Whale bears it all..

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Whale bears it all..

Postby Whale » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 pm

Always been a nudist, since birth. I have belonged to clubs and many overseas organizations in different countries. I go to nude beaches, skinny-dip and have paddled canoes and kayaks in the altogether! Whales don't wear clothes!
Whale
New Comer

Re: Whale bears it all..

Postby jochanaan » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:21 am

Nor do any other life forms on Planet Earth, of their own choice, except us humans. You'd think our Creator missed a detail or two, the way some folks talk! :lol:
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:08 pm

Okay, that does it. I was going to forbare [sic] - but out with it.

What price hermit crabs? Larval caddis flies? There are likely others not popping in my mind, though we do well to except nest mattresses and blankets, body-generated shells, and coccoons.

true, so far as I know only Homo sapiens makes and emplots textiles - but did / do ALL Homo sapiens make cloth?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:52 pm

I must point out that we are all nudists at birth, it is only later in life and through that ever-important socialization that we learn to be ashamed of our bodies and learn to cover them with the bacteria laden material which we call clothing. Congratulations Whale that you continued in that nudist mindset, unlike many of us who had to unlearn shame.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:12 am

Petros wrote:so far as I know only Homo sapiens makes and emplots textiles - but did / do ALL Homo sapiens make cloth?

If you have read National Geographics, then you know that the answer is an emphatic, "NO1". There are many cultures, even today, where woven cloth are never used nor needed.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:19 am

Quite. Socratic rhetorical question. And cloth varies from beaten bark and felt to knit or woven and most recently extruded. Man is the maker par excellence on the planet, but remains a resourceful user of objets trouvees.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:36 pm

Petros wrote:And cloth varies from beaten bark and felt to knit or woven and most recently extruded. Man is the maker par excellence on the planet, but remains a resourceful user of objets trouvees.

True. However, in the photo essays found in such sources and the aforementioned National Geographics, while many of the "natives" use and fashion items from natural resources, many times, it is not to cover gentalia nor back sides, but as head dresses, necklaces, arm and ankle bands etc.

Such as these fellows...

or these beautiful young ladies...
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 pm

Right - when it is not for protection from roughage, it is mostly decoration including insignia.

Do we count penis sheaths as genital covering?
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:41 am

Petros wrote:Do we count penis sheaths as genital covering?

I do.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:49 pm

So we are grouping protection, concealment and enhancement. The warm sweater and the modest top and the padded bra; the leather chaps and the loincloth and the codpiece.

Not a problem, for the taxonomist subcategorization is always available, but good to know how we are talking.
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Are you a naturist?