter people who take offense)
Most countries in Europe and some US states tolerate public nudity or even sanction it in designated places.

What are you doing while you happen to be naked? Some countries and states consider perceived intent
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:00 pm

And there's ample legal precedent for nakedness/nudity being a protected form of "free expression" if used in a protest or demonstration.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:20 am

Did they ever get a formal ruling on Lady Godiva?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:47 am

Petros wrote:Did they ever get a formal ruling on Lady Godiva?

Do the British have a statute of limitations on crime?
It has been quite a few years since her public nudity as a form of protest.
By some accounts, her long tresses covered pudenda, nipples and bottom cleft.
Did the law require that these offending members be covered by cloth rather than hair?
Were bare thighs and belly a criminal offense in those days?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:42 pm

Another Welcome
God and the Bible don't come against casual social nudity.
If you study Scripture, it becomes clear, but that doesn't make it any easier to explain to those that don't want to see it. Some you can share with and some you can't.

There is a couple out here in the country and she has come down with cancer. I am going to try and talk to them/her about full or at least greater sun exposure to raise her vitamin-D level to help fight the cancer. This is one area that can really help our society - but most don't want to hear. Instead they go to the cancer doctor and he may prescribe a tanning bed to raise the vitamin-d levels.

In Him
Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:54 pm

As time goes on I get more settled. Much thought on the subject brings me to the full realization that what we call naturism is nothing more than what Adam and Eve practiced before they sinned. They were the first naturists in this world, besides being the first humans fresh from the hand of the Creator, and our original grandparents. Then Isaiah was a naturist for 3 years by God's command for an acted prophecy. A few comments in the Bible revealing that casual nudity was irrelevant to people in biblical times. (Peter fishing naked, inference to naked field workers with the command to abandon their clothes and run the other way at a certain signal, Jesus laying aside his garments and girding himself with a towel at the last supper.) We know full well that when all things are made new, physical garments will no longer be needed. "at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established." Deut. 19:15 Then the fact (strange as it may seem to some) that social nudity among respectable companions is a deterrent to lust rather than a generator of it, helping to train the mind to see nude without inspiring lust thoughts. Our whole society teaches us to be inspired with lust at the sight of nudity, or anything close to it. That is gross corruption of the image of God. But then good Christians fall for it and it drives the anti naked christian agenda. Therefore I do fully embrace the naturist concept of life as I look forward to the ultimate naturist life when we are transported to the promised inheritance of the saints, bought for us by the blood of our Savior, to join Adam and Eve in their great joy when they get to return to their special garden. But I also understand that people need to be brought along a little at a time, to shock the senses with nudity is no way to convert them. So I will continue to be my normal clothed self among those who are not converted to naturism, only practicing my convictions when alone in work or in company with others who know the truth on the subject. (my shy nature from birth and old anti nude mind conditioning has significant input there as well, I can decide I was conditioned wrong, decide to change, but that doesn't do much for that deep seated mind programming that started at an early age)
DaveT
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?