Level up

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Level up

Postby gardenlover » Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:15 pm

I enjoy the naturist life style but it is mostly curtailed to indoor nudity. My wife doesn't embrace the naturist lifestyle, so that limits my ability to visit local naturist clubs. I would like to take my naturist activities to the next level, more outdoor nudity, but fear damaging my Christian witness or possible legal repercussions. It would be insightful to hear where others practice their naturist activity.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Re: Level up

Postby natman » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:16 pm

As "Christians" are called to be "model citizens", submitting to the governmental authorities which God has placed over us (See Romans 13), I would recommend that the first thing you do is familiarize yourself with state and local laws in your area pertaining to mere nudity.

Here are the state statutes for Missouri...
http://naturistaction.org/StatesFrames/ ... _laws.html

It appears that, as in most states, you must "purposely" use your nudity to cause an "affront" in order for it to be an infraction. However, many officers may not be aware of that condition.

Texas has the same basic statutes. I am free to practice nudity in my fenced in back yard. If a neighbor calls to complain, then I can reverse the tables and complain that they are being a "Peeping Tom", peering into our "private area". However, I would not wish to cause any of my neighbors grief. So far, all of our neighbors, save a new one, know that we sometimes are nude in our back yard. I have not met the new neighbor. If they happen to see us nude and say something negative about it, then we will consider not using the back yard as much or whenever it is apparent that they also be in their yard.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby gardenlover » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:02 pm

Natman, thank you for the information. I appreciate everything that you do for this community.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:27 am

Not sure where you are at in MO, but here are a couple of legal activities and areas.
In KC area there is a group that has a monthly (I believe), nude swim.
If in S/W Mo Baretruth has property to go for naked hiking.
If in S/Central my place has swim / hiking / ... (More detail in Missouri Nudists strip)
All 3 are private and safe.

There are many that are concerned about their church finding out, but would be presently surprised if they found their pastor was a naturist too. :D :lol: :D
Actually we have had discussions about Scriptural references concerning nudity, including God ordering a prophet to go barefoot and naked for years.

In Him
Ron

Just looked at your profile. My place is about 1.5 hr sw of you.
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby gardenlover » Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:50 am

Hello Ron,

Thanks for providing me with other venues to possibly utilize. I am located in the St. Louis area, so a number of the locations you mentioned look promising.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:20 pm

I have fond memories of going to Show Me Acres in 2007 for the Christian Nudist Convocation. :D My only complaint about that weekend is that it rained for most of it. :? (I know I wrote up an account of that weekend; it's somewhere in the Personal Experiences forum.)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Are you a naturist?