Allergy reactin like sunburn

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Allergy reactin like sunburn

Postby New_Adventurer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Help, I am desperate for what to get. I developed a rash and allergic reaction to a medication or food supplement. Symptoms are red skin and overall constant itching that feels like sunburn even though it is not from the sun. The only relief is the hot tub, but then I need to get out occasionally. I went to the pharmacy store and asked about the product for sunburn itch relief that was a spray on topical anesthetic. The clerk heard sunburn and sent me to the sunscreen aisle. No, pain relief I said. He sent me to the aisle for Tylenol and aspirin. No, sunburn pain relief. That is all they had. Then I went to the San Francisco Silent Film Festival in San Francisco and spent four days sitting in the Castro Theatre scratching as discretely as I could.

Someone on this forum ought to know of a product for sunburn pain relief, after all, we all have gotten a little bit too much sun on occasion. I tried an aloe Vera product that had no effect and the doctor prescribed some Fluocinonide ointment but all that did was make me greasy and still itchy. Does anyone have any suggestions?
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Re: Allergy reactin like sunburn

Postby jasenj1 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Benadryl pills? or Benadryl cream/stick?

https://www.benadryl.com/products
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby jjsledge » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:39 pm

I had a similar reaction to antibiotics many years ago.
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
jjsledge
Native Resident

Postby nakedpreacher » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:07 pm

Solarcaine has a topical anesthetic and also moisturizers, in addition the spray action has a cooling effect. I don't know if this will help, but Jerry is right, if you are taking antibiotics it may be a reaction to them. I have a similar reaction to sulfa drugs.
If, when we judged others, our real motive was to destroy evil; we should look for evil where it is certain to be found, and that is in our own hearts. Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship
nakedpreacher
Native Resident

Postby jochanaan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:02 pm

I rather doubt that traditional sunburn-relief products will help, since this is not a sunburn. Your best plan for the future might be to determine which food or medication is causing the reaction and simply avoid it.
You can live your life in fear--or you can live your life.
jochanaan
Councillor

Postby New_Adventurer » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:11 pm

The viable solution was Benadryl. Maybe not the best solution, but it is what was available on short notice and it did the trick. As for the cause, well that is still a mystery for the future.
New_Adventurer
Native Resident

Postby MoNatureMan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:43 pm

Don't forget some drugs have a reaction to sun exposure. My wife breaks out if she takes some antibiotics and sun exposure on that, makes it worse.

The reaction of your pharmacist is really poor. In future you may want to go elsewhere.

In Him
Ron :cross:
MoNatureMan
Native Resident

Postby jasenj1 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:22 am

New_Adventurer wrote:The viable solution was Benadryl.

You'll receive my bill as soon as I can figure out how to sign up as a Medicare provider. :)
jasenj1
Native Resident

Postby Petros » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:12 am

Don't do it - every MD in the UK knows the money is in the private patients.
The truth, the stark naked truth, the truth without so much as a loincloth on, should surely be the investigator's sole aim - Basil Chamberlain
Petros
Native Resident

Return to Nudism and Health Issues