What’s the Problem with Nudity? BBC Documentary

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

What’s the Problem with Nudity? BBC Documentary

Postby nuudman » Sat Oct 22, 2011 5:37 am

What's the Problem with Nudity-A BBC Documentary

Anyone ever watched all of this?

Opinions?

i havent finished it yet, but was intriqued by it. Some of the areas it goes into seem to be kind of weird-"Monkey Sweat and Nudity?"

Anyway, food for thought and discussion of nothing else.

NEW!!!

OUR GOD IS GREATER-Chris Tomlin

GOD OF THIS CITY-Chris Tomlin

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Re: What’s the Problem with Nudity? BBC Documentary

Postby trumpetbuff » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 pm

Tried to find it, but the link has apparently been removed.

Steve

Praise Him with trumpet sound...Psalm 150:3
trumpetbuff
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:22 am

Scroll down the page a bit. It is still there for me just now.

NEW!!!

These two songs are very indicative of the church i serve at. "GOD OF THIS CITY" is almost like our informal anthem.

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby KalosSoma » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:03 pm

I've seen this before - thanks for sharing, and I hope a lot of people take the time to watch. I was most interested to see the varying changes in the participants' attitudes during the experience. The most dramatic seemed to be the woman with shorter blonde hair (don't remember her name or occupation). Her initial attitude toward having to remove her clothing was highly apprehensive, defensive and seemed almost hostile -- a little surprising from someone who had indeed volunteered for the study. But I could see by the end -- in her eyes, smile and just the overall way she carried herself while nude (I'm thinking of the scene at the "reception" at the end, or whatever it was) -- almost a delight or joy in being unclothed.
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Postby nuudman » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:56 pm

Think we can all relate to the ending. i would have sprinted out to the cabs myself. The reception was very cool. Nice to see their collective attitudes change so much for the better.

NEW!!!

nuudman
Native Resident

Postby KalosSoma » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:41 am

nuudman wrote:Think we can all relate to the ending. i would have sprinted out to the cabs myself.

You know, there was a time -- seems long ago, but really isn't -- that I would have looked at that scene and reacted in a totally different manner: Shocked, laughing, maybe imposing my own sense of shame or fear on them, watching with a sense of them doing something "wrong" or flouting authority. Those are the kinds of thoughts that would have immediately come to mind.

But watching it "post-conversion," my thoughts were completely different: These are people who have learned, and are learning, something wonderful about themselves; exploring a new world; trying out new wings; emerging not only from a building onto a busy street, but into a new phase of life. (I don't think I'd find it necessary to sprint.)

It's been several years since this was broadcast; I wonder where these people are now in terms of their experience and where it's taken them (or not).
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Postby natman » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:48 am

KalosSoma wrote:It's been several years since this was broadcast; I wonder where these people are now in terms of their experience and where it's taken them (or not).

That might be a good question and proposition for another episode to the original producers.

"Where are they now???"
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Postby trumpetbuff » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:46 am

Interesting study, but I wonder what would be the outcome if they started with the premise that humans were always human and not evolved from apes.

Steve

Praise Him with trumpet sound...Psalm 150:3
trumpetbuff
Native Resident

Return to Nudism and Health Issues