How comfortable are you with your own nudity? Survey

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Postby natman » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:18 pm

http://www.psychologies.co.uk/personali ... wn-nudity/

I came across this article and thought it would be interesting to find out conclusions were presented to other who answered the survey.

After taking the survey, the summary presented to me was this...

You are comfortable with nudity
You are very natural, and when you are in the nude you feel calm and uninhibited. You don’t feel awkward when you’re naked because to you it’s completely natural. You are happy in your own skin and you like taking care of yourself using essential oils or moisturisers enriched with plant extracts. You play sport regularly and aren’t afraid of the communal changing rooms; you enjoy the atmosphere. There is physical beauty, but there is also beauty that comes from within. You are not overly critical of your body and you probably accept yourself the way you are. When you are naked you feel free; you feel able to detach yourself from both sartorial and social constraints. It’s your way of going back to basics, a way of expressing a desire to live at one with the world. You live in harmony with your environment, and are especially at ease in the fresh air or in water. And you wouldn’t rule out holidaying at a nudist beach. You have managed to reconcile your body to nudity due to your healthy self-image and confidence. Your lover seeing you naked is a good experience rather than a trial. Maintain this balance — it’s what you’ll pass on to your children.

Here are the questions...

1. What does the image of Adam and Eve nude in the Garden of Eden evoke for you?
Boredom
Nostalgia
Punishment

2. Which of the following would you rather see at the cinema?
Something American and sexy featuring Sharon Stone
Something modern and European by Pedro Almodovar
A romantic costume drama

3. Being naked in front of your partner makes you feel:
Like you’re on show
Good
Uncomfortable

4. What’s your favourite form of exercise?
The gym
Walks in the country
Yoga classes

5. Which of the following paintings is your favourite?
Déjeuner Sur L’Herbe (Luncheon On The Grass) by Edouard Manet
After The Bath by Edgar Degas
The Bather by Gustave Courbet

6. It’s summer and you’re at the beach. How do you feel about putting on your swimming costume or bikini?
It’s a test of will
If you’ve got it, flaunt it
You just feel excited about swimming in the sea

7. What’s your opinion of reality TV?
You find it fascinating
You can’t think of anything worse
You’re not interested in it

8. If you had to describe your body in one of the following ways, which would you choose?
It houses all your secrets
It’s a place of wellbeing
It’s a temple to pleasure

9. According to Jung, houses represent the self. Which of the following would best represent you?
A medieval fortress
A farm in the countryside
An opulent palace
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Re: How comfortable are you with your own nudity? Survey

Postby Larryk1052 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:21 pm

Well they said the same thing about me and my answers. Don't know how in the world those questions gave them told them all that, but it was pretty accurate.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby pugiofidei » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:35 am

I got the same response, even if I was torn between the opulent palace and the farm in the countryside. The palace represents to me the arrangement of God's material creation in such a way as to make its beauty visible, much like great music. The farm represents something else to me that I can't quite put in words--something warm, earthy, and inviting. Strange as it sounds, I even love the smell of a farm. I like castles too, but I don't think they represent my personality.
pugiofidei
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:41 pm

I couldn't answer most of the questions since they didn't pertain to me. However, to answer the question, I am VERY comfortable with my body. While it could look a lot better than it does, I've become comfortable with it and don't care who sees me nude.

These are my answers

1. None of these.
2. None of these.
3. If I had a partner, I would be VERY comfortable nude with her.
4. Nude walks
5. I know nothing about any of these.
6. I am VERY UNcomfortable wearing ANYTHING at ANY time.
7. I'm not interested in it. What has this got to do nudity?
8. It's a place of well-being.
9. A farm in the countryside.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Return to Nudism and Health Issues