Annual physical and concerns

Nudism raises lots of questions about body care. It is a healthy way of life in many ways, but it also presents certain concerns that we don't face when clothed. Here you can ask all your questions, and post about the health benefits of nudism / naturism.<P>Only Residents and higher may post here.

Moderators: jochanaan, MatthewNeal, jimmy, natman, Senior Moderator, Moderators

Annual physical and concerns

Postby naturaldon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:07 pm

It's time for my annual physical and it gets me thinking... so I'll think out loud:

I've never told my doctor that I enjoy naturism. I'm thinking I might say something this time, but only if I think it would be helpful in one area. How many here have told their own doctors?

Also, aside from that, what questions or concerns do you specifically talk to your doctor about? Nothing personal, of course. Maybe we can compile a list here, although I realize that some questions relate to individual ailments or conditions.

My #1 discussion with my doctor will be on healthy eating (nutrition, without supplements) for a man my age considering a few minor health concerns of which he is aware (one of which I continue healing).
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
User avatar
naturaldon
Native Resident
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am
Location: NW MO

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby bn2bnude » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:52 am

I'd also voice any concern about skin cancer symptoms.
So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. (Rom 8:1 NLT)



If I speak with the tongues of men and angels but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. (1 Cor 13:1)
User avatar
bn2bnude
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2712
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 8:09 am
Location: Denver

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby webmeister » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:21 am

A few years ago I didn't have to say anything, my doctor just said "You're going to make some dermatologist happy some day", so I guess my overall tan was real good then :D
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
User avatar
webmeister
Native Resident
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:03 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby Bare_Truth » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:53 pm

webmeister wrote:A few years ago I didn't have to say anything, my doctor just said "You're going to make some dermatologist happy some day", so I guess my overall tan was real good then :D



Hmmm, did he mean that you skin was in real good condition that would impress a dermatologist or was he predicting the dermatologist would get rich from so many visits to fix all the skin cancer?
I never met anyone that I could not learn something from.
User avatar
Bare_Truth
Native Resident
 
Posts: 2480
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:07 pm
Location: Ozark Plateau, Southwest Missouri

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby jjsledge » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:59 am

Article on safe sun exposure. You can buy his stuff or just use his 'chemicals to avoid' list and buy safer products. Short video and long article.
http://products.mercola.com/summer-esse ... d=30425172

Jerry
Those who judge the motives of othere are simply revealing what's in their own hearts. Frank Viola "Revise Us Again" p.89
User avatar
jjsledge
Native Resident
 
Posts: 525
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 6:53 pm
Location: Rockwall, Texas

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby webmeister » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:14 am

Bare_Truth wrote:
webmeister wrote:A few years ago I didn't have to say anything, my doctor just said "You're going to make some dermatologist happy some day", so I guess my overall tan was real good then :D



Hmmm, did he mean that you skin was in real good condition that would impress a dermatologist or was he predicting the dermatologist would get rich from so many visits to fix all the skin cancer?

:lol: Good one BT, I'm sure it was that they would be making the bucks... :wink:
Live - Love - Laugh
Have Fun!
User avatar
webmeister
Native Resident
 
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:03 pm
Location: Northern California

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby Maverick » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:26 pm

jjsledge wrote:Article on safe sun exposure. You can buy his stuff or just use his 'chemicals to avoid' list and buy safer products. Short video and long article.
http://products.mercola.com/summer-esse ... d=30425172

Jerry


Cool, thanks Jerry. Mercola seems to be on top of things--I'll watch when I have time this week.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby naturaldon » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:07 pm

I read the article at the link. Not sure about some of it, but it's personal: I don't use sunscreen or insect repellent. I can't stand the feel of it on my skin. Worse is the smell. I just don't care for any of it. (If I have to use insect repellent, I put it on my clothing, but that's kind of hard to do with sunscreen. 8))

So I think I'll have my doctor give a second look at my skin and perhaps tell him that I do spend time naked in the sun. He usually looks me over head to toe and inside out. He'll find something if it's there. And I often do self exams, too, as we all should.

On my side is that I've never had a skin problem and no history of it in my family. I don't burn easily and can spend tons of time in the sun without problem. I do get a little redder when I'm on the water but it goes away in a day or so. I'm not light skinned so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Another doctor question, perhaps.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
User avatar
naturaldon
Native Resident
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am
Location: NW MO

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby Maverick » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:07 pm

naturaldon wrote:I read the article at the link. Not sure about some of it, but it's personal: I don't use sunscreen or insect repellent. I can't stand the feel of it on my skin. Worse is the smell. I just don't care for any of it. (If I have to use insect repellent, I put it on my clothing, but that's kind of hard to do with sunscreen. 8))


Don, as you know I hate sunscreen and bugspray too for the same reasons. For bug spray/insect repellant, I may have a good option. My mom gave me a bottle of this stuff called TerraShield by an essential oils company called doTerra. (She's into essential oils--but that's another discussion.) The stuff doesn't smell bad and it really works! In fact, spraying that stuff on my legs at Smithville Lake kept the bugs off, as if there was an invisible shield around my legs that they couldn't penetrate.
In nuditate veritas.
User avatar
Maverick
Native Resident
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 am
Location: DFW, TX

Re: Annual physical and concerns

Postby naturaldon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:01 pm

Maverick wrote:My mom gave me a bottle of this stuff called TerraShield by an essential oils company called doTerra.

You should have brought it to the eclipse field to keep away one certain, annoying little boy (actually he was rather cute - just being all boy). :lol:

Hmmm... essential oils. I wonder if you can shave with the same blend? Really. At the least it would keep bugs away from your face! I know that certain blends can be used for such but I'm not sure how much it matters about the kind of oils used for shaving, but that's another story, too.

I might ask my doctor what he thinks about essential oils, just to see where he lands with it.
-Don
He must increase, but I must decrease. (John 3:30)
User avatar
naturaldon
Native Resident
 
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am
Location: NW MO


Return to Nudism and Health Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest