New here!

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

New here!

Postby CaliTex84 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:54 pm

Hey all! Was told about this page by someone one on a similar board. I’m a follower of Christ and considered myself a naturist. Started a few years back. Looking to connect with like minded people and looking to see how naturism fits into my faith.
CaliTex84
Resident

Re: New here!

Postby Ramblinman » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:34 pm

CaliTex84 wrote:Hey all! Was told about this page by someone one on a similar board. I’m a follower of Christ and considered myself a naturist. Started a few years back. Looking to connect with like minded people and looking to see how naturism fits into my faith.

CaliTex84, welcome!

To see how naturism fits into your faith...
A lot rides on how you intend to live your life as a naturist.

As Christians we have no need for long discussions about misbehavior while naked that you and I have no intention of participating in,
let's concentrate on the practical side of things:
Does visiting a nude beach or nudist camp fit into your budget?
Do you have a private space in your yard where you can spend some time without clothes?
Are you within easy travel to secluded beaches, national forest areas well off-trail where you can "go natural"?
Do you have immediate family members who would support or oppose your participation?

Naturism is also a set of ideas that can be a part of your Christian world view and to my reckoning should be a part of any Christian's world view.
We can discuss that at length. Sometimes we have to make some bold moves to live true to our faith and this matter is no exception.

Naturists can have better health when we give our skin fresh air and a reasonable amount of sunlight all over.
Taking good care of our bodies, is a Christian's duty. Think of our bodies as a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Teaching our children to have a healthy respectful attitude about their own bodies and the bodies of the people in their lives is consistent with naturist values and Christian values as well.

Hope that can get our conversation started.

Again, glad to have you here!
I hope you will enjoy sharing ideas with people here and in time, friendships can build.
That to me is the best part of naturism, the sense of community we have, particularly among fellow Christians.
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby CaliTex84 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:03 pm

Ramblinman wrote:
CaliTex84 wrote:Hey all! Was told about this page by someone one on a similar board. I’m a follower of Christ and considered myself a naturist. Started a few years back. Looking to connect with like minded people and looking to see how naturism fits into my faith.

CaliTex84, welcome!

To see how naturism fits into your faith...
A lot rides on how you intend to live your life as a naturist.

As Christians we have no need for long discussions about misbehavior while naked that you and I have no intention of participating in,
let's concentrate on the practical side of things:
Does visiting a nude beach or nudist camp fit into your budget?
Do you have a private space in your yard where you can spend some time without clothes?
Are you within easy travel to secluded beaches, national forest areas well off-trail where you can "go natural"?
Do you have immediate family members who would support or oppose your participation?

Naturism is also a set of ideas that can be a part of your Christian world view and to my reckoning should be a part of any Christian's world view.
We can discuss that at length. Sometimes we have to make some bold moves to live true to our faith and this matter is no exception.

Naturists can have better health when we give our skin fresh air and a reasonable amount of sunlight all over.
Taking good care of our bodies, is a Christian's duty. Think of our bodies as a temple of the Holy Spirit.

Teaching our children to have a healthy respectful attitude about their own bodies and the bodies of the people in their lives is consistent with naturist values and Christian values as well.

Hope that can get our conversation started.

Again, glad to have you here!
I hope you will enjoy sharing ideas with people here and in time, friendships can build.
That to me is the best part of naturism, the sense of community we have, particularly among fellow Christians.

Those are all great things to think about and agree with a lot with what you are saying. I didn’t grow up in a nude household but it wasn’t a bad thing either. It’s just not a social norm but just because society doesn’t approve of it doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing. I think it’s all about respect for yourself and others and no one has to be ashamed. We are exactly how God made us. Nudist gets a bad wrap cause it’s associated with sin and people can be harmful in their actions. But if your aren’t being sinful there is nothing wrong with it.
CaliTex84
Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Welcome CaliTex. I recognize you from N-C. I hope you'll enjoy your visits here. Ramblinman's points are very valid.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:17 am

Greetings & welcome from the other side of the Atlantic; enjoy your time here! :D
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:32 pm

Howdy and welcome, CaliTex! I gather from your handle that perhaps you're California-grown, but Texas-transplanted? (As the saying goes, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.")

Regardless, welcome from a naked Texan!
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby CaliTex84 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:08 pm

Maverick wrote:Howdy and welcome, CaliTex! I gather from your handle that perhaps you're California-grown, but Texas-transplanted? (As the saying goes, "I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.")

Regardless, welcome from a naked Texan!

Lol, yup spot on!
CaliTex84
Resident

Postby natman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 am

CaliTex84,

I am also a California-to-Texas transplant, forcibly transferred here in 1992 by my job. Now they would have to forcibly transfer me back (I HATE what they have done and continue to do to the place.).

Living in Houston, actually outside of Houston, has been great for me, apart from the hurricanes and flooding, which has affected many of my friends and my office, but not our home or us personally.

Have you been affected by Hurricane Harvey?
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby CaliTex84 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:28 pm

natman wrote:CaliTex84,

I am also a California-to-Texas transplant, forcibly transferred here in 1992 by my job. Now they would have to forcibly transfer me back (I HATE what they have done and continue to do to the place.).

Living in Houston, actually outside of Houston, has been great for me, apart from the hurricanes and flooding, which has affected many of my friends and my office, but not our home or us personally.

Have you been affected by Hurricane Harvey?

Yeah I moved here by choice for work and I love it here. Never plan on going back.

I’m about 90 min from Houston so we just got mild flooding here and no real damage.
CaliTex84
Resident

Postby Ramblinman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:55 pm

California is a big state and I have seen some pockets of the north that are wild, beautiful, lush green and lovely beyond compare.
As a tourist, I can still find places of interest in southern California, but that region of the state is not as appealing a place to reside as it was in other years.
I understand why so many have left for a better life elsewhere.
Economy, crowding, crime, fires, landslides, high home and land prices. Some folks simply had to leave.

To those of us here in more conservative parts of America, California politics seems outrageously wrong-headed, shoot-oneself-in-the-foot stupid.
And surprisingly anti-naturist for such a supposedly free-spirited place. (fully aware that my own state has issues of its own).

Texas has something for everyone in terms of climate and vegetation, culture, urban and rural.
I wish all our Texas friends a big howdy!
May your vast land remain free and beautiful for a long time to come!
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby CaliTex84 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:46 pm

Ramblinman wrote:California is a big state and I have seen some pockets of the north that are wild, beautiful, lush green and lovely beyond compare.
As a tourist, I can still find places of interest in southern California, but that region of the state is not as appealing a place to reside as it was in other years.
I understand why so many have left for a better life elsewhere.
Economy, crowding, crime, fires, landslides, high home and land prices. Some folks simply had to leave.

To those of us here in more conservative parts of America, California politics seems outrageously wrong-headed, shoot-oneself-in-the-foot stupid.
And surprisingly anti-naturist for such a supposedly free-spirited place. (fully aware that my own state has issues of its own).

Texas has something for everyone in terms of climate and vegetation, culture, urban and rural.
I wish all our Texas friends a big howdy!
May your vast land remain free and beautiful for a long time to come!

Texas has been very good to me. I really didn’t start being clothes fee untill after I moved here. It was something I Walsh’s wanted to do. It was a new beginning and leaped into it. I was surprised how many places in Texas there were. Looking forward to do some more exploring this summer.
CaliTex84
Resident

Postby natman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Ramblinman wrote:To those of us here in more conservative parts of America, California politics seems outrageously wrong-headed, shoot-oneself-in-the-foot stupid.

And now, there is a bill, AB 2943, moving through California's Congress which may actually have the affect of banning the sale and presentation of the Bible.

While the bill does not specifically state a ban on the Bible, it bans declares “advertising, offering to engage in, or engaging in sexual orientation change efforts with an individual” as illegal under state’s consumer fraud law.
See: http://www.capoliticalreview.com/capoli ... al-issues/

Ramblinman wrote:And surprisingly anti-naturist for such a supposedly free-spirited place. (fully aware that my own state has issues of its own).

This is a more recent development. When I grew up there, there were several places one could go to enjoy simple (and practical) nudity, such as San Onofre state beach, without interference from the Parks Departments. :(

Ramblinman wrote:Texas has something for everyone in terms of climate and vegetation, culture, urban and rural.

While I enjoy the climate, and even the humidity here (Humidity helps me with my sinuses. When I lived in California, the dry air constantly dried out my sinuses and I had constant headaches.), the things I miss are truly surfable waves, clean beaches and skiiable mountains. The only time there are surfable waves along the Texas coast are during the lead up of a major hurricane. And the highest hills around here are the freeway overpasses. :(
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Ramblinman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:47 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Texas has something for everyone in terms of climate and vegetation, culture, urban and rural.

natman wrote:While I enjoy the climate, and even the humidity here (Humidity helps me with my sinuses. When I lived in California, the dry air constantly dried out my sinuses and I had constant headaches.), the things I miss are truly surfable waves, clean beaches and skiiable mountains. The only time there are surfable waves along the Texas coast are during the lead up of a major hurricane. And the highest hills around here are the freeway overpasses. :(

El Paso has an incredibly dry climate. I got nose bleeds when I first moved there. Locals told me that my sinuses would get thicker and stop bleeding and I guess they were right.
The dust was something aweful. Massive dust storms would blot out the sky for hours.
We had a 7,000 foot mountain on the north end of town and it made for some great hiking.
Drive a couple of hours north and you can go snow skiing at Sierra Blanca.
In summer the Sacramento Mountains are 70 degrees on the same day that it is 100 in El Paso.
I loved camping up there.
No surfing in the desert unless you count board surfing down the dunes at White Sands or Monahans Sand Hills.

Technically speaking we were in the same state as Houston, but Houston is hundreds of miles to the east and seems like a different world.

I used to read in the paper about heavy snow way up north on the high plains of Dalhart, TX at the same time that the grapefruit in the lower Rio Grande valley were ripening in the hot sunshine.
When it was raining buckets of water in Beaumont, we were having sand storms weeks into a drought west of the Pecos.

And Carlsbad Caverns is a huge wet underground world beneath the west Texas scrub bushes.

Texas...what more can I say?
Ramblinman
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:41 pm

Ramblinman wrote:Technically speaking we were in the same state as Houston, but Houston is hundreds of miles to the east and seems like a different world.

At best, El Paso is about 12 hours from Houston....

Ramblinman wrote:I used to read in the paper about heavy snow way up north on the high plains of Dalhart, TX...

... and about 10 hours from Dalhart. And the only skiing you might do in Dalhart is cross-country, which is not quite as much fun (at least for me) as downhill. :(

That said, I still LOVE Texas.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jim » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:18 am

natman wrote:And now, there is a bill, AB 2943, moving through California's Congress which may actually have the affect of banning the sale and presentation of the Bible.

While the bill does not specifically state a ban on the Bible, it bans declares “advertising, offering to engage in, or engaging in sexual orientation change efforts with an individual” as illegal under state’s consumer fraud law.
See: http://www.capoliticalreview.com/capoli ... al-issues/

I don't support the proposed law. Helping people who want to change their sexual orientation may be about as helpful as other psychotherapies for major changes; it works in a minority of cases.

The law would have nothing to do with the Bible or selling any other book unless it was advertising a therapy to change sexual orientation.

Here's what the proposed law says:
The following unfair methods of competition and unfair or deceptive acts or practices undertaken by any person in a transaction intended to result or in the sale or lease of goods or services to any consumer are unlawful:
(28) Advertising, offering to engage in, or engaging in sexual orientation change efforts with an individual.

It would not ban supporting for free people who want to change their unwanted sexual behaviors. Pastors could still urge changing behavior and give reasons and offer to help.

Here are two fact check sites addressing this claim:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/california-bible-ban/
https://www.factcheck.org/2018/04/california-bill-wouldnt-ban-the-bible/
Jim
Native Resident

Next

Return to Are you a naturist?