I am now

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

I am now

Postby naturist » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:15 am

My first nudist experience would be when I was born, but I don't remember that one. :lol:
Actually, the first one I do remember was when I was probably around six years old. I decided to sleep nude. Unfortunately, I must of fallen out of bed while asleep. I still remember in the morning, being scolded by my very conservative parents for not wearing my pajamas.

I do recall later on in my childhood, a time or two of secretly enjoying being nude briefly while camping or playing in our private woods. Fast forward to high school when I began sleeping nude and have ever since. I'm just not comfortable wearing anything to bed.

After having kids, I remember my son, when he was little, one time exclaiming to his mother: "mommy, daddy sleeps in his skin!"

More currently, was a visit to a clothing optional beach a couple years ago. That's what got me interested again. Being nude in the outdoors is a great feeling and great way to de-stress I enjoy spending time nude on our private deck or at nudist resorts with my wife.

naturist
Last edited by naturist on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
naturist
Native Resident

Re: I am now

Postby jasenj1 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:24 am

I started sleeping nude as a teen, too. From sleeping, once you wake up there's no urgent need to put clothes on, to walking around the house nude, to enjoying being outdoors nude. It doesn't take long to realize being nude is a Good Thing.
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:37 am

Well, to be fair, as a teen I had an urgent need. I often threw pajamas off in my sleep, but when I woke I had to hustle to resume them inconspicuously, less my mother chance to look in - she would have had something to say.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:38 pm

Petros wrote:Well, to be fair, as a teen I had an urgent need. I often threw pajamas off in my sleep, but when I woke I had to hustle to resume them inconspicuously, less my mother chance to look in - she would have had something to say.

Are you SURE? Had she ever chastened you about being nude outside of the bathroom, shower or dressing room prior to that?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Explicitly, only "don't show off to preschoolers [three of us] on the occasion of revealing normally covered body parts at bedtime.

But - I know her. I can witness that after 5 yrs faces, arms in short sleeves and knees in shorts or skirts are the only skin visible.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:14 pm

It interests me to see how many of us got interested in nudity in our teens--and how many children of naturists "lost interest" around the same time. :?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby gardenlover » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:33 pm

jochanaan wrote:It interests me to see how many of us got interested in nudity in our teens--and how many children of naturists "lost interest" around the same time. :?

Sadly, sometimes we see the same thing with Christianity. But on a brighter note, many prodigal sons and daughters return.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:53 pm

I discovered many years ago that I'm not only a lot more comfortable sleeping nude, but I'm also surprisingly a lot warmer. There is absolutely NO logical reason to wear anything to bed.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby naturist » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:39 am

jochanaan wrote:It interests me to see how many of us got interested in nudity in our teens--and how many children of naturists "lost interest" around the same time. :?

Could there be a hint of rebellion at that age? :?

naturist
naturist
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:38 am

naturist wrote:

Could there be a hint of rebellion at that age? :?

Certainly, I would think that is part of it. In our teens, we want to try to do things "OUR OWN" way. However, it is very common also for us to return to the ways of our parents when we get into our mid 20s or when we have children of our own.

We (my wife and I) tend to lean on Proverb 22:6, "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.".

It does not mean that they won't venture away from it in the meantime.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Petros » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:00 am

In one of Guareschi's Don Camillo stories, there is a relevant passage:

The road between village and school was an absolutely straight line. Because children cannot resist taking shortcuts they often arrived at school late.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby WalkingLightly » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:00 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:I discovered many years ago that I'm not only a lot more comfortable sleeping nude, but I'm also surprisingly a lot warmer. There is absolutely NO logical reason to wear anything to bed.

Same here. My junk just doesn't sweat anymore while I'm sleeping. Plus I tend the roll around to get comfortable, and now nothing gets strangled ( :shock: ) . Sweet!!

I used to think it was wrong for some reason, but finally realized I'm not hurting myself or anyone else, and God see's more of me than i could possibly "show" him, so...what the heck...

Commando in Jeans is also now the only way to go... 8)
- WL
WalkingLightly
Resident

Postby Petros » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:51 am

Hardly wrong. I do not always listen to it, I musty confess, but my conscience is fairly sensitive. It used to set off if I snuck me a sandwich I could have had by asking. It has been totally supportive about being nude, while raising eyebrows at some of the things I have had to do to be nude in this culture.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:48 am

I'm late to the discussion and late in life (about six years now) to becoming a nudist and discovering the joys of living clothes-free. I also find I'm much more comfortable in terms of warmth and otherwise, when I sleep naked. I can also tolerate lower temperatures than in the past while fully nude as compared to when wearing clothing as I always did before.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby nudist2011 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:19 am

Welcome naturist to C N V from the Empire State. May you enjoy your stay.

Fred
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident

Next

Return to Are you a naturist?