I just might be

Are you just curious about nudism / naturism? A new naturist? Been one a long time? You can tell us how & why you got started. Just a sentence or a paragraph is enough. You're not ready for naturism yet? That's OK, you can even say so here. New Comers please post here. ALL NUDIST COMMENTS WELCOME HERE!

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

I just might be

Postby Agapulo » Tue May 29, 2018 1:39 pm

Four and a bit years ago, I had a rather startling conviction that God was asking something very uncomfortable of me. I could not shake the thought that He was asking me to be naked whenever I was permitted to be. It seemed pretty ridiculous, so I did what I normally do, and asked my wife what her thoughts were. Given how cautious and conservative she is, it seemed like a slam dunk. She'd say "nuh-uh" and I'd be off the hook. But... she said yes. I was shocked. It seems that God gave her an instant download of understanding what His heart was behind asking me to do something that radical, and "yes" was the only answer she felt she could give.

I had chosen to ask her while we were on the road visiting relatives for a long weekend. When we got home, I walked into the house, left my clothes in our bedroom and walked downstairs naked for the first time in my life. I was horribly self-conscious. We live in the country, so there was no good reason not to go outside, which made me that much more self-conscious. I spent the first two weeks working on unwiring the connection that my culture had taught me between nakedness and sexuality. I'd had decades of believing that being naked was strongly sexual, so it took some work. I remember one of the first times I stood outside, and experienced a sort of joy that caught me completely by surprise.

God has used my naked obedience in a lot of ways that have surprised me (and that probably didn't surprise my wife at all). It's been healing in a lot of ways, and has led to a renewal of trust that had eluded me. In the years since then, I've remained naked 90%+ of the time. The guideline seems to be "be naked within the bounds of love and law". I have no interest in going to jail because somebody assumed that I'm some sort of pervert because I don't have any clothes on. I haven't participated in any social nudity to speak of, with an exception of a tour of a nudist resort and a day or two camping at a nudist retreat center. I spent a lot of time down in the woods, of which we're blessed to have several acres. If public nudity were legal where I live, I'd have to make the call as to whether I'm routinely naked while going about daily public life, but that's not the case here, so that's not a decision that I've had to make. I have to say that I have a lot of empathy for Isaiah during those three years when God called him to do life naked. That can't have been comfortable.

That's probably enough typing for an intro. Looking forward to participating.
Agapulo
New Comer

Re: I just might be

Postby Lionheart » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:49 pm

Thank you so much for sharing. I believe that God does call us to these ways. Putting off past cultural limitations and living in His full freedom is part of my journey right now. I’m praying obout next steps and want to be obedient too.

I was at a men’s retreat several years ago. We experienced a monastic fast and several hours alone seeking God on the private land surrounding the retreat house. While praying, I felt a God ask me to lay naked before him. There was a large rock next to a small body of water. I was alone and followed the prompting. It felt as if I were laying my naked body on an alter to allow Him to work in me. It seemed very natural to be there naked in prayer. Later, the leaders asked if in our prayer time if God had asked any of us to get naked. Apparently it was common for this to happen. One man said He felt called to strip naked and dance before the Lord in an open field. A rain shower quickly came through as he expressed joy buck naked in the rain. Seems our Heavenly Father takes great joy in his sons finding true freedom!
Run Wild|Live Free|Love Strong
Lionheart
Permanent Resident

Postby JimShedd112 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:22 pm

What a great message Agapulo. Thank you for sharing. Also thanks to you Lionhear. Both are powerful testimonies.

Jim
Jim Shedd
NudistGrandpa
JimShedd112
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:28 pm

When Franciscan Mayslake retreat in Maywood, Illinois was open over 40 decades ago, used to spend much prayer time in my room nude. Retreatants freely roamed the grounds, making open nudity impractical. Mayslake is now gone, sold to developers. Also gone are the seminary, made into condos and other buildings. :bigcry: :gross: :pray:

My sons were taken through the grounds 0n a bike ride from Carpentersville to Evergreen Park, Illinois when the oldest was 8 and the youngest were 4. All took turns peddling. The oldest was pulled off the road and told he was to ride on discontinuous side walks with ditches between the walks and the crossroads. :argh: :duh: Nights were spent nude under the stars, except for one night in a motel after being splashed with road mud. :argh: :dizzy: Three weeks were spent on the trip.

return to topic. :duh:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Postby naturaldon » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:52 pm

Thanks for sharing, Agupulo.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
naturaldon
Native Resident

Postby Jim » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:09 am

jude700 wrote:When Franciscan Mayslake retreat in Maywood, Illinois was open over 40 decades ago....

In the 1500s? Wow!
Jim
Native Resident

Postby nudie66 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:15 pm

Jim wrote:
jude700 wrote:When Franciscan Mayslake retreat in Maywood, Illinois was open over 40 decades ago....

In the 1500s? Wow!

I'm sure the Native Americans had no need for clothing during the warm seasons...
I transfer camcorder tapes & other family memories to DVD. http://prosservideodubs.com/
nudie66
Native Resident

Postby Englishman » Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:07 am

I'm intrigued by the posts about praying naked as I have some history on this too. Firstly, a little background...

At a Christian conference in the late 90's (yes, it was in the days of what became known as the Toronto Blessing) God knocked me to the floor; something I used to resist so that if it happened, it happened because God was involved rather than me taking an attention seeking dive! Anyway,with my face down on the floor, I heard God say, "This is where I will speak to you." So for several years I prayed flat on my face at home & speak He did.

After major heart surgery, being prostrate was either extremely uncomfortable &/or painful, so I stopped. Thankfully, God continued to talk to me; I love how He knows our weaknesses &, in this case, accommodated it. 2 years or so after surgery I was praying & fasting. In the afternoon God quite clearly told me to get naked to pray. As this was before me accepting naturism as a valid whatsit for a Christian, I demurred. However, He insisted so I disrobed & prayed. This time I heard Him say, "This is where I will speak to you now."

Since then I spend as much of my private prayer time naked as I can. Is it the only or best way to get close to God? Only in the sense that I was, this time, obedient. For me, nakedness in prayer also strips my soul bare &, for me, it does aid me in my quest to know Him better.
Englishman
Native Resident

Postby New_Adventurer » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:10 pm

I have had similar experiences and feelings, the first was at my club on a cold rainy weekday when I left work a little early, went to the club, and lay down naked on the lawn in the rain; nothing between me and God. I was the only one there and it felt so good. Then, to cure the shivering I got in the hot tub.

In my back yard I enjoy the hot tub in the rain also. My wife thinks I am a little crazy, but I think she is right.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby Maverick » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:45 pm

Great stories from all. I don't believe I've felt a "call," per se, to strip naked and pray, but I enjoy praying naked. Also, my most "spiritual moment" was naked in a lake under a clear Texas sky at night, also nothing between me and God. Very cool how that seems to be a common thread in all our experiences.
In nuditate veritas.
Maverick
Native Resident

Postby jude700 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:19 am

It has been said that to procrastinate when God tells one to do something is to disobey. :areyouthere?:

Something to think and pray about. :pray:
God Bless.

Man is a spiritual being, and so has the need to develop his spirit and his conscience.
Pope John Paul II
jude700
Native Resident

Return to Are you a naturist?