Re: How nudism is compatible with Christianity

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby Ramblinman » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:15 am

There is the notion that something enjoyable is sin.
I have heard this expressed too often.

Unless the weather is downright wicked cold, I enjoy being nude. Totally nude, not even partial will do.
There can be sexual feelings at first because of how we are raised,
but in time we can make a clear distinction between sex and the sensory rush of being in full contact with earth, sky, water and ground for the first time in a long time.

In a nudist social setting, the women are not nude for men's amusement nor to invite us to sex.
They too are enjoying earth and sky unimpaired.
We talk, exercise, play sports, relax in the sun.
It is not about seeing others or being seen. It is about BEING.

And as Christians, we suddenly realize that this is what God intended from the beginning.
Why are we puzzled that we are happier when living the way we were designed?
Father knows best!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:16 am

Well said, Ramblinman. Yes, there is a certain rush when fully exposed to the elements after a long period of abstinence but the feeling soon ebbs and we simply become one with nature, totally free and relaxed.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:44 pm

What you found that night in the worship service, christianhopeful, is what most of us here have found: that God is in no way displeased with simple nudity; in fact, He sometimes encourages His people to try it. :)

Were you perhaps thinking of I John 4:1? "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world."
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby DaveT » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:32 am

I had similar experience but with different circumstance and over different things. And I also learned that we must be willing to give everything to God, even abandoning things that are harmless or even good, and He will give back to us that which is good for us. I was developing a love affair with horses during the late 80's into the 90's. But then came a time when I was thinking seriously about life, wanting to devote my life completely to God. And decided I was wasting my time with horses. So I decided to let them go, knowing that in heaven we will have perfect animals and enjoy them in a perfect environment. But in my indecision as to what to do with my life I started asking God "what do you want me to do" One morning He answered me by showing me His Joy. A joy so powerful and overwhelming it felt like brain overload. It was the joy of being in heaven meeting those we've invited. And the Joy Jesus has to have us all there with Him. And for me it was connected to horses as a common point of interest to reach other horse lovers for the kingdom of heaven. So I took that as the OK to get back into horses. Which I did and studied horse nature and training until I got a pretty good idea how they think and how to communicate. It so happens the ideal horse to human relationship is just about a perfect parallel of the ideal God to human relationship. Summed up by complete trust and perfect obedience. Although recently I have come to where I feel the education is finished and I needed to abandon horses for awhile to focus on other things of greater importance. Which right now is developing nutrient dense produce production.

My education in naked life came about as a result of enjoying naked field work, but thinking of it as somewhat erotic and doing it only when I was feeling erotically inclined. Then ran into the "world naked gardening day" idea, which in turn led to the "christian naturist" connection, and that got me started investigating, leading to a complete reversal in my naked understanding. Why I didn't see it before is a mystery. Guess I just hadn't thought about it, and hadn't noticed Isa 20. That's the passage that really got to me. That God would actually require his prophet to go naked publicly for 3 years! That told me God didn't care if I went naked anywhere. Only He doesn't want me unnecessarily offending people in any way that could possible turn them away from Him. And then the articles at mychainsaregone website further revealed the deception the devil has played on us over nakedness in order to create a market for naked inspired lust. And that practicing naked lifestyle while resisting lust thoughts is very beneficial to our minds, training us to see naked without automatically thinking lust thoughts. Then of course there's the aspect of God's original lifestyle of naked gardening being His ideal lifestyle design for everyone. So even though I'm naturally shy natured, uneasy with crowds, and practically scared to be seen naked. I decided it was the thing to do and started going naked every chance I got out of principal rather than just feel like it for eroticism sake. It soon gets to feel quite natural and come to desire it for comfort and health sake. When it gets warm even light shorts can hold heat by restricting air flow.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby c.o. » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:43 am

DaveT wrote:... Then of course there's the aspect of God's original lifestyle of naked gardening being His ideal lifestyle design for everyone...

Hi DaveT,

PLEASE don't get the impression i'm denigrating gardening naked, or gardening at all. I've read many of your posts on two Web sites over the years and know and admire your goals for developing high quality, nutrient dense foods. I'm excited to see the results. I highly respect those who can play with dirt, grow food from it -- and enjoy it. My skills include pushing a lawnmower, pulling weeds, holding and aiming a hose, and digging a hole where my wife wants to plant a bush or something.

But really, where would society be if everyone was a gardener? Even in Eden? Just because it was Adam's and Eve's call in their life doesn't mean it would have been everyone's had A & E never disobeyed. If we look at Paul's analogy of the Body of Christ on earth, should we all be hands?
Life will leave me with what i deserve.
Grace never will.
c.o.
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:56 am

That is an interesting question. On the one hand, in the Edenic situation, with no need to worek, everyone might today be a gatherer - not presumably hunter - possibly with some gardening to group desirable species.

But on the other hand we were built with a drive to know and do recognizable even among the lotus eaters. Had there been no fall, would there not still have been invention and manipulation of the planet?

Two options: even unfallen, we would consistent with God's plans have used our minds and hands and built plantations and observatories. Or, unfallen, those feature would have remained dormant like the maturity of the axolotl.

We will need to ask God about that.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:34 pm

Brother Petros,

We do not judge people as poor by momentary poverty in their youth, but by marking their lack of progress through the decades that follow.
A creature that for all eternity does nothing more than wander the forest eating nuts and berries is a bonobo, orangutan or chimpanzee or something much like them.
Had Adam (and Eve) not fallen, they would have found a sustainable way to protect the earth, beautify it and advance knowledge.
That does not mean that God's will is the industrial wastelands that dominate many cities today.
Many folk imagine civilization, but ordered after God's will and not that of Babylon.
We have seen that clothing need play only a minor role in a civilized world, used for protection and cheerfully set aside as soon as possible.
Not many such examples of a sensible essentially clothing-free culture, but enough exist to prove the point.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:12 am

My instinct, Nash - may I call you Nash, and how many will catch why - matches yours, our values in this area close enough, I cannot imagined any mind close to mine succedding as a lotus eater. But being what I am - I yam what I yam - I have to recognize that it is not made unambiguous in the Writings.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:34 am

Petros wrote:My instinct, Nash - may I call you Nash, and how many will catch why - matches yours, our values in this area close enough, I cannot imagined any mind close to mine succedding as a lotus eater. But being what I am - I yam what I yam - I have to recognize that it is not made unambiguous in the Writings.

Poul Andersen wrote a science fiction novel called "The Corridors of Time".

It is essentially an essay on human nature, the ambiguities of it, good in all of us, evil in all of us and the prospects for some future utopia that strikes a balance between "lotus-eater" know-nothings, living in an apelike primitive squalor

OR
..cruel technocracy that ruins the Earth, transforming it into a nightmarish megalopolis and then calls it progress.

Andersen imagined a world of appropriate technology, humans generally nude, always clothing-optional and living in harmony with nature.
But he had no delusions about the effort it would take to reach such a society and yes there shall be setbacks along the way.

Gilligan's Island?

Christians believe that Jesus will need to set things aright, but as his foreign agents here in occupied territory, we soften the target awaiting the King's invasion.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:09 am

The divide is essentially Wellsian - not only his, of course.

The balanced "natural" society is generally pictured as WAY advanced, after the technofallacy has been exposed and smashed several times.

We do tend to foul our nest.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:08 am

Petros wrote:The divide is essentially Wellsian - not only his, of course.

The balanced "natural" society is generally pictured as WAY advanced, after the technofallacy has been exposed and smashed several times.

I think we are both advocating appropriate technology.
But is a hammer appropriate technology? Is a rock?
Both can be used to build or kill.
Bang bang Maxwell's silver hammer went down upon her head...
VS.
If i had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening (hopefully not when my neighbor is sleeping)
I'd hammer out danger, I'd hammer out warning...
I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters, all over this land!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:20 am

Petros wrote:The divide is essentially Wellsian - not only his, of course.

If you are referring to H.G. Wells "The Time Machine", his social prognostication was rather crude compared to Andersen.
Andersen didn't see the world in black and white.
The Stone Age tribe that his protagonist Lockridge visited was plagued by superstition but Andersen employed good character development, so one could see their humanity, their aspirations.
Spoiler alert:

Andersen's heroine became a villainess, but was just as much a victim of her nature worship ideology.
Andersen did not do as good a job portraying the proponents of the competing "techie" ideology, but he displayed a bit of pity for the "evil" leader "Brand".
As Lockridge learned where things really stood, he made a choice that was "None of the above".
And when he finally made his decision, he found allies to move history forward toward this middle way.
Last edited by Ramblinman on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:02 pm

The fact that A and B share a feature is far from making them the same. Wells is VERY unsophisticated and heavily embedded in his milieu; there are many better treatments.

As for hammers, every substance, herb, device id good when well and appropriately used for good - and the opposite. A modern claw hammer is more specialized than a handaxe - and more efficient for head basjing, but not as good for some of a handaxe's other uses.
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:38 pm

Petros wrote:The fact that A and B share a feature is far from making them the same. Wells is VERY unsophisticated and heavily embedded in his milieu; there are many better treatments.

As bright as H.G. Wells was, I am disappointed in how locked-in he was to his pet theories, his ideology.
Can we see the same thing happening within Christendom regarding this supposedly new revelation about human nudity? It is so Orwellian that society and some ministers of the gospel have conveniently forgotten that for most of human history and much of church history, a man without clothes was... a man without clothes, either from poverty, convenience or comfort, and yes for sex, but only as a tiny fraction of the other moments of nudity in human daily existence. And nudity was mandatory for baptism, whether for infant, adult, man or woman all in plain view of the congregation. The nudity was rich with symbolism of coming to Christ as a naked newborn. But it was not a frat-house shaming right of passage nor was it deemed lewd and indecent.

Petros wrote:As for hammers, every substance, herb, device id good when well and appropriately used for good - and the opposite. A modern claw hammer is more specialized than a handaxe - and more efficient for head basjing, but not as good for some of a handaxe's other uses.

Wise villains have discovered that psychological hammers are much more effective than literal hammers.
Why kill your enemy when you can make a useful idiot out of him instead?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:45 am

Petros wrote:As for hammers,

And hammers do not spring from the ground whole. There are mines, refineries, smithies, etc. required for their production. There is the issue of the environmental impact of producing the high-tech wonders that make life easier/more productive.

(To loop this back to naturism.)
From INF's homepage:
WHAT IS NATURISM?
"Naturism is a way of life in harmony with nature characterised by the practice of communal nudity with the intention of encouraging self-respect, respect for others and for the environment"

Part of wearing no clothes is to lessen the environmental impact of producing & maintaining them.
jasenj1
Native Resident

PreviousNext

Return to Are you a naturist?