"Babies"

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

"Babies"

Postby robbbie » Fri May 07, 2010 4:57 pm

Perhaps you've seen the ads for the new movie "Babies".

Did you notice that it's rated PG? Why would a movie about babies be rated PG? Well, there is a warning that goes along with the PG rating: "Cultural and maternal nudity throughout". (Check out the ad yourself)

What's so offensive about seeing naked babies that there has to be a warning?
robbbie
Permanent Resident

Re: "Babies"

Postby natman » Fri May 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Looks cute.

Here's the trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpHW0jch4vg
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun May 09, 2010 11:20 am

Well, everyone knows how offensive those baby butts can be.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Sun May 09, 2010 5:21 pm

Not to mention the disgusting act of breastfeeding... :shock: :D
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby dby » Mon May 10, 2010 3:02 pm

Culturally breast feeding was fine as long as it was "natives" in other lands doing it. The offensiveness only occurs if it is Americans doing it..... <gasp>!
dby
Native Resident

Postby natman » Mon May 10, 2010 3:36 pm

dby wrote:Culturally breast feeding was fine as long as it was "natives" in other lands doing it. The offensiveness only occurs if it is Americans doing it..... <gasp>!

'Must be those white, pasty, "never-seen-the-sun", American breasts that are SOOOO offensive. :argh:

However, the same seems to hold true for white, pasty, "never-seen-the-sun", nude American bodies. :gross:

We can see totally nude, well tanned natives from Africa or South America and network television, during prime time. But just dare to show a totally nude white boy or girl (man or woman), and you'll have the authorities knocking down your door. :argh:
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby dby » Mon May 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeah, growing up, if I wanted to see naked bodies (like any American boy), I would turn to National Geographic. Nudity was fine - but they never had pictures of the nude beaches of the world. Again, as long as it is "native" nudity, then all is fine and dandy. But European nudity was out of the question.

Similarly, there are denominations that won't ordain women - unless they are a missionary to some "native" tribe - then they can be ordained..... Me thinks that it is that old racism thing cropping up again.
dby
Native Resident

Postby prairieboy » Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 pm

I do recall National Geographic showing pictures of a park in Germany where many were enjoying the sun au naturale around 1980. Also an article about Australia that showed several people suntanning naked (face down) as a group of tourists passed by on camels.
prairieboy
Native Resident

Postby dby » Tue May 11, 2010 1:49 am

I was out of high school by the mid-1970's. So by the time the 1980's rolled around I could certainly buy other sorts of magazines if I was looking for nudity. Though I never did. However, there were other sources of such things (unfortunately for my spiritual health) at work, college, etc.
dby
Native Resident

Return to Nudism and Health Issues