Naturist Activities

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Where do your naturist activities take place?

The privacy of your own home
33%
Your backyard
23%
Other property or acreage (Yours or a friends)
13%
Club or resort
17%
State Park or other public space
10%
Other
4%

Total votes : 52

Re: Naturist Activities

Postby gardenlover » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:17 am

naturist wrote:Last two summers my wife and I visited a resort with a 7 acre sprimg fed lake. Canoes were available to use, so that was my first experience boating nude. It was great gliding along in the calm evening with the lake to ourselves. Would have been better completely nude, but not being a good swimmer, we did have life jackets on.

Here is my chance to tell my story about our first experience at a resort. It was the same lake last summer. My wife and I Decided to take one more dip before we left to go home. We were out in waist deep water water when my wife saw something floating next to her in the water. She thought it was a camera strap and tried to pick it up . . . And it moved and touched her stomach. It was a water snake, black with yellow stripes! Neither of us can stand snakes, but she was actually more calm than I think I would have been. Last month we were there again but I couldn't get her to swim this time :(

Snakes have been causing problems since the beginning of human history.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby gardenlover » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:28 am

New_Adventurer wrote:Most of my activities for the past year have been in the back yard hot tub. Sadly, my wife still does not feel comfortable without her suit on, and I fear pushing the issue too far so I just stopped trying to persuade. Over the past two years we have been to several clothing-optional bed-and-breakfast inns where she has seen a dozen different naked people. Any suggestions?

On a positive note, at least she attends the clothing-optimal venues with you. This would make it appear that she is at least open to the idea. Perhaps the problem stems from her view of her own body? It may ease her mind to hear that others in the naturist community are accepting of all body types.

I am also interested in hearing how others have overcome the reluctance of one spouse and think this would make a nice thread in and of itself, as many couples seem to face struggle with the same issue. Perhaps there are already such threads.
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:34 am

gardenlover wrote:
New_Adventurer wrote:Most of my activities for the past year have been in the back yard hot tub. Sadly, my wife still does not feel comfortable without her suit on, and I fear pushing the issue too far so I just stopped trying to persuade. Over the past two years we have been to several clothing-optional bed-and-breakfast inns where she has seen a dozen different naked people. Any suggestions?

On a positive note, at least she attends the clothing-optimal venues with you. This would make it appear that she is at least open to the idea. Perhaps the problem stems from her view of her own body? It may ease her mind to hear that others in the naturist community are accepting of all body types.

I am also interested in hearing how others have overcome the reluctance of one spouse and think this would make a nice thread in and of itself, as many couples seem to face struggle with the same issue. Perhaps there are already such threads.
Just remember: Threads are for textiles. :) Here they are "strips." 8)

And yes, we have had extensive discussions on how to increase participation by spouses, and indeed by women.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby Petros » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:08 am

Would you lose it if I went counterculture and called them "lanyards"?
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:12 am

No, "lanyards" works too. :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby gardenlover » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:47 pm

jochanaan wrote:
gardenlover wrote:

Just remember: Threads are for textiles. :) Here they are "strips." 8)

And yes, we have had extensive discussions on how to increase participation by spouses, and indeed by women.

:lol: Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering why others referred to strips. I didn't make the connection, but it makes prefect sense now.

What would be the best keywords to use to find the strips discussing ways to increase spouse participation? (Never mind, I think I answered my own question)
gardenlover
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:44 pm

I like the lanyard reference, it is more closely associated with being bound or being led and not the freedom of being naked and free.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Whale » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:16 pm

Canada - Whale gets wet...
This would be a great first visit for anyone and their family! English is spoken and the french language as well.

Postby whale » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:23 pm

Just back from this northern Camp not far above Kingston, Canada. If you like friendly people and nature in a beautiful and quiet location with a private lake take a look at the web site. I used the row boat an went about 1/4 the distance of the lake, said to be HUGE, it's HUGE! Whales know these things! Not ritzy but abundant with nature and much more.

WEB ADDRESS: lakesun.net E-mail: rmbehr@istar.ca
Lakesun Club is a private naturist (nudist) club with a traditional family atmosphere.
Tel. (613) 353-2463

Ever since Lakesun's founding in 1960, we have been proud to practise conservation of our natural setting. While visiting Lakesun, you will have a unique opportunity to see nature in an unspoiled setting. From our nesting pair of loons to the many species of flowering plants, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, nesting and migrating birds, there is plenty to keep naturalists busy observing a wide variety of species.

For those who enjoy astronomy, and those who enjoy just looking up at a clear sky on a summer's night, Lakesun's location away from the city lights provides a good dark-sky view of the constellations. This long exposure of the night sky in September, 2010, at left, shows the view of the Milky Way.
this is found on the Web Site... by Whale

Shopping is good $400.00 one day allowed or $800.00 for two days per person - passport or special drivers license required to border cross in either direction. Duty free stations on Canadian sid to us with license plate number required. Save the reciepts!

whale

Whale
New Comer

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?