Tanning and seasonal depression

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Tanning and seasonal depression

Postby KalosSoma » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:17 am

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with this. I have chronic depression, which is managed, but which is markedly aggravated by the seasonal change -- true "seasonal affective disorder," though not as severe as some people I know who've had it. They've talked about taking light therapy to help with it, but my question is whether getting a very low level of UV exposure in a tanning bed/booth -- not enough to tan, but just the light exposure -- would also work. But the light therapy that doctors provide may have other therapeutic elements that aren't present in the light generated by tanning devices. Thoughts? Experiences?
KalosSoma
Native Resident

Re: Tanning and seasonal depression

Postby natman » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:20 am

I do not think that I struggle with this, but my wife sure does. She gets somewhat depressed if she does not get out into the sun at least once or twice a week. I cannot even imagine what she would be like if we lived somewhere where we would not see the sun for months at a time.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Nudism and Health Issues