GMO (God Move Over)

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

GMO (God Move Over)

Postby wearingair » Thu May 24, 2012 9:59 pm

GMO's (genetically modified organism) Sorry about that, but its really true if you look in to this!!

I think I am kind of behind on this one, but I have been watching and looking at:

The video's are quite long.

Everything You HAVE TO KNOW about Dangerous Genetically Modified Foods
http://vimeo.com/6575475

World According to Monsanto
http://vimeo.com/37811912

What Genetically Modified Organisms Might You Be Eating?
http://www.youtube.com/geneticroulette

http://www.responsibletechnology.org/

Very upsetting, I was very mad and cried after watching those 2 videos :cry: Wish I could have my own nudist farm or at lest a garden and be able garden in the nude! As close to natural as possible!

wearingair
Last edited by wearingair on Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wearingair
Native Resident

Re: GMO (God Move Over)

Postby Bare_Truth » Thu May 24, 2012 11:07 pm

wearingair wrote:.... Wish I could have my own nudist farm or at lest a garden
and
be able garden in the nude!.......

Well I sort of have that with my 20 acres (see gallery) However while I have the land and am still expanding my gardening, I can't do it nude because those areas are still visible from the road or front yard, should someone pull in. :( BUMMER :(
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby wearingair » Fri May 25, 2012 12:15 am

Bare_Truth wrote:
wearingair wrote:.... Wish I could have my own nudist farm or at lest a garden
and
be able garden in the nude!.......

Well I sort of have that with my 20 acres (see gallery) However while I have the land and am still expanding my gardening, I can't do it nude because those areas are still visible from the road or front yard, should someone pull in. :( BUMMER :(

Your place looks nice, grow some high bushes might work and put up signs, could help the unaware person dropping by.

I like this song: :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=p ... qz7Z9ixoQs

wearingair
wearingair
Native Resident

Postby Jon-Marc » Fri May 25, 2012 2:21 am

Unfortunately, my WI FI Internet doesn't play videos very well.
The Righteousness of Christ--the ONLY clothing I need.
Jon-Marc
Native Resident

Postby DaveT » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:36 pm

God Move Over! That's a good way to put it. The whole concept is based on the idea that God didn't make things good enough. Actually the whole system promoting GMO is tied to money making from toxic chemicals. And it also seems to be headed in the direction of corporate control of food worldwide.

All the independent research that has been done indicates that it's bad for living animals to eat gene modified food.
If the experiments with animals were applied to humans (it is being applied, in real life not experimentally) we could (can) expect serious health and reproductive problems getting much worse quite soon.

Which is why I fully intend to do something about it for my own health and as many others as possible. That is; grow all my own food, no GMO's and no toxic chemicals. and grow plenty for others as well. I have very little crop land of my own to work with, it's all rough mountainside land. (where I cut hay I don't own and so can't justify putting a lot of long term fertility into it) So the best thing I could do is build a few greenhouses. I would like to try reproducing something along the line of the "Amazonian dark earth" or terra preta. In a greenhouse.
DaveT
Native Resident

Postby wearingair » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 pm

I don't have much but a little porch and a small flower garden to try to grow some food, but I will grow what I can. I also have been buying as much organic as possible, but it is very expensive. I am to the point that I will not eat GMOs if at all possible, to point where we will be eating a lot of oat-mill by the end of the month or what ever we can find. Can't stand the idea of being poisoned so someone else and make a buck.

But I am still very great-full, always. :D

wearingair
wearingair
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:46 pm

wearingair wrote:I don't have much but a little porch and a small flower garden to try to grow some food, but I will grow what I can.
Well I am not sure how well your climate supports them, but if you don't have much space you still might want to try sweet potatoes. I was surprised to find out how easy these are to grow. They are not much bothered by insects or diseases around here (southwest missouri) and once you have found a variety you like, you can just start cutting the tops off last years tubers and start your own sprouts for the next year's crop (start about 2 months before last frost). Last year we planted two dozen plants and after giving away lots of them we still will have leftovers beyond what we eat in a year, And they keep just fine in the basement or other cool dry place. Given a head start they will shade out most of the weeds, and don't seem to have pest problems (we use the Beauregard variety) We planted them in rows 18 inches apart spacing the plants approximately 12 inches in the row. We threw up the dirt into ridges and planted in the ridges. This makes them easy to water for a week at a time by flooding the trenches and easier to dig because you can easily get the shovel under them since the tubers are in the ridges. Waltham butternut squash are also easy to grow when cultivated the same way, but they will run their vines out into the surrounding area far more. and may get squash bugs. They also keep very well for months in a cool dry space
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:41 am

I am using a couple old large container that once held trees (find someone planting trees and ask for their old pots), an old racing slick turned inside out, and a few other scrounged up containers(all free). I then filled them with soil/manure mix and planted okra, peppers and eggplant. My okra, jalapenos, and eggplant have already started to produce. I also make sure that the bottoms of the containers have holes in them for drainage and the roots can also grow into the the surrounding area and not become root-bound in the pot. I use diatomaceous earth and neem oil for pests and herbicidal soap for weeds/grass control.

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby bn2bnude » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:23 am

I just found out about aquaponics and it sounds really interesting.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)

If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
bn2bnude
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:34 am

I have a friend who has been learning about aquaponics with plans to take to third would countries. He is with YWAM (Youth With A Mission) missions organization. Last I heard he was in Colorado to see if it works in high altitude northern climates.

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:28 am

Ok, you aquaponics advocates, what is the difference between aquaponics and hydroponics.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby natman » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:15 am

Bare_Truth wrote:Ok, you aquaponics advocates, what is the difference between aquaponics and hydroponics.

Hydroponics is the growing of plant in nutrient-rich water, without soil.

It appears that aquaponics is form of closed-loop symbiotic relationship between aquatic farming (fish and snails) and plant farming. The water from fish ponds is fed used to irigate crops, which in turn, filter out ammonia and nitrates produced by efluents and uneaten food from the water, which is then fed back into the fish pond.
SON-cerely,
Nathan Powers

Get exposed to the sun, and get exposed to the Son.
natman
Mayor (Site Admin)

Return to Nudism and Health Issues