Registration Authorization Code

This forum is for the purpose of the webmaster and site administrator informing the membership of situations pertaining to the site. Replies are not allowed here. Responses may be directed to either the webmaster or site administrator via PM or email.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Registration Authorization Code

Postby Webmaster » Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:18 pm

Because of ongoing problems with BOT (automatic programs) registrations, which we consider SPAM registrations, we have implemented a new registration process.

For real people registering, we apologize for the need for the extra step that you have to take in order to register. We hope that adding this step will encourage you that we are taking the sercurity of the site seriously.

The needed registration code that you need to enter is Lr9qrE7u333 and is case sensitive.

The simplest way to use this code is to highlight it here, RIGHT click on it, select "Copy", go to the registration form and RIGHT click in the Authorization Code field, the select "Paste" to place it in there. It will save from mistakes being made when manually typing it in.

Note:

There is problem with the new registration system. When the registration is completed, you will get an error message. Ignore it, go to your email and look for a Confirmation email. (Most of the time this will be in your "junk" email.)

If you do NOT get a confirmation email, please email me at webmaster@cnvillage.org and tell me the user name you registered with. I can activate the account for you if needed. Please allow me 24 hours to do so.

Thank you,

WM
I am the webmaster. I maintain the site and take care of upgrades.
If you need to contact me about technical matters please send me email at webmaster@cnvillage.org
Webmaster
Councillor

Return to Announcements