Proud (closet) naturist

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Proud (closet) naturist

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:43 am

I've considered myself a "true" naturist since I joined Naturist-Christians last year, but right now I am only a naturist within the confines of my bedroom. My family is anti-nudity, or at least of the nudity = sexuality mindset. I sleep naked every night (nice in Texas), and hang out nude in my room when no one else is home or when I know I won't be disturbed. I have no naturist friends I've personally met, but many pen-pals thanks to the Internet. In the morning, I read the Bible naked, and I usually work out naked in my bedroom.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby naturaldon » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:17 pm

There's a time for everything under the sun... Again, welcome to CNV.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
User avatar
naturaldon
Native Resident
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am
Location: NW MO

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby natman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:20 pm

It would be nice if you were able to talk to the rest of your family to convince them of all of the positives of spending time nude and nude together as a family.

However, it won't be long and you will (hopefully) be living out on your own and won't have to live by their home rules any longer. Patience and prayer.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7249
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:27 pm

natman wrote:It would be nice if you were able to talk to the rest of your family to convince them of all of the positives of spending time nude and nude together as a family.

However, it won't be long and you will (hopefully) be living out on your own and won't have to live by their home rules any longer. Patience and prayer.


Amen to that. The time will come, and I'll probably discuss it with my dad first when I do. Who knows how my mom would react. :roll:

I know I could talk to them about it, but I doubt I could convince them.

naturaldon wrote:There's a time for everything under the sun... Again, welcome to CNV.


And amen to that too! I'm already feeling at home here!
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby Petros » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:39 pm

At least you could talk. Wish I could have.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
User avatar
Petros
Native Resident
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby nudist2011 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:58 am

Welcome Maverick to C N V from the Empire State. May you enjoy your stay.

Fred
I'm a Methodist nudist. Became a nudist April 6, 2011
nudist2011
Native Resident
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 pm
Location: Rome, NY

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby natman » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:28 am

'Not saying anything negative about you Maverick, but every time I see the title on this strip, "Proud (closet) naturist", I think of how oxymoronical it sounds.

To be "proud" and to be a "closet-" anything seem like direct opposites.

If you are proud of something, you generally want everyone to know.

If you are "closeted" about something, you want NO one to know.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
User avatar
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)
 
Posts: 7249
Joined: Mon May 22, 2006 3:48 pm
Location: Houston, Texas

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby Petros » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:36 am

Up to a point, that is so. Still, there are cases....

In my situation, over the years, there were a number of things of which I was very proud, pleased with myself, filled with a sense of accomplishment - but I had nobody to whom, for one reason or another, I dared say it.

It depends on who is around you, how often you have bee slapped down for sharing your joy.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
User avatar
Petros
Native Resident
 
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 am
Location: Wisconsin

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby JimShedd112 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:43 am

Maverick, welcome to CNV. I've "known" you for awhile at N-C and it's nice to see you join us here as well.

Jim Shedd
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
User avatar
JimShedd112
Native Resident
 
Posts: 1723
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:44 am
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby nakedpreacher » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Salutations from South Carolina. Glad you finally decided to join us over here. We tend to be a little less prickly over here. Its more like a discussion than an argument. I think you will enjoy it here in the village a lot more.
Naked Preacher
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident
 
Posts: 362
Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:59 pm
Location: Lexington, South Carolina, USA

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby Maverick » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:43 pm

natman wrote:'Not saying anything negative about you Maverick, but every time I see the title on this strip, "Proud (closet) naturist", I think of how oxymoronical it sounds.

To be "proud" and to be a "closet-" anything seem like direct opposites.

If you are proud of something, you generally want everyone to know.

If you are "closeted" about something, you want NO one to know.


You're right, it is a bit of an oxymoron. No offense taken.

How about this: Proud to be a naturist even though only in a 20'x20'x10' room.

Or: Unashamed closet naturist.

One day I will be out of the closet and even prouder.

Petros wrote:Up to a point, that is so. Still, there are cases....

In my situation, over the years, there were a number of things of which I was very proud, pleased with myself, filled with a sense of accomplishment - but I had nobody to whom, for one reason or another, I dared say it.

It depends on who is around you, how often you have bee slapped down for sharing your joy.


Thanks, Petros. Sometimes that's how I feel, and not just about naturism.
Last edited by Maverick on Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby Maverick » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:45 pm

Many thanks for the warm welcomes everyone!

nakedpreacher wrote:Salutations from South Carolina. Glad you finally decided to join us over here. We tend to be a little less prickly over here. Its more like a discussion than an argument. I think you will enjoy it here in the village a lot more.
Naked Preacher


And that's one reason why I immigrated!
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 737
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby jjsledge » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 am

Welcome. I am jerry49 at NC. I mentioned the CSA farm in Balch Springs where I am a volunteer. Market Day this week-end.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
User avatar
jjsledge
Native Resident
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:53 pm
Location: Rockwall, Texas

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby gardenlover » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:57 am

Reading the OP brings back memories of my own desire to be nude while living with my parents. I mostly slept nude, but would also go skinny dipping once or twice a summer when all the other family members were gone or late at night.

Take encouragement in knowing that things get better when you get out on your own. :D
User avatar
gardenlover
Native Resident
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:23 pm
Location: United States

Re: Proud (closet) naturist

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:02 pm

What I've always loved about living alone is that I can set the rules in my home as they please me.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
User avatar
Jon-Marc
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2668
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:05 pm
Location: Jacumba, CA


Return to Are you a naturist?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests