Effective Tick Bite Treatment After all the Usual

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Effective Tick Bite Treatment After all the Usual

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun May 24, 2015 6:07 pm

It is tick season again so this is a good time to share what I have found to take the annoyance out of tick bites and hasten their healing.

After following all the usual advice about how to clean around the bite and remove the tick and further clean etc. There is nothing more to do than put up with the fiery itch and scabbing etc for a few weeks. But wait! there is something that is highly effective.

Go to the "over the counter" part of the pharmacy to where they keep the Triple Antibiotic Ointment and don' buy any :!: :shock: Instead look around next to it. Triple antibiotic ointment uses a grease base that gets all over everything you bump into and makes it greasy too. It is greasy because one of those antibiotics will degrade if not in a grease base. But, somehwhere close to the tripple antibiotic, usually right along side, you should find Antibiotic Cream with Pain Relief.
--They left out the antibiotic that must have a grease base,
-- added in a topical external anesthetic, and
-- put it in a vanishing creme base.

On a finger tip put a tiny bit of this cream, just enough to make a dime sized smear over the tick bite. In a few minutes the itch is gone! :D When this is done just before bedtime you should be able to not be awakened by itching or find yourself scratching at the bites in the middle of the night while you are still asleep. After several days you won't need the cream for that bite any more, the redness and swelling is greatly reduced.

This is great for kids (because they won't often stop scratching because it is a natural response for them).

Be sure to buy the small tube so that you can carry it in your pocket for flare ups. One treatment is usually good for 4 or 5 hours during waking hours.(a little less at first a bit longer later in the treatment and longer while sleeping).

It appears to prevent development of bacterial aggravation of the wound which also reduces swelling, scabbing or ulceration.

The amount used is minuscule so it last a long time and for many bites.

To apply to a bite where you cannot see it, (even under clothing); place a small dot on one fingure tip and then feel for the bite with the adjacent finger tip and slide over one finger width and put the dot on the byte and spread to about the size of a dime.

I have found this method to be the most effective so far. the creme is odorless and can be spread to the point of virtual invisibility.

I am very sensitive to irritations but have found this to be a very effective treatment and healing seems to be faster. :D

P.S. I do not know if it will work on pets, but maybe.
P.P.S. It also works on small poison ivy eruptions, however for something wide scale the exposure might be too much so maybe you should check with an MD for serious outbreaks.
Last edited by Bare_Truth on Sun May 24, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Re: Effective Tick Bite Treatment After all the Usual

Postby Petros » Sun May 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Well, thank you for that, both for the hint and for sparing me the willy nilly debate of blockade busting.

Generally, our ticks do not settle down to work on Herself or me; they dither in the hair a while, fall off or crawl onto skin and are detected. But the Canine Companion gets his share, and we could get nipped too will bear it in mind. He does not seem to notice aftershocks from removed ticks - but we will watch.

Judging by this [ http://tickinfo.com ] we are dealing here with the Brown Dog Tick. Different species will have different habits and might call for different treatments.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun May 24, 2015 8:21 pm

The ticks we have here are Lone Star Ticks.
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Mon May 25, 2015 7:31 am

Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Mon May 25, 2015 5:09 pm

This might also help.
I am one of those peoplle that can turn off pain (to an extent). I tell dentist no Novocain. Don't need it.
Anyway had a spider bite that didn't want to go away, and if I turned pain receptors on I could feel pain going down leg from the bite. I got some of that freese off stuff for warts, and froze the bite really good. After that could no longer detect pain from the wound.
I realize this is radical and would only use on really bad bites, but makes another thing in the toolbox.

In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Bare_Truth » Mon May 25, 2015 11:03 pm

Two points here
MoNatureMan wrote:I got some of that freese off stuff for warts, and froze the bite really good. After that could no longer detect pain from the wound.
When I discovered that the compound W wart freeze ingredient was 1112 Tetraflouroethane I went to Radio Shack and got a whole can of the same stuff in the form of circuit freeze (Component Cooler) and had enough to do about 50 - 100 warts.

MoNatureMan wrote:I am one of those people that can turn off pain (to an extent). I tell dentist no Novocain. Don't need it.
It sounds like your are like the Eastern Mystic who told the dentist to skip the Novocain because he would prefer to rely on his skill to Transcend Dental Medication :lol:
Bare_Truth
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue May 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Somehow I have taught or learned (don't know which) my system to concentrate on other things so when pain happens, it is not recognized. I know it sounds weird but to some extent I am able to do that. To an extent pain is all in our mind.
Last time I was at the dentist he could not believe it. I could even feel him probing on the nerve of the tooth, but no pain.
I have met other people that have this 'skill(???)', to different degrees.
One pain I have trouble overcoming is a headache.

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Tue May 26, 2015 3:59 pm

And of course there is the pain in the neck, for which there is no palliative.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Tue May 26, 2015 5:27 pm

I have been that at times. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Wed May 27, 2015 12:53 pm

MoNatureMan wrote:...One pain I have trouble overcoming is a headache.
Have you been taught how to breathe from your belly/abdomen/core to relax? Many headaches come from excess tension, and if yours are those kind of headaches, a little deep breathing will help, especially when combined with a quick self-administered shoulder rub.

Also, there are pressure points in your temples that, if you press them, can ease your headaches (except for migraines). 8)
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Return to Nudism and Health Issues