Am I? Well... maybe

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Re: Am I? Well... maybe

Postby jochanaan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:03 pm

c.o. wrote:...those who hold that they ceased even before Paul passed have some very sound biblical reasonings for such belief...
I know of no Biblical argument for that view...?
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby jude700 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:41 am

Have and do speak in tongues. It helps in my prayer life.
God Bless.

"You are the garment which covers our nakedness, and in our hunger you are a satisfying food, for you are sweetness and in you there is no taste of bitterness, O triune God!"
Catherine of Siena
jude700
Native Resident

Postby balaam » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Me too. For the same reason.
Fearfully and wonderfully mad
Love the dinner, hate the din.
balaam
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:41 pm

In Acts we are told that at Pentecost people were speaking in languages they did not know and being understood by foreigners who did speak the languages. That has not happened in my hearing, but some come out, often without control or intent, with what sounds like foreign words.

That got me to think about one event on my recent trip to Australia. The tour group went several different ways on the last Sunday we were there. My wife and I are Lutheran and we decided to follow the group going to a German-speaking Lutheran church in Sydney. I took German in high school and can still remember a few words, but trying to follow the service was a real challenge, particularly since there was not a written order of worship to refer to. I did recognize the Lord's Prayer, but trying to recite English while immersed in a sea of German was almost impossible. My tang was all toungled up.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:41 pm

A number of years ago on the mission field, a friend and I were listening to a sermon spoken in Spanish.
Although we knew some Spanish, neither of us were fluent.
But suddenly we began understanding the message.
We each realized what was happening and looked with amazement at one another.
It has never happened to us before or since.
I was not speaking in tongues, the pastor was not speaking in tongues, but God gave the interpretation.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Previous

Return to Are you a naturist?