Group exercise - A Question About Resorts

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Group exercise - A Question About Resorts

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:00 pm

My next advance in naturism will likely be social naturism either at a resort or perhaps a meeting at some gettogether of a non-landed club sort of thing. But my question of the day pertains to resorts, and is perhaps influenced by my perceptions of the "physical culture" aspects that I am aware of in the earlier history of the movment in the U.S.

I am wondering if at a resort, how likely I am to encounter any sort of exercise classes or more informal sorts of group exercise, such as calesthenics, aerobic exercise, etc. The thought comes to me because due to lower back problems I have a regimen of toning and stretching exercises I use each morning, (I tend to wake up with mild back discomfort and the exercises reduce or eliminate it and prevent problems from developing during the day).

It seems that if there were any sort of group exercise activities, that I would not look so out of place with my morning regimen, whereas, if I was the only one doing such exercises (for instance just after getting out of the hot tub fairly early in the AM), someone might be wondering what strange thing is that new guy doing. And if there was some sort of group exercise activity (program or informal) I might be able to make some beneficial additions to my morning exercise routine, (my back is not necessarily compatible with all exercise forms).

So in this respect, what might I expect to find at various resorts?
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: Group exercise - A Question About Resorts

Postby Jon-Marc » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:15 pm

My experience so far has been to see mostly older, out-of-shape people. While I haven't in all my years in social nudity seen any group exercise as you describe, I suppose it could happen. We have an exercise room here with all kinds of exercise equipment, and I never see anyone else in there. I only use the exercise bicycle, which I can use only for a few minutes before my arthritis pain gets too bad. Nobody cares what your body looks like. If they do, they don't generally say anything to your face.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 26, 2010 6:39 pm

Jon-Marc wrote:Nobody cares what your body looks like.
Well my concern is that my exercise requires a warm environment so as not to agrivate the back muscles. So unless the weather is quite warm starting with a dip in the hot tub would be ideal, but then what are people going to think when they see this guy laying on the floor kicking his legs in the air and twisting his lower body from side to side. :shock:

Of course they might think it is some new exercise fad and join me. ...... That would be cool :D
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby firefighter » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:02 pm

Well if the people were not in the the hot tub then they may think the hot tub is too hot.
firefighter
Native Resident

Postby Larryk1052 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:30 pm

I wouldn't worry about what people will think of you exercising. I'd just do it and get what benefit you get out of it. You arn't doing anything wrong or provocative so why worry. I am sure everyone has seen someone somewhere exercising.
Larry in Kentucky

"Nude" just means barefoot all over.
Larryk1052
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:10 pm

firefighter wrote:Well if the people were not in the the hot tub then they may think the hot tub is too hot.
Leave it to a guy that has been more than the average number of hot spots to think of that one. :D
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby dby » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:08 pm

I have seen others at resorts who spread out a mat or something and do their stretching exercises. Don't be too concerned about doing this, most likely, no one will question you.
dby
Native Resident

Postby natman » Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:26 am

Well, if you attend or join a resort and you find that they do not have any group exercise, perhaps you can be the one who starts one up.

When it comes to exercise, don't worry what other people think... period.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby Alfie » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Naturism is about living your everyday life, as much as we can, in the nude. Doing whatever we normally would want to do if we were wearing clothes, to do it naked. If exercising, walking, running or whatever is what you like to do then do it and you shouldn't feel self conscious at all about it.
I exercise often, to have my almost daily run I head out to the bush 5 mins from home, strip off and run naked. I would love to do my gym routine naked but it is a regular textile gym and I don't a naked guy would be tolerated!!
I have stayed in a nudist resort/retreat (which is now closed) where I have walked regularly and enjoyed the hot tub and the company of others. While there to go for my run unfortunately I had to leave the ground and so had to cover up, which was a pain.
No don't worry about if others are doing it, although it would be nice to exercise as a group, just do what you would normally do an enjoy it as you would normally do.
Don't be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind
Alfie
Native Resident

Return to Nudism and Health Issues